Helfrich is the one calling it.

Dougie_D

This could be in a chip kelly thread, but the reality it should be a Helfrich thread.

Both Helfrich and Kelly are out of a job. It's clear that Helfrich wants to get the gang back together. It's unclear if they want to pursue college or NFL.

The logical theory is that Helfrich might want to go for NFL and may be getting Chip to call some teams.

People say that Chip is only a west coast guy, but I'm pretty damn sure that Helfrich is an only west coast guy That's why the UCLA scenario makes sense.

Where ever Chip goes, Helfrich will be there. But as we all know, convincing Helfrich to coming to TN wasn't happening.

This could be in a chip kelly thread, but the reality it should be a Helfrich thread.

Both Helfrich and Kelly are out of a job. It's clear that Helfrich wants to get the gang back together. It's unclear if they want to pursue college or NFL.

The logical theory is that Helfrich might want to go for NFL and may be getting Chip to call some teams.

People say that Chip is only a west coast guy, but I'm pretty damn sure that Helfrich is an only west coast guy That's why the UCLA scenario makes sense.

Where ever Chip goes, Helfrich will be there. But as we all know, convincing Helfrich to coming to TN wasn't happening.

Doubt UCLA would hire a guy that got fired from Oregon and couldn't maintain what Belotti and Kelly started. Think Helfrich is better suited as an OC.

Reactions: 1 person

Most of Kelly’s coaching career has been in the eastern US.

Reactions: 4 people
It's not a west coast kinda guy vs east coast thing. There's not that much difference in the game anymore. If anything other than money comes into play, it will be where their family lives/wants to be or "will that nutty fanbase give me enough time to get things going before they turn on me?" . Any coach knows an administration ultimately gives fans what they want when there's a lot of money at stake.

It's not a west coast kinda guy vs east coast thing. There's not that much difference in the game anymore. If anything other than money comes into play, it will be where their family lives/wants to be or "will that nutty fanbase give me enough time to get things going before they turn on me?" . Any coach knows an administration ultimately gives fans what they want when there's a lot of money at stake.

So you'e saying it's an east coast/west coast thing?

Also for the OP, how is it clear Helfrich is calling the shots?

It needs to be a Saban/Harbaugh type hire. (regardless of what we think, the hire was lauded).

Reactions: 2 people
Doubt UCLA would hire a guy that got fired from Oregon and couldn't maintain what Belotti and Kelly started. Think Helfrich is better suited as an OC.

I'm not saying Helfrich is going to UCLA as HC. He's OC where Chip goes. It's gonna be a package type deal.

So you'e saying it's an east coast/west coast thing?

Also for the OP, how is it clear Helfrich is calling the shots?

Not exactly calling the shots per say, but telling Chip "I rather do this than that"..

It's like having a son and you have the opportunity to get him in the door of a company he would rather work for.

Chip is only a West coast guy? The same Chip that coached in Philadelphia and is from New Hampshire?

VN Store

Back