Your reaction if we hire a lower tier coach

tennfanatic

I've got to be honest guys, this is the most frustrated I've ever been as a Tennessee fan. We have botched three hires since Fulmer and we've become a lower tier SEC team. With our resources and tradition there is absolutely no excuse for these botched hires. Outside of Bama we are the 2nd most decorated school in the SEC.
All this being said, I don't have much faith in our administration getting this fixed. I feel like Bama, UGA, Auburn, LSU, UF and even South Carolina are more committed to winning football games. Will you still support this team if we hire someone like a Greg Schiono, Mike Bobo, or Scott Frost? I mean I will always be a TN fan until my last breath, but with one more ****ty hire I'm done paying season tickets and donating what little money I have to this administration.

Reactions: 14 people
giphy.gif

Reactions: 2 people
Scott Frost is the next Urban Meyer type guy. He is a fantastic football coach. He is the 1 and only mid major guy I can get behind, the rest are a bunch of turds and I will no longer spend my time or money on TN football

Reactions: 6 people
Same- I will cheer for the Vols to win every game

Not sure what you mean by lower tier coach

Reactions: 1 person
Frost I would be ok with, him and the Purdue coach( name escapes me at the moment), any other lower tier coach and my newborn son will never know I cared about college football.

Reactions: 3 people
I've got to be honest guys, this is the most frustrated I've ever been as a Tennessee fan. We have botched three hires since Fulmer and we've become a lower tier SEC team. With our resources and tradition there is absolutely no excuse for these botched hires. Outside of Bama we are the 2nd most decorated school in the SEC.
All this being said, I don't have much faith in our administration getting this fixed. I feel like Bama, UGA, Auburn, LSU, UF and even South Carolina are more committed to winning football games. Will you still support this team if we hire someone like a Greg Schiono, Mike Bobo, or Scott Frost? I mean I will always be a TN fan until my last breath, but with one more ****ty hire I'm done paying season tickets and donating what little money I have to this administration.

Bruh to be honest it’s locked and sealed , we got Gruden

Reactions: 4 people
Same- I will cheer for the Vols to win every game

Not sure what you mean by lower tier coach

I mean a coach that's not a home run hire. We can't take a chance on a coach that might be promising. We need a 100% sure thing. Hiring someone with a Butch, or Dooley type of resume is gambling and we've shown we aren't good at gambling.

I'm not opposed to a "Lower tier" coach, God knows anything is better than what we have now, however; He must be an asskicking, no BS, Football coach. I don't care if he has cute little answers as pressers, or wears cute little outfits to our games, as long as he knows football, plays to win, coaches our players so they can develop to their full potential, and calls plays that utilize our players strengths, not just those plays- he thinks are great. The right "lower tier" coach, if he is the right guy, will become an SEC coach in one season-as I stated, If he is the right guy. An old fashion, asskicking Football coach is what we've been needing for a while, we've tried the feel-good coaches, the phil Donahue types- are not cut out to win Big Time Football games. I'm willing to stand behind the new guy, and cut him some slack- for a while, but he'd better be getting it done, and I'd make it a contractual obligation that he never says, "Brick by brick", ever again, I've been sick of it for years!!!!:hi:

Reactions: 3 people
I think we are at the point where we have to go get a proven, big time winner to catapult our program to the top. Right now we still have the talent on the roster and some hope, but if we hire a low tier coach and we struggle for the next few years we risk falling back into the same cycle and having another mediocre decade. Ultimately, I do not think it matters the "tier" of the coach, we just need a football guy who can outcoach our competition, understand X's and O's, and develop talent.

I'll do what I've done the last few times we've pulled that crap. I'll be frustrated but I'll get over it. Then I'll give the guy my support until he proves he doesn't deserve it and hope for the best.

Shake my head and wonder what happened to my beloved UT. Wake up the next day, put my big-boy pants on, and cheer for my team.

No I will not back a lower tier coach. I want TN to open the check book and pay 6mil+ for a coach that is known by all (including HS kids). He must be a great X&O guy or a defensive genius. If he is neither of these then he must be like Dabo Swinney and hire people who are smarter than he is.

From one lower tier coach (jones) to another? WTF! Drain the UT swamp! :crazy:

VN Store

Back