To the Pit of Misery!

#1ManningFan

Vol for Life
I started a thread a few weeks ago asking to list your top 3 candidates. Welp I'm seeing ppl throw out names like Chaney, Norvell etc. So it got me thinking...What coach would you be disappointed with if UT hired such and such coach and make you feel like we whiffed (again)? A coach that would make you feel like we were sent to the Pit of Misery! Example: Chaney and Norvell would send me over the ledge into the Pit of Misery!

Somehow I have this feeling that if no one with a track record wants to come on board, Tenn will follow LSU path and hire someone in staff, like Hoke who has HC experience. And if they go in a direction like that I will be floored.

Anyone currently coaching outside of the Power 5...

Any current or former Saban assistant...

Anyone named Mike or Charlie...

Would all send me to the pit of misery

Reactions: 2 people
Mike Bobo.

He's been mentioned in a few articles as a "great candidate for Tennessee." Bobo was a good OC at Georgia, but he's been pretty mediocre as a Head Coach. He took the Colorado State program that Jim McElwain built up and he went 7-6 for two seasons without a single relevant win. He's 5-2 this year and admittedly, probably played Bama closer than we will, but I still would not be happy about hiring another "Georgia guy" with a mediocre track record as a head coach.

Norvell wouldn't be bad, but he's certainly not in my top tier. The dude knows offense. My only concern is that he has run a very pass-heavy offensive style at Memphis. In the SEC, you have to be able to run the ball. Does the Air Raid really work in the SEC? I'm not so sure. Nevertheless, I'd have more faith in Norvell to get this offense going than I do Butch Jones.

Reactions: 2 people
Please clean house!!! Thse guys deserve a break. One year here for some of these assistants, they need to get their resume fixed.

My pit would be Petrino, any up & comer from div 2 (again), and sorry guys but & putting Kelly in here. We can di better than this.

VN Store

Back