Keep Butch if he pulls upset today?

madbamahater

I don't know if I remember seeing any pro Butch folks on here over the last 2 weeks.

Will any opinions change about Butch and replacing him even if he pulls the upset today?

Would it be enough? Are you just that completely checked out that even knocking off #1 Bama at home wouldn't even bring you back in?

Are you just fed up with the ups and downs of Butch and know that even if he pulls a miracle off today, that he could literally turn around and lose to UK or any other team or all the rest of the season?

Reactions: 1 person
Could be to our benefit, since bama would possibly fire Saban if this happened....

This is not going to happen

Reactions: 3 people
That plus a promise to dump a few assistant coaches would buy enough points with Currie to keep him on.

If he wins today I would be thrilled...then I would be so frustrated...If he can win this why is he losing to SC, FLA, and Georgia?

An "upset" would be beating the spread. That's a Butch-level upset. You need only look at his record -vs- Top 25 teams to know that. 6-17 against Top 25 (at UT), and 0-12 against Top 10 (again, at UT).

I hate it for UT, but today is going to be a very long day for the Vols and their fan base.

Go Vols.

Reactions: 2 people
Butch is a Lamb in a wolf's clothing, so don't worry about an upset, this could be the worst Vol team ever, think about that for a moment:)

I can't believe there are still fans who can even contemplate Butch staying or entertain the idea we could beat Alabama today.

It's time to find competency folks. It's the only way forward.

If he wins today I would be thrilled...then I would be so frustrated...If he can win this why is he losing to SC, FLA, and Georgia?

Would be called a complete fluke. Nothing to do with those other games

If he beats Bama I think they'd let him coach until he screws up again

No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 4 people
I don't know if I remember seeing any pro Butch folks on here over the last 2 weeks.

Will any opinions change about Butch and replacing him even if he pulls the upset today?

Would it be enough? Are you just that completely checked out that even knocking off #1 Bama at home wouldn't even bring you back in?

Are you just fed up with the ups and downs of Butch and know that even if he pulls a miracle off today, that he could literally turn around and lose to UK or any other team or all the rest of the season?

Ain't happening. Think about it.....this team could very well be 1-5. If GA Tech converts the 2 point try in OT and if UMASS scores on the last possession. Had their starter not been injured, its very likely they would have driven down the field and WON.

Botch is not beating Bama today....it will be ugly fast.

Smoky.jpg

Ain't happening. Think about it.....this team could very well be 1-5. If GA Tech converts the 2 point try in OT and if UMASS scores on the last possession. Had their starter not been injured, its very likely they would have driven down the field and WON.

View attachment 140408

..but if we had scored just 7 more TDs, then we would have beaten GA! :)

Butch shouldn't be defined by one game, win or lose. I hope he pulls the upset. I also hope the Vols win the rest of their games. No of that is going to happen though.

I base my opinion of Butch on a body of work. He's dropped too many winnable games to stay. It's more than the UGA blow out. More than the Florida loss. More than upsetting Bama should that happen.

I want a coach who wins 10 every year, wins the east almost yearly, wins the SEC from time to time, and gets in the playoffs more than not.

Reactions: 3 people
Ok, I'll play.

Yes keep Butch if he wins today. Award him big money, etc... Heck I will chip in my next paycheck.

But since this won't happen will he be gone after today or Kentucky? My bet is after Kentucky game.

View attachment 140408

And this team could just as early very well be 5-1, if the UF receiver didn't catch that pass, we score just one TD in the first half against USC. See how stupid this "just as easily" hypotheticals are?

The 1998 team could have just as easily been 8-3 regular season if Hall choked, the UF kicker hit, and the Hog QB wasn't a dope for putting the ball on the ground.

VN Store

Back