Is Mike Norvell a "Google" coach?

Glocker_Alum_2005

Odds makers have him as 2nd most likely behind Gruden. Would
you rather have Norvell or Less Miles? I would take Norvell or Morris over Les. Everyone says no Google coach. All would agree Les is not a Google coach. That said I think Norvell is probably 4-5 on the list. I think Currie wants a name P5 coach (Patterson, Jimbo, Gundy, Mullen). History says the odds of a name P5 leaving is very unlikely. Hasn't happened since 2013, with the Nebraska /Pitt/ Oregon St. hires. After that maybe Norvell would be ahead of P5's like Durkin or Fleck.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/tennessee-coaching-search-jon-gruden-the-favorite-to-become-vols-next-coach/

Reactions: 1 person
Not big enough sample size for me. If not Gruden, Patterson, Frost, Fuente, Gundy, Venables, Kiffin, Kelly, Dantonio, Marrone, hen Mullen, then I'd say the dude at James Madison, then Norvell.

Reactions: 2 people
you rather have Norvell or Less Miles? I would take Norvell or Morris over Les. Everyone says no Google coach. All would agree Les is not a Google coach. That said I think Norvell is probably 4-5 on the list. I think Currie wants a name P5 coach (Patterson, Jimbo, Gundy, Mullen). History says the odds of a name P5 leaving is very unlikely. Hasn't happened since 2013, with the Nebraska /Pitt/ Oregon St. hires. After that maybe Norvell would be ahead of P5's like Durkin or Fleck.

Tennessee coaching search: Jon Gruden the favorite to become Vols' next coach - CBSSports.com

Yep, a Google coach.

At the moment, I'd say yes.

But I'd be willing to bet pennies to dollars he's coaching at a P5 school next year. If I was to guess, Arky takes a run at him.

Reactions: 3 people
Yes. I like to think I am fairly in tune with NCAAFB and until he came to Memphis I would have to Google where he came from.

I would rather have Les Miles any day to Norvell.

Tennessee coaching search: Jon Gruden the favorite to become Vols' next coach - CBSSports.com

Norvell. I’d much rather have Norvell.

Reactions: 7 people
At the moment, I'd say yes.

But I'd be willing to bet pennies to dollars he's coaching at a P5 school next year. If I was to guess, Arky takes a run at him.

this. i think Norvell is probably better than any of us are willing to give credit, but fo some that's going to be the case for anyone not named Gruden or Kelly....so it is what it is.

i agree with those, though, that his name just isn't the one we need to see this time around. if that's the name we see, i think it's safe to say things did not go according to plan.

He is like BJ to me followed Justin Fuente at Memphis and has not had enough time to show if he can do it on his own yet IMO

Nobody who takes a close look at Miles' last 2 yrs wants mealy-mouth Les.

I do not "want" him but I would take him over another unproven winner from a lower tier conference unproven in a big league job. Like him or not Les Miles gave LSU a bunch of seasons we would dream to have. Again I DO NOT want Les but if the choice is Les or Norvell I am full Les.

He is like BJ to me followed Justin Fuente at Memphis and has not had enough time to show if he can do it on his own yet IMO

you could argue he's already proven to be better than BJ, imo.

but that doesn't change what the perception would be.

and being better than BJ is not the measuring stick.

Miles >>> Norvell

Miles would certainly win some games here. Not as confident about Norvell

VN Store

Back