Let me try to save y’all some trouble

99gator

Congressman
I have read some of these threads and shake my head.

Apparently, for some, unless you’ve gone 14-0 in the SEC, you aren’t a good hire.

The current available crop of coaches is as good and deep as it gets.

Poster after poster has a problem with Kelly, Mullen, Frost, Norvell, Campbell, Fuente, Morris, etc.

I’ll save you all some trouble. There is no sure thing. There is potential risk in every hire.....including Gruden.

So, stop knocking some of these guys because they’ve lost a game in their coaching career.

I really say this sincerely. I think Tennessee folks will end up happy as long as they end up with one of the names that’s been thrown around.

Reactions: 110 people

Apparently, for some, unless you’ve gone 14-0 in the SEC, you aren’t a good hire.

Poster after poster has a problem with Kelly, Mullen, Frost, Norvell, Campbell, Fuente, Morris, etc.

I’ll save you all some trouble. There is no sure thing. There is potential risk in every hire.....including Gruden.

So, stop knocking some of these guys because they’ve lost a game in their coaching career.

I really say this sincerely. I think Tennessee folks will end up happy as long as they end up with one of the names that’s been thrown around.

For realz

Reactions: 5 people

Says a fan of a the team who just ran off a coach after back to back SEC East Championships..Kettle meet Pot!

Reactions: 22 people
Think it over again. My school is after the same list of coaches. There is no pot/kettle.

Again lil man my post went over your head. You fired a man who just won back to back East Championships. Let that settled in and get back to me. And no our list and Florida's is not even remotely close. Neither Kelly,Frost,Taggart or Strong would even be in our top 5 of realistic possibilities. Not talking about what you read in the media $hit either.

Again lil man my post went over your head. You fired a man who just won back to back East Championships. Let that settled in and get back to me. And no our list and Florida's is not even remotely close. Neither Kelly,Frost,Taggart or Strong would even be in our top 5 of realistic possibilities. Not talking about what you read in the media $hit either.

We are in the same pool of coaches.

Reactions: 3 people
Thanks Gator. I mean the thanks, sincerely. Use of Gator is sarcastic and condescending.

People have hires they would like and hires they wouldn't.

Ground breaking stuff apparently.

CJM was not a good coach. He was only slightly better than Butch. FL is smart to cut ties and find someone sooner than later.

I do agree with this but fact is he won the East his first 2 years and was 2-1 against Butch. Based on results on the Field he was way better. Again we all know looks can be deceiving and JM Wasn't a very good coach and was weird AF but the results do tell a different story. He took advantage of a very weak East and very poor coaching by Butch and his staff.

Reactions: 1 person

Why are you being such as ass? Especially when you are wrong. Of course we are going after the same pool of coaches.

Reactions: 20 people
I think Mullen would be a great hire. Well most if these guys would be a great hire.

I'm not agreeing with a damn Gator regardless.

You're wrong 99gator. :)

Reactions: 5 people

people like who they like. there's dissention in any fan base that's going thru a search, and they choose sides, yours included.

all of us know there's risk with any of these guys and no one "knows" who will be what.

the only thing that makes us special is Gruden. that's a dynamic no other program can hold a candle to..........:p

Reactions: 3 people
We are in the same pool of coaches.

We are absolutely not. Florida's top 4 realistic candidates are Frost,Kelly,Strong and Taggart. None of those 4 are in our top 4. Most likely it's going to be Frost for UF. Gruden is #1 on ours and not saying we get him atleast we are going all in. Jimbo,Mullen,Brohm wrap up our top 4.

Reactions: 2 people

I agree, and it’s going to be a lot of fun in the next two months, battling it out!😁

Reactions: 2 people

I don't think there's any danger of that going over anybody's head.

Reactions: 1 person
We are absolutely not. Florida's top 4 realistic candidates are Frost,Kelly,Strong and Taggart. None of those 4 are in our top 4. Most likely it's going to be Frost for UF. Gruden is #1 on ours and not saying we get him atleast we are going all in. Jimbo,Mullen,Brohm wrap up our top 4.

You have no clue who are top 4 are. One guy knows and I have yet to see him post on this board.

Reactions: 15 people

VN Store

Back