What I want for the future of Tennessee football

Tin Man

Dirt's Childhood Playmate
I want a clean program for which wins continue to count - no NCAA infractions. I want the academic performance. I want the grad rates. I want every goldarn thing. I want Tennessee football to be so disciplined that every player embodies the maxims in every play, every goldarn game. I want Tennessee football to lead the conference in fewest penalty yards every year. I want Tennessee football to be so confidently competitive that they have a chance to win as long as there's one second left on the clock. I want the prospect of playing in Neyland to be daunting to visiting teams. I want the prospect of Tennessee coming to play to get their opponents' gander up, every goldarn time. I want the Tennessee National Guard's battle cry to be God, Country, and Volunteers! And, I still want the hordes of traveling Tennessee fans to the affable, free-spending bunch they are now, welcomed by all, and anticipated with glee by chambers of commerce, everywhere.

Give me this, and the victories will be many, the defeats will be few, and the championships will come.

When the time comes to change coaches, I want no deals with the devil. I want Captain America. I want the Archangel Michael. I want Tennessee orange to be held as the true color of righteousness on the gridiron, and I want a leader who is steadfast in that purpose.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
Take a look in the bowl when you stand up from the toilet.

There’s the current and future for TN football without a change.

Reactions: 3 people
I want to win ball games against Alabama, Florida, and Georgia on a consistent basis and I don't care if we have to hire a coach who trips children and doesn't tip his waitress to make it happen

Last edited:
Reactions: 11 people
Just so you know, I had to edit the original text to replace a certain word with "goldarn." No use in offending anyone just to speak your mind freely and clearly.

Reactions: 1 person
Take a look in the bowl when you stand up from the toilet.

There’s the current and future for TN football without a change.

You need to pull the chain on that attitude and outlook. You are pointed straight at doom and damnation, whatever becomes Tennessee football or anyone else.

Reactions: 3 people
I want to win ball games against Alabama, Florida, and Georgia on a consistent basis and I don't care if we have to hire a coach who hates children and doesn't tip his waitress to make it happen

That's how you lose your freedom. Don't compromise your values and ideals, look for them in others. Your penance is to help a child in need and tip a waitress having a bad day.

Is there anyone out their who is not so possessed by cynicism and disappointment that they've the courage to post their hopes? Or, will this thread be rapidly overwhelmed with the same old shizzle dragging down every other thread in the FF?

I want a clean program for which wins continue to count - no NCAA infractions. I want the academic performance. I want the grad rates. I want every goldarn thing. I want Tennessee football to be so disciplined that every player embodies the maxims in every play, every goldarn game. I want Tennessee football to lead the conference in fewest penalty yards every year. I want Tennessee football to be so confidently competitive that they have a chance to win as long as there's one second left on the clock. I want the prospect of playing in Neyland to be daunting to visiting teams. I want the prospect of Tennessee coming to play to get their opponents' gander up, every goldarn time. I want the Tennessee National Guard's battle cry to be God, Country, and Volunteers! And, I still want the hordes of traveling Tennessee fans to the affable, free-spending bunch they are now, welcomed by all, and anticipated with glee by chambers of commerce, everywhere.

Give me this, and the victories will be many, the defeats will be few, and the championships will come.

When the time comes to change coaches, I want no deals with the devil. I want Captain America. I want the Archangel Michael. I want Tennessee orange to be held as the true color of righteousness on the gridiron, and I want a leader who his steadfast in that purpose.

You want us to join the Ivy League. :) Good post TM.

I want Stanford to see Tennessee and desire to be more like the Vols. I want an orange standard that sets the bar for generations. I want Neyland in heaven to believe that the Vols have eclipsed what he began all those decades ago.

Reactions: 2 people
You can have a coach that is pure as the driven snow, turns out high academic-achievers, and doesn't allow money to influence his operation or you can have a coach that wins at a high level year-in and year-out. You cannot have both.

Call it cynical, but that's the nature of college athletics.

You can have a coach that is pure as the driven snow, turns out high academic-achievers, and doesn't allow money to influence his operation or you can have a coach that wins at a high level year-in and year-out. You cannot have both.

Call it cynical, but that's the nature of college athletics.

Posted like a true Bammer.

Your soul doesn't have to follow the deal makers' into the lake of fire. You can survive the coming and going of Saban, remain a true fan of CFB, and be seen as an admirable man by your grandchildren's generation.

Reactions: 4 people
Posted like a true Bammer.

Your soul doesn't have to follow the deal makers' into the lake of fire. You can survive the coming and going of Saban, remain a true fan of CFB, and be seen as an admirable man by your grandchildren's generation.

My salvation isn't determined by my college football rooting interest. Nor is yours.

That being said, you can have purity or you can have victory. Under the current system, they are mutually exclusive.

We already have major improvement in our APR numbers. When Butch was hired, we were really close to losing scholarships due to a poor APR. Butch changed the culture here in Knoxville but that will never be good enough for this fan base.

My hope is that we hire the worst cheater available who can provide huge wins but also bring the NCAA to our door. Then 4 years of major punishment and we start the same process all over again. Fun times are ahead for this fan base.

My salvation isn't determined by my college football rooting interest. Nor is yours.

That being said, you can have purity or you can have victory. Under the current system, they are mutually exclusive.

At this point I'll take impurity. Never heard the ol prayed for a bike and didn't get it so I stole one and asked for forgiveness?

Reactions: 2 people
Is there anyone out their who is not so possessed by cynicism and disappointment that they've the courage to post their hopes? Or, will this thread be rapidly overwhelmed with the same old shizzle dragging down every other thread in the FF?

I have hopes of a brighter future for our team.

VN Store

Back