Enough about the coaches...

Favorite in my lifetime: UF 98

Favorite ever: Sugar Vols beating the Holy Grail that was Miami.

Reactions: 4 people
Favorite in my lifetime: UF 98

Favorite ever: Sugar Vols beating the Holy Grail that was Miami.

UF 98 here too. I was only a toddler for the Miami win but love what I know about it.

Crompton trashing Georgia his senior year was not as important but was as stunning as any win I have watched.

South Carolina 2013.

That was a good win but I have to ask, how old are you brother? Cannot believe we are in a place where upsetting South Carolina is the best upset we remember. Heartbreaking.

I started watching with my dad in the early 90's and was utterly spoiled by what Fulmer's teams did. In those days if we beat Florida we were going to Atlanta. Everyone else on the schedule just seemed like a speed bump that we ramped over to get there.

Reactions: 3 people
That was a good win but I have to ask, how old are you brother? Cannot believe we are in a place where upsetting South Carolina is the best upset we remember. Heartbreaking.

I started watching with my dad in the early 90's and was utterly spoiled by what Fulmer's teams did. In those days if we beat Florida we were going to Atlanta. Everyone else on the schedule just seemed like a speed bump that we ramped over to get there.

I’m only 22 man.

Didn’t have the luxury to watch the Vols dominate in the 90s. :/

Reactions: 2 people
Flor 2001 when we were DD dogs and knocked them out of the NC race. Downside was we weren't focused on LSU the following week and cost us playing Mia for the NC.One of the best TN/FL games I have watched. Was an instant classic.

Reactions: 1 person
1986 Sugar Bowl-Miami
The Vols actually played the whole 60 minutes that night. I was there. It was a pleasure. I broke a chair in the Super Dome that night walking on the chairs.
If you look closely at the tape, when the Vols came through the T that night my name is on the scoreboard in the upper left hand corner of the screen and my buddies name is below it.

Reactions: 3 people
I’m only 22 man.

Didn’t have the luxury to watch the Vols dominate in the 90s. :/

Well at this point it is probably for the best that you didn't see it. Hopefully we get back there. I want to see how it feels to be a fan of a respected program with social media in play. Back then it was Sports Center and newspapers to read about the Vols dominance.

1986 Sugar Bowl-Miami
The Vols actually played the whole 60 minutes that night. I was there. It was a pleasure. I broke a chair in the Super Dome that night walking on the chairs.
If you look closely at the tape, when the Vols came through the T that night my name is on the scoreboard in the upper left hand corner of the screen and my buddies name is below it.

Cool story bro or nah?

Reactions: 1 person
Cool story bro or nah?

We paid to have our name put on the scoreboard like 4 hours before kickoff. They had put up countless messages on the scoreboard and I was beginning to think we got screwed because they hadn't put our names up there. Then right when the T opened there it was. It said, "Welcome to the 1986 Sugar Bowl Mark Satterfield and Sandy Newman." My name was in capital letters and his name was not. He got mad at me and I said I had nothing to do with it. Honest.
That night I can honestly say, Tennessee used one of the Maxims to the fullest. We played for 60 minutes. Best game ever and I was there.

VN Store

Back