Let's Just Face It

Matt2496

...that we are the Nebraska of the SEC. We had a really good run in the 80's and 90's but now, Tennessee is not a top tier program. We're not even the best team in our state.

TBH, I don't know how good of a job Tennessee is anymore. Fortunately, there is a deep enough coaching pool for John Currie to really have to screw up in order to make a bad hire. However, if we have to compete against Florida for a particular candidate, we will lose that battle. Every. Time.

I'm not saying we can't ever be good again, but I feel too many TN fans have a false sense of just how good of a job TN actually is.

Reactions: 15 people
What?? We have some of the best facilities, an incredible recruiting budget, primed right in the middle of football land for recruits, rich tradition, die hard fans, and a soon enough renovated state of the art Neyland Stadium. So I completely disagree with you. That's ridiculous

Reactions: 21 people
...that we are the Nebraska of the SEC. We had a really good run in the 80's and 90's but now, Tennessee is not a top tier program. We're not even the best team in our state.

TBH, I don't know how good of a job Tennessee is anymore. Fortunately, there is a deep enough coaching pool for John Currie to really have to screw up in order to make a bad hire. However, if we have to compete against Florida for a particular candidate, we will lose that battle. Every. Time.

I'm not saying we can't ever be good again, but I feel too many TN fans have a false sense of just how good of a job TN actually is.

Butch....shouldn't you be packing?

Reactions: 33 people

Just when I think I have seen all the internet has to offer, this gem pops up........

Reactions: 3 people
f67.png

Reactions: 23 people
Op isn't completely wrong. Tennessee is traditionally 7-9 win team. however, there is a difference in trying to change that and just accepting it. It does not appear that Curry is accepting it.

Reactions: 5 people

It’s a 9 win minimum program every year. And should be competitive in all games

Reactions: 4 people

No, I'm not going to face it and neither should anyone else.

Reactions: 2 people
lane kiffen said yesterday on 102.3 that 10 years ago the same thing was being said about Alabama but then came along Nick Saban.

Sad but true

So a decade of failed hires means we can’t turn it around, despite the fact schools do it all the time?

Reactions: 1 person
Lane Kiffin himself said a couple of weeks ago that TN has everything that Alabama has to be competitive...just not the coaching.

Reactions: 1 person
lane kiffen said yesterday on 102.3 that 10 years ago the same thing was being said about Alabama but then came along Nick Saban.

and for the life of me I can't figure out why an 18 yo wants to go to Tuscola Ala

Competing with Death Threat University may have gotten easier.

For all I know, all coaches have that problem from time to time.

Our biggest problem is how we have defeated teams in the past in such traumatic fashion that they, the fans, become very bitter towards us. They are such cowards, Florida fans take it out on their own. It means a lot to compete with Vols. To actually beat us is a big deal even at 4-6 it would mean much for LSU to beat us.

Too bad for them they won't.

Go Vols!

Beat LSU.

Second only to Texas in program wealth.

Top 5 facilities in the country.

Stadium improvements coming which demonstrate a long term commitment to the program.

But the biggest factor is that UT has more instate talent and with intelligent recruiting... is situated in a place to effectively recruit Ohio, VA, NC, SC, GA, FL, MS, and AL.

I like Nebraska. I especially like Nebraskans. They're great people. But most recruits don't want to play that far away from family and friends. The closest significant recruiting areas to Lincoln are Texas and Chicago. In their heyday, they had juiced up farm boys coupled with skill players from CA, FL, and TX.

The comparison you are trying to make fails. UT is a place where the right coach can win big. In this era of CFB, Nebraska is not.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back