Is Scott Frost qualified?

madbamahater

All we are hearing is Scott Frost is going to Nebraska, Florida or Tennessee.

But is he qualified for Tennessee?

Has he done enough?

Is his resume good enough?

Reason I'm asking is that he technically is an up and comer. Yes, he was OC at Oregon. Yes he has UCF ranked very high. But, who does UCF play?

Tennessee can't afford to hire just anyone. Tennessee needs to make a huge splash hire. Is Scott that kind of candidate?

Petrino is well seasoned coach. Mullen is more seasoned coach in this league. Not necessarily endorsing these two. Just stating my opinion...

Reactions: 1 person

Has he done enough?

Reason I'm asking is that he technically is an up and comer. Yes, he was OC at Oregon. Yes he has UCF ranked very high. But, who does UCF play?

Tennessee can't afford to hire just anyone. Tennessee neess to make a huge splash hire. Is Scott that kind of candidate?

Petrino is well seasoned coach. Mullen is more seasoned coach in this league. Not necessarily endorsing these two. Just stating my opinion...

Lane Kiffin 2.0

If a school not named Nebraska hires him, better have that contract written up correctly.

Reactions: 2 people
So Dan Mullen who hasn’t accomplished any championships and Petrino, who has always been second fiddle, are more qualified than what appears to be a strong up and comer why?

I’d rather go high ceiling/low floor gamble than high floor/low ceiling safe bet. Why am I the minority in that thought process?

Reactions: 17 people

Has he done enough?

Tennessee can't afford to hire just anyone. Tennessee needs to make a huge splash hire. Is Scott that kind of candidate?

No

So Dan Mullen who hasn’t accomplished any championships and Petrino, who has always been second fiddle, are more qualified than what appears to be a strong up and comer why?

I’d rather go high ceiling/low floor gamble than high floor/low ceiling safe bet. Why am I the minority in that thought process?

Mullen is 45 and Frost is 42. Please tell me more about how their ceilings are drastically different.

Because you mentioned Petrino...🤢

Remember.....Butch Jones won the conference title at Cincy....a similar program to UCF. UCF may actually hire Butch Jones...lol.

Mullen has won **** because he is at Miss St. Mississippi State! Petrino is at Louisville. Louisville!

Has he done enough?

UCF record

George O'Leary
2015 0-12

Scott Frost
2016 6-7
2017 9-0

Reactions: 6 people
Honestly, I like both a lot.

If (God forbid) we don't get Gruden, Frost and Mullen would both be good hires. Mullen has a higher floor, but I don't necessarily think he has a low ceiling.

He's done far more than Franklin ever did at Vanderbilt in a similar environment, and look at what Franklin did when he had legit Tier 1 resources to work with. I really think Mullen could blow up here.

Reactions: 7 people
Remember.....Butch Jones won the conference title at Cincy....a similar program to UCF. UCF may actually hire Butch Jones...lol.

Mullen has won **** because he is at Miss St. Mississippi State! Petrino is at Louisville. Louisville!

Butch Jones won no such title of anything at Cincy. He never went to a BCS bowl game as Conference champ. I still think it’s hilarious he touted 4 conference titles in 6 years in his introductory Presser.

Mullen is 45 and Frost is 42. Please tell me more about how their ceilings are drastically different.

Because people act like Miss St is a garbage spot, but it’s not nearly that bad. And he’s never won the SEC West ever. Not even close

Because people act like Miss St is a garbage spot, but it’s not nearly that bad. And he’s never won the SEC West ever. Not even close

Starkville is the doormat of the SEC. In what ways is it not a garbage spot? This oughta be grand.

Reactions: 8 people
Was Dooley qualified? No. Was Butch qualified? Not without the help of Brian Kelly.

Scott Frost is more qualified than those two, IMO. The Kiffin hire was completely understandable at the time. He was a hot name and you got the feeling if he was successful, he might stick with your school for a long time. Heck he made all the right moves; brought in Monte, a great supporting staff, NAMED HIS KID KNOX, showed he could reel in the big fish -- too bad it was all for show and the house of cards collapsed completely after a year, leaving us with our thumbs in our arse scrounging for a serviceable replacement -- which left us with some loser from LA Tech.

I think Frost to UT is a good fit. Then fan support, facilities, budget are night and day better than UCF and UT is in desperate need of a coach who can competently manage in-game situations without referencing a chart. He'd get a tremendous welcome, whereas I'm not sure Mullen would. We've seen a lot out of Mullen and he's still not shown the ability to beat Alabama after 9 years. That should be a big red flag for everyone. Blame MSSTs recruiting sway all you want; if he can't do it after 9 years with very low expectations at MSST, we shouldn't expect him to do it at UT in 2-3 years with MUCH higher expectations.

Frost all day.

Reactions: 7 people
Georgia took a DC and ended up with a #1 ranking in his second year and has obliterated everyone up until Auburn. I think some put too much stalk into big time accomplishments.

Starkville is the doormat of the SEC. In what ways is it not a garbage spot? This oughta be grand.

Jackie Sherrill did more at Miss St than Mullen has. Mullen has more bowl appearances only because there are 259 bowls now. Sherrill not only would get Miss St ranked during the season, he wouldn’t blow it down the stretch. Mullen might sniff a couple ten win seasons at Tennessee, but he’d never get us to the promised land.

Reactions: 3 people

You're not at all. It's just we've got a very vocal minority that favors Mullen. People want more of the same, apparently. Ive seen enough out of Mullen to know he's a competent coach - will get the job done, much like Les Miles got the job done - but he won't get you to the next level. Scott Frost on the other hand is a hot commodity in the coaching world for a reason. He's got experience under big names and he's already shown tremendous promise in his second year (especially once you consider he took a 0-12 UCF team to 6-7 and now undefeated this year). Lots to be excited about with him, whereas Mullen you pretty know what you're going to get.

Reactions: 4 people
Jackie Sherrill did more at Miss St than Mullen has. Mullen has more bowl appearances only because there are 259 bowls now. Sherrill not only would get Miss St ranked during the season, he wouldn’t blow it down the stretch. Mullen might sniff a couple ten win seasons at Tennessee, but he’d never get us to the promised land.

Jackie Sherrill cheated like a mother****er. He learned that from his top guy Bear Bryant......

Reactions: 3 people
Don’t forget Frost has the number one offense in America after taking over an offense that couldn’t move the ball 5 feet before he got there.

Also keep in mind the coaches he has played under or coached with/for. It’s a who’s who list of legends; Belichick, Parcells, Osborne, Chip Kelly, Bill Walsh, Mike Tomlin and John Gruden.

Ideally you’d want more of a track record in a Power 5, but this guy is a rising superstar coach.

Reactions: 11 people

VN Store

Back