Neyland Renovation

Much needed though, the South end of stadium is old, rusted and crappy!

Bathrooms in filling stations in lower Mississippi are nicer!! :banghead2:

Reactions: 2 people
Or maybe they can use a cheaper paint, or more efficient lights. Save a couple million dollars and throw it towards the buyout. Why am I not on the planning committee?

Reactions: 1 person
From the article...

A $340 million renovation of Neyland Stadium now includes additional funding for improvements to the south end of the stadium and enhancements of the fan experience, according to an overview of the project slated to be discussed by the University of Tennessee board of trustees this week.

You know what would enhance the fan experience?

Hiring a big time coach that has a proven track record of winning.....If the team stinks, I don't need another JumboTron to see how much it stinks...

Reactions: 10 people
What good is a better stadium without a better product?

Wow, that sure is a pretty box this rotten food came in, makes me want to eat it now, even though it stinks, tastes bad, makes me throw up, and might kill me.

Reactions: 5 people
Obviously this has been being planned for quite sometime and they are probably financing this, HOWEVER, the optics on this are absolutely terrible and it is just further proof of how out of touch and inept our athletic department is. Announcing this at the time they did provides for some terrible optics.

Currently, fans have been essentially getting told that we (the AD) are concerned about paying this massive buyout for the coaching staff and then having to spend the money on hiring a top-tier coach and how that isn't going to happen. And so they thought it was a brilliant idea to announce $340 million of renovations during peak frustration times?

Unreal....just shows you that this is only a business to them and they could care less about putting a winning product on the field.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UT_King View Post
Post of the day

NO!

He is to busy selling Mercedes..

Yeah, that one owns the dealerships %, and ours ... well, this current coach/ current Program / current Adept (Athletic department) is apparently all about thinking that showing the kids a Mercedes is actually important, if not more so than a winning record in the SEC, and now look at the 5th year results of that activity:

Report: Tennessee's Butch Jones drives $220,000 foreign car to impress recruits

"“Kids judge you by your car,” Jones told the Knoxville newspaper. “It’s crazy.”"

Butch, the National Rankings judge you/the Program (and kids/recruits should be judging you / basing your abilities off of) this way: 0-5.

So we are spending all that money to fix up Neyland stadium but not fix the football team that plays in it...It's kinda like going to Disney without any rides.

Reactions: 2 people
Much needed though, the South end of stadium is old, rusted and crappy!

Bathrooms in filling stations in lower Mississippi are nicer!! :banghead2:

We going to put in gold urinals? Just kidding. I agree that some work needs to be done, but $340M worth? Geez Louise! The article mentioned enhancing fan experience at the games. I can tell you that the best fan experience at Neyland is when the final score says UT has more points than the opponent. Otherwise, I don't really care how nice the facilities are at the stadium. Heck, none of us live there anyway. If I were a donor and/or season ticket holder, the real thing I would wish to know is how is this being funded?

Reactions: 4 people
So we are spending all that money to fix up Neyland stadium but not fix the football team that plays in it...It's kinda like going to Disney without any rides.

Not quite. It's like going to Disney and there are rides. There just all out of service. :eek:lol:

Reactions: 3 people
It has the feel of a Hamilton-esque lather/rinse/repeat, but if funding passes it shouldn't hurt helping to attract top recruits and coaches.

VN Store

Back