Ut section for bama game. Anyone actually going?

JacketVol

Go Vols!
Who is going? Also, did you sell your tickets to Bama or UT fans or give them away or just keeping them but not going? First away SEC game and yes, we got them before the season started. We will be there wearing orange. Just wondering what others who had for tickets were doing considering the circumstances of this season. How are UT fans typically treated in Tuscaloosa? Any suggestions for our first trip are appreciated.

Last edited:
Who is going? Also, did you sell your tickets to Bama or UT fans or give them away or just keeping them but not going? First away SEC game and yes, we got them before the season started? We will be there wearing orange? Just wondering what others who had for tickets were doing considering the circumstances of this season. How are UT fans typically treated in Tuscaloosa? Any suggestions for our first trip are appreciated.

Go to Dreamland BBQ, keep your head down, try to blend in.

Reactions: 2 people
Be watching on TV. Hopefully it is at least a game in the first half. Then our d defense gets tired and well we know what happens then..

Heard hard to get in on gameday to dreamland. Know to respect others just wondered if it was like Florida. Taking my 11 year old.
Watch the ice being thrown on you from behind, if we score, break a long one, or we make a big play on defense. Besides that, it is pretty good. Stay with the Tennessee crown going in and out of the stadium. I’ve been there plenty of times rooting for Tennessee, so yea, just watch your back for ice.

Reactions: 3 people
Watch the ice being thrown on you from behind, if we score, break a long one, or we make a big play on defense. Besides that, it is pretty good. Stay with the Tennessee crown going in and out of the stadium. I’ve been there plenty of times rooting for Tennessee, so yea, just watch your back for ice.
Crowd!

They have us sitting so high up there won't be too many folks behind us. If someone hurts my son, I might not make it back. I might kill someone.

Reactions: 4 people
Who is going? Also, did you sell your tickets to Bama or UT fans or give them away or just keeping them but not going? First away SEC game and yes, we got them before the season started. We will be there wearing orange. Just wondering what others who had for tickets were doing considering the circumstances of this season. How are UT fans typically treated in Tuscaloosa? Any suggestions for our first trip are appreciated.

While Bama fans on the internet and Paul Finebaum can be looney, at games they have been among the classiest we've met.

I'm sure there are exceptions but you likely will have a good experience

Reactions: 5 people

You'll be treated fine. If you get a chance, go to the Bryant Museum. It's on the east side of Bama's campus, across the street from the coliseum. Yes, it celebrates Bama football, but also a lot of SEC stuff in there. Most restaurants around campus, or downtown will be crowded on a game day. Bound to be some Vol fans tailgating near the quad, although it will be hard to find 'em in a sea of Tide tailgaters. Bryant-Denny Stadium is a lot better than it used to be. More of a family atmosphere than it used to be (except near the student section). If you get there early enough, you can get fast food inside the Ferguson student center, which is in walking distance from the stadium. Otherwise, you can try one of several restaurants at Midtown Village on McFarland Blvd on drive in.

Last edited:
Heard hard to get in on gameday to dreamland. Know to respect others just wondered if it was like Florida. Taking my 11 year old.

Our worst experiences have been with Georgia and Florida fans.

LSU fans ( at least in Atlanta in 2001) were rowdy but fun.

My guess is that if the game goes as most expect you'll be treated pretty well.

Reactions: 3 people
They have us sitting so high up there won't be too many folks behind us. If someone hurts my son, I might not make it back. I might kill someone.
Just be careful. Just watch your back, but I think sitting up there will be fine. I’ve always had the lower seats, and ice comes raining down on your head and back.

Reactions: 1 person
Just be careful. Just watch your back, but I think sitting up there will be fine. I’ve always had the lower seats, and ice comes raining down on your head and back.

How long has it been since you’ve been to BDS? I wear orange there several times a year and never have issues.

That stuff is stupid. I do think we give better seats than we should to our visitors. That needs to change.

How long has it been since you’ve been to BDS? I wear orange there several times a year and never have issues.
It has been about 4 years now. Every time I have gone, I’ve had ice thrown at me and others that seats lower than other UT fans.

Me and my wife (Bama fan, I know I know) are going. Bought tickets back in August. Sitting in Bama section but from what I’ve been told I are great seats. They were expensive so I hope they are great lol. I think they are actual chairs rather than bleachers. Been to a whole lot of games at Neyland since the mid 80’s, however only other place I’ve seen a college game is when we’ve played at Vanderbilt. I’m looking forward to it, I will look like a pumpkin in a sea of crimson but I’m alright with that. If anybody has any recommendations or suggestions for our experience down there I’d love to hear em. Go Big Orange!!

Me and my wife (Bama fan, I know I know) are going. Bought tickets back in August. Sitting in Bama section but from what I’ve been told I are great seats. They were expensive so I hope they are great lol. I think they are actual chairs rather than bleachers. Been to a whole lot of games at Neyland since the mid 80’s, however only other place I’ve seen a college game is when we’ve played at Vanderbilt. I’m looking forward to it, I will look like a pumpkin in a sea of crimson but I’m alright with that. If anybody has any recommendations or suggestions for our experience down there I’d love to hear em. Go Big Orange!!

Try to walk the quad, if you strike up conversation there’s lots of people willing to invite you in to their tailgate there. If you go out after the game, avoid the strip. Go downtown or to innis free. If you eat before the game, steamers on the strip has great seafood and, relatively speaking, good priced drinks and is within walking distance from the stadium. There’s plenty of places to grab a quick bite on the strip before the game if you want to be in and out.

Reactions: 1 person
Our worst experiences have been with Georgia and Florida fans.

LSU fans ( at least in Atlanta in 2001) were rowdy but fun.

My guess is that if the game goes as most expect you'll be treated pretty well.

Can confirm, LSU fans are very fun. I've gotten free beers and gumbo multiple times. High quality gumbo, at that.

I will be there with my Bammer husband. We’re in section NN. I suspect this will provide a much more tame BDS crowd than in typical UT-UA games, since the chances of us winning, or even scoring at this point, are slim to none.

VN Store

Back