If Jim bob cooter wasn't named Jim bob cooter ...

Wrong. The guy's just the OC on a mediocre NFL team.

Despite not being qualified, he's also got baggage that would get rehashed. Remember this?

Former Vol 'Jim Bob' Cooter facing burglary charges

Exactly. The ones wanting him to be our next HC obviously don't remember this or his DUI arrests. TN not pursuing him as HC definitely has nothing to do with his name. A person's name doesn't make them better or make them suck. Some of these posts never ceases to amaze me. That would be like not hiring a coach because he is too damn ugly or too good looking. Not of that factors into coaching hires.

Exactly. The ones wanting him to be our next HC obviously don't remember this or his DUI arrests. TN not pursuing him as HC definitely has nothing to do with his name. A person's name doesn't make them better or make them suck. Some of these posts never ceases to amaze me. That would be like not hiring a coach because he is too damn ugly or too good looking. Not of that factors into coaching hires.

No official records of that, go check with KPD.

Meyer enabled a murderer
Saban stepped over a dude when he went into cardiac arrest and people thought he might die on the floor.
Petrino got... ha we know that story well

It doesn't matter what Jim Bob did as a young, immature kid.

Reactions: 7 people

Meyer enabled a murderer
Saban stepped over a dude when he went into cardiac arrest and people thought he might die on the floor.

Didn't know Saban's legs were long enough to do that. The Bama legend is probably that due to the urgency he stepped on the guy's chest and restarted his heart.

Reactions: 1 person

Meyer enabled a murderer

Not sure where you're looking for info at but here's all you need to know from the KPD. And he wasn't a kid he was in his 20's which makes him a grown a$$ man.

Lions offensive coach Cooter's Tennessee arrest records vanish

Harbaugh had DUI arrest while being coach at Univ. San Diego. Cooter would do well IMO.

Reactions: 4 people
Harbaugh had DUI arrest while being coach at Univ. San Diego. Cooter would do well IMO.

I honestly don't care about the DUI hell anyone who drinks has gotten away with drunk driving at one time or another. God knows ai have been lucky more than my share of times. But breaking into a woman's appt through her window then stripping down and getting in bed with her is a different story.

Reactions: 2 people
With all the ridicule aimed at the southeast by other parts of the country, a name like that is just too good to pass up. You just have to run with it as a big screw you. Besides, imagine being able to say it was a very different kind of year; Jim Bob Corker was out and Jim Bob Cooter was in.

and Peyton mooned a trainer....so are you disavowing him also?

I think mooning a trainer while she is in the players dressing room is a lil different than breaking and entering then stripping down and getting in bed with a woman. I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt that you aren't trying to compare the 2. If you are then damn I can't offer you the help you need for that thought process.One is a felony and one isn't..I'll let you figure out which is which.

Reactions: 3 people
The Vols could use a Knute Neyland or a Robert Rockne or a Bear Lombardi, but JBC ain't it.
This team needs a savior, not a cooter.

Last edited:
Matthew Stafford said JBC saved his career. Enough said.One of Fayetteville Tennessee finest and he bleeds orange!The guy is a very good OC and I hope he does come back to help the program in some capacity.

Reactions: 3 people
JBC was my pop Warner football coach 12-13 years ago. I played with his little brother Jack. Dude made some stupid mistakes but he is honestly a really down to earth, brilliant guy.

I honestly don't care about the DUI hell anyone who drinks has gotten away with drunk driving at one time or another. God knows ai have been lucky more than my share of times. But breaking into a woman's appt through her window then stripping down and getting in bed with her is a different story.

So, you post about his dui a couple times and then you say you don't care about the dui, which is it? You gonna burn him or let it go? Seems odd

Y'all haven't thought this through. Guy in underwear gets in bed with a strange woman and is only charged with attempted burglary? Why not rape? Clearly there was no intent, and the guy simply was in the wrong house i.e. buglary.

Translation: JBC was drunk off his rocker and blacked out. Or took Ambien. Or is a sleep walker. Who knows. If you or your friend have ever pissed in your closet, you know what I'm talking about.

JBC is one of 32 OCs in the NFL. That is remarkable particularly given his age. I guarantee you his employers have looked into this matter before and found it to be a non issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
So, you post about his dui a couple times and then you say you don't care about the dui, which is it? You gonna burn him or let it go? Seems odd

Come on dude you can't just pick out stuff and put words in my mouth. I said he has had a few DUI's but the biggie was the breaking and entering which is a felony. I obviously didn't dumb it down enough for you and that's on me. The page I cut and pasted was an article from Detroit talking about his past arrests. I could edit the article to just highlight the breaking and entering. All I said was we wouldn't hire a guy who A has never been a HC and B that has several arrests including a felony. Did I simplify that enough for you to understand or do you need the Cliff Notes and 3rd grade version? Just lemme know I'm here to make sure you have zero complaints with my posts!

VN Store

Back