Could this work and please the masses?

pricevol5

We miss on tier 1 of coaches available, as we tend to do. Could Currie swing a package of Cutcliffe on a 3 year deal, contingent upon bring in Tee Martin as OC/Head coach-in-waiting.

Before I get flamed, I know there are a lot of moving parts involving, but this roster has a lot of talent for Cut to work with, while Tee gains on the job training.

Keep Gillespie,bring in Matt Lueke to coach OL, get a stud WR coach\recruiter and keep Shoop.

To me this could be the best case scenario if we miss on a rockstar.

GBO! Flame away!

Reactions: 1 person
We miss on tier 1 of coaches available, as we tend to do. Could Currie swing a package of Cutcliffe on a 3 year deal, contingent upon bring in Tee Martin as OC/Head coach-in-waiting.

Before I get flamed, I know there are a lot of moving parts involving, but this roster has a lot of talent for Cut to work with, while Tee gains on the job training.

Keep Gillespie,bring in Matt Lueke to coach OL, get a stud WR coach\recruiter and keep Shoop.

GBO! Flame away!

Better scenario is getting Les Miles with Tee as OC.

Reactions: 4 people
Cutcliffe will retire at Duke. He is very satisfied over in the Triangle. He has also been extremely loyal to his coaches and no one dictates to him his staff members. Next thought?

Reactions: 10 people
Cutcliffe doesn’t offer the long term stability that UT needs and desires.

He’s a solid coach, Duke is perfect for him as they’re happy with a competitive squad and 4 losses or so just rolls off their backs. Sorta like Muschamp is perfect for SC where they are fine with 8-4 every year. That won’t fly at UT.

First things first, Butch needs to go! Given the history of this administration I am not so sure this is going to happen and even if it does it will probably be way too late!

Cutcliffe doesn’t offer the long term stability that UT needs and desires.

He’s a solid coach, Duke is perfect for him as they’re happy with a competitive squad and 4 losses or so just rolls off their backs. Sorta like Muschamp is perfect for SC where they are fine with 8-4 every year. That won’t fly at UT.

I agree, which is why I thought about bringing his former pupil, Tee Martin to gain more seasoning and take over after a 3 or 4 seasons. Butch has left a talented roster for his successor, and Tee, as an ace recruiter, could build his future roster as he saw fit.

Again, just a brainstorm that I think could work if we could pull it off.

Better plan would be to let the two little girls I saw with their mom at the park today while jogging have the gig, and let piglet and Pooh Bear run the offense.

So, we got that going for us.

First things first, Butch needs to go! Given the history of this administration I am not so sure this is going to happen and even if it does it will probably be way too late!

I think there is a scenario where CBJ is HC for 2018. If he wins out, I think he will be here for another year.

How does CBJ keep losing to Muschamp? That's rhetorical. We all know the why, it's the how that makes it interesting.

GBO! Flame away!

That scenario would not end well for UT. I think Tee is more than 5 years away from being ready to be a HC at a power 5 football school. He's not even an elite OC at this point he's got a long way to go. Not sure coaching under Clay Helton is exactly speeding up his development. Their coaching hires have been even more headsratchers than ours. USC is an elite job and they hire former Pete Carrol rejects that were just as much part of their probation problems. Kiffin and Sark in particular. Helton isn't any better than those 2. They should have no problem getting an elite top 5 type coach. And we thought our past AD's were clueless.

I think there is a scenario where CBJ is HC for 2018. If he wins out, I think he will be here for another year.

How does CBJ keep losing to Muschamp? That's rhetorical. We all know the why, it's the how that makes it interesting.

No there is no scenario that has Butch returning next season. Especially since Butch was allowed to resign instead of being fired and a renegotiated buyout. Both parties come out happy. We don't want Butch here and Butch doesn't want to be here either. A win win for all parties involved.

I posted the same thing with Jim Bob. I think Cooter would be better than Tee IMO.

We won't touch Jim Bob as our HC. Been arrested several times for a DUI and breaking into a woman's apartment window and climbing in bed with her. There is no way he will ever be an option as HC. The negative recruiting would be used regularly and would hurt recruiting.

GBO! Flame away!

Well we worked out an actual contract with Gruden so far and finishing the details for his assistants so ... not sure what your worried bout

Nah that issue was resolved this week and that hurdle has been cleared.That chapter is closed Butch resigned and buyout was negotiated almost in half.T he Butch Jones Era at TN is officially unofficially closed. Just a matter of it being made public and when his last game will be. My guess is Ala will be his last one most likely.

No there is no scenario that has Butch returning next season. Especially since Butch was allowed to resign instead of being fired and a renegotiated buyout. Both parties come out happy. We don't want Butch here and Butch doesn't want to be here either. A win win for all parties involved.

My bad. I didn't know it was a done deal.

My bad. I didn't know it was a done deal.

Even Finebaum mentioned it today without going into a lot of details about it. Said he had also heard he was allowed to resign and not be fired if the buyout could be renegotiated. Works out well for UT and Butch and still saves is around 3-4 mill. If Hart or Hamilton had been handling this he would have resigned and given Butch a 2 mill bonus on top of the original buyout.. We definitely have the right guy as our AD finally.

VN Store

Back