Inky Johnson tribute idea...

goooooovols

livesTrong
Ole Miss honors a former defensive player Chucky Mullens by having one defensive player wear the number this weekend. Kinda an MVP for defense so far who also embodies the strength and courage Mullen’s showed before and after his injury.

Do we do anything like this and who else could we honor while giving incentive to a current player?

I’m thinking Al Wilson player of the week could be a nice way to give guys a goal to achieve his production and passion?

Don't you know? Butch has this covered.

DJJG5i1VYAQQRRA.jpg

Can't make this stuff up, folks.

Reactions: 4 people
Ole Miss honors a former defensive player Chucky Mullens by having one defensive player wear the number this weekend. Kinda an MVP for defense so far who also embodies the strength and courage Mullen’s showed before and after his injury.

Do we do anything like this and who else could we honor while giving incentive to a current player?

I’m thinking Al Wilson player of the week could be a nice way to give guys a goal to achieve his production and passion?

First, I believe one defensive player is selected to wear Mullen's number each year. I believe they present it at a banquet to kick off each season You made it sound like they pass that jersey around week to week. Don't think so.

I would think trying to copycat Ole Miss on this doesn't really work. If we had done this for someone like Andy Spiva after he was killed in that car crash? Maybe. But trying the exact same type thing to honor a living player? Kinda cheapens it. Even if it might be for Inky.

The fact Evan Berry decided he wanted to wear Inky's number was a classy move in itself. Otherwise, I think our boys should have enough incentives to play defense. Right now, until they get more consistent? All they need is avoiding someone's foot going up their backsides.

"Best in Leadership Reps" Helmet Stickers and Patches

Last edited:

VN Store

Back