Alabama should struggle on purposely to help Butch Jones? What?

It's saying Saban should pretend so Tennessee will keep Jones. Did you even read the article?

That article goes on the faulty premise that Saban is afraid of the next coach. Truly elite coaches aren't afraid of competition, they live for it.

Reactions: 6 people
It's sad that something akin to a long message board post after too much PBR now passes for journalism.

Reactions: 2 people
Saban will only struggle with how many points to score against us...
And also how deep into his bench is he going to go....

Reactions: 1 person
Yeah because struggling against an awful team looks great on their resume when it comes time for the playoff selection. They will score as much as they can, as often as they can. It will be ugly.

Also, Mr. Calhoun. I’ve got a message for you. What happens if you really did that, and somehow we get a break with 5seconds left in the game and we are in field goal range, and we kick the winning field goal? Alabama fans are going to come after you with pitchforks, axes, and shovels. It would be my dream to beat them like that though. That would make our year. I wouldn’t care if we lost the rest of our games, this would be a win of the 100 year rivalry to me.😁

I could not even finish reading the article..It so asinine to even assume anything like that..If that was the case then everyone left on our schedule should lose to us to try to keep BJ's job..Really...WTF....

Saban is scared of no one...

Reactions: 2 people
Well! I guess I would care about the rest of the games to win for our players. Knoxville would turn into a frenzy Saturday night if that winning field goal is kicked by our freshman.

Even if Alabama tried, they couldn't keep this game from being a blowout without it being blatantly obvious. I do think we at least score a touchdown this game though.

Last edited:
He's right about one thing. Tennessee would become a force if we made the right coaching hire.

Saban doesn't care if we keep or fire Jones, nor is he too concerned about his replacement. He is on a mission this year to score as many points as possible regardless of who he is playing.

VN Store

Back