espn on 3rd Saturday in Oct. / Jones

I do, in the sense of how large the gap still is. I’m not gonna say it’s never been larger because that goes to 2011-2013 imo.

Also, my Bama friends talking crap and I can’t say anything because what they say is exactly what’s going to happen.

Last edited:
We all know we’re going to get creamed.

Literally no confidence against Bama whatsoever.

Good thing I have to work all day cause I won’t be missing nothing.

Yes this is an embarrassing, how far our proud fball program has slipped. The UTAD has been clusterf#ck since Hamilton erred in Hiring Kiffin. If we had only suffered a lame duck 2010, instead of hiring Dooley. Hopefully, Currie is competent enough to end this after the Bama game, thereby help us Vols "heal"... even if it's just an interim...at least the Jones jokes can end.

Yes this is an embarrassing, how far our proud fball program has slipped. The UTAD has been clusterf#ck since Hamilton erred in Hiring Kiffin. If we had only suffered a lame duck 2010, instead of hiring Dooley. Hopefully, Currie is competent enough to end this after the Bama game, thereby help us Vols "heal"... even if it's just an interim...at least the Jones jokes can end.

Kiffin nearly did the unthinkable...

I don’t think it’s the AD as much as it’s the money players throughing thier weight around.

Thank you, Botch Jones, for lowering expectations to the point that just getting buried is a moral victory. Please go away!

My bama friends won't even give me any **** this year. They feel sorry for me lol. This rivalry is dead

We have been wandering the desert since Meyer came to UF. Then came Saban. In CFB your program is your coach. We need a helicopter coach to get the revive the rivalry. Which is a short list. I don't expect them to hire one...I think if we find one it will be dumb luck. Small potatoes coach we who turns out better than planned. Like when FL hired Meyer away from Utah. Just don't hire some guy who's following behind another successful coach. That is we why I would shy away from Norvell. I to think he's a byproduct of Fuentes success there and he lucked up in getting RF.

My bama friends won't even give me any **** this year. They feel sorry for me lol. This rivalry is dead

The rivalry is not dead. Was it dead when we ran off our 10 year streak? No..This rivalry has a history of going in streaks. It's great when you're on the winning side but sux when you aren't. We are going through the same stuff Ala was when we had our streak except they had some years of probation. They were going through Coach's right and left and getting turned down by the first 4-5 guys they offered. What we are going through is no different than what Ala went through, what Auburn went through, what USC went through after Carrol left. Our situation isn't uncommon but it eventually works itself out. We are due to catch a break when it comes to hiring a HC just like Ala did. We eventually will get it right. Damn Ala went through more than we have before they caught their break and got Saban when they went all in on RD 2 of their pursuit of him. A little different situation but Gruden is getting Currie's all in with our RD 2 pursuit of him. Hopefully its our turn to catch a break this time.

We have been wandering the desert since Meyer came to UF. Then came Saban. In CFB your program is your coach. We need a helicopter coach to get the revive the rivalry. Which is a short list. I don't expect them to hire one...I think if we find one it will be dumb luck. Small potatoes coach we who turns out better than planned. Like when FL hired Meyer away from Utah. Just don't hire some guy who's following behind another successful coach. That is we why I would shy away from Norvell. I to think he's a byproduct of Fuentes success there and he lucked up in getting RF.

I absolutely agree about Norvell. He may be a great coach but Justin left him in good shape so we don't know what he can do with his own players. Currie will make this search different than the last 3. Peyton has gotten in Haslam's ear and supposedly asked for help in getting a high profile coach.We will see if it's true that Peyton worked out a deal with Haslam to be his next GM or whatever in exchange for putting up the money to get an established HC this time. We will know soon enough.

First time in many years I have deliberately planned something else to do rather than watch this game. Hard to accept mediocrity. I just don't think the power players will ante up the $$$ to get what the fans want.

FWIW. First time in several years my daughter and I are not scheduling a game to go to this year. I will miss that drive from Memphis to K'ville with the daughter.

The rivalry is not dead. Was it dead when we ran off our 10 year streak? No..This rivalry has a history of going in streaks. It's great when you're on the winning side but sux when you aren't. We are going through the same stuff Ala was when we had our streak except they had some years of probation. They were going through Coach's right and left and getting turned down by the first 4-5 guys they offered. What we are going through is no different than what Ala went through, what Auburn went through, what USC went through after Carrol left. Our situation isn't uncommon but it eventually works itself out. We are due to catch a break when it comes to hiring a HC just like Ala did. We eventually will get it right. Damn Ala went through more than we have before they caught their break and got Saban when they went all in on RD 2 of their pursuit of him. A little different situation but Gruden is getting Currie's all in with our RD 2 pursuit of him. Hopefully its our turn to catch a break this time.

Its dead homie. The other team has to win one every now and then for it to be considered a rivalry

Reactions: 1 person
I absolutely agree about Norvell. He may be a great coach but Justin left him in good shape so we don't know what he can do with his own players. Currie will make this search different than the last 3. Peyton has gotten in Haslam's ear and supposedly asked for help in getting a high profile coach.We will see if it's true that Peyton worked out a deal with Haslam to be his next GM or whatever in exchange for putting up the money to get an established HC this time. We will know soon enough.

Did Manning or Haslem let you know about their conversations? It would really be interesting to know what was said.

Its dead homie. The other team has to win one every now and then for it to be considered a rivalry

Did you miss the part where we won 10 straight? It’s 54-38-7 all time. Are they leading? Sure, but we’ve won our share. Really, Saban is the difference here.

Reactions: 1 person
Did you miss the part where we won 10 straight? It’s 54-38-7 all time. Are they leading? Sure, but we’ve won our share. Really, Saban is the difference here.

Yeah, and he isn't leaving anytime soon. Which means it will be a 20-0 or more run for bama. They aren't excited about the game anymore and neither are we. It's dead

VN Store

Back