Cleveland Radio on Browns GM/Vols Coach/Peyton

Vfl2407

Thought I’d listen to a little Cleveland sports talk radio and see if the Vols potential coaching search came up.
It did several times in terms of the Browns hoping to get Peyton as their General Manager.
No real talk of Gruden.
They said they think that Peyton may have kind of made a deal with Mr.Haslam. That Mr.H would open his wallet wide to help Peyton land a high profile Coach at Tennessee.
And, Peyton would agree to be Browns GM.

One caller asked why Peyton cares so much who coaches UT? The host said, have you seen the Vols play? He said that Peyton is embarrassed by what’s going on at his Alma Mater and he wants to help his school fix it.
They said they thought UT should try to outbid UCLA for Kelly.

Just another perspective that I thought some of you might find interesting. Now, I’m going to check movie listings for 3:30 today. I don’t think I can watch the carnage and Danielson fawning over Saban all afternoon.

Reactions: 1 person
Thought I’d listen to a little Cleveland sports talk radio and see if the Vols potential coaching search came up.
It did several times in terms of the Browns hoping to get Peyton as their General Manager.
No real talk of Gruden.
They said they think that Peyton may have kind of made a deal with Mr.Haslam. That Mr.H would open his wallet wide to help Peyton land a high profile Coach at Tennessee.

One caller asked why Peyton cares so much who coaches UT? The host said, have you seen the Vols play? He said that Peyton is embarrassed by what’s going on at his Alma Mater and he wants to help his school fix it.

Just another perspective that I thought some of you might find interesting. Now, I’m going to check movie listings for 3:30 today. I don’t think I can watch the carnage and Danielson fawning over Saban all afternoon.

The biggest hurdle will be getting all the fat cats to agree. That hasn’t happened in years and I don’t expect it to happen now. It would be wise for them all to stop talking, and get out of their own way so Tennesseee football can get back to the brand we all love and enjoy.

In reality though they won’t becsuse they all have egos they all will cry like school girls if it doesent work in their favor. (See Charlie Anderson last coaching change). Tennessee will get stuck with another head scratcher and the fans will be made even more unimportant.

Reactions: 2 people
When the story of PM looking to take an ownership interest in a team several weeks ago I felt like some deals were taking place.

Read it again. Hallam said if you'll be the GM for Cleveland I'll open my wallet and hire a big name coach for UT.

The host was very pro Peyton.
Said he really knows the game and would have a great working relationship with players, coaches, and other GMs.
Host and callers thought it was admirable that he would want to help the Vols find a new Coach.

Peyton Doesn't want a coaching job. He wants to be a GM. Smart man.

Would be surprised if that’s the title he would take right out of the box. Maybe a VP with huge say in personnel and operations while he learns.

Assistant to the GM. :)

In a somewhat similar way, Peyton may be serving as kind of an unpaid Assistant Athletic Director to Currie.
At least, I hope he is.
I really hope he is the one to pick and secure our next Coach with Currie, big donors just basically signing off.

The biggest hurdle will be getting all the fat cats to agree. That hasn’t happened in years and I don’t expect it to happen now. It would be wise for them all to stop talking, and get out of their own way so Tennesseee football can get back to the brand we all love and enjoy.

In reality though they won’t becsuse they all have egos they all will cry like school girls if it doesent work in their favor. (See Charlie Anderson last coaching change). Tennessee will get stuck with another head scratcher and the fans will be made even more unimportant.

Haslam would be the only Hurdle. He's the one running everything so this is a very good move by Peyton.

No real talk of Gruden.

I could believe this. Follow in Elway's footsteps

No real talk of Gruden.

Haslam trying to fit PM for Cleveland in like the Broncos did for John Elway.

Hes not the only fat cat with a ego believe me.

Oh I know and didn't mean he was. But he seems to be the one calling the shots and he really has no business doing that. Hell if I was him and as much as I love TN I would give whatever it took to get the best guy available. Could not imagine saying hey let's go cheap and hope it works out. He just needs to stay off the sidelines, write checks when needed and worry about that sorry @$$ NFL team he has up in Cleveland.

Haslam trying to fit PM for Cleveland in like the Broncos did for John Elway.

Only difference is Elway is a lifelong Bronco's legend and Peyton isn't a Cleveland guy. But if he can work out that deal with Haslam I say go for it Peyton. He will be great at anything he does.

VN Store

Back