NFL Coaches and Assistants

onevol74

What would be our options with NFL coaches? Some have mentioned Jim Bob Cooter and Jeff Fisher. Are there others? One reason I am interested in NFL coaches is that they might have the confidence to slap Saban around.

IIRC there was an assistant coach that was interested when we hired Butch. His first name was Roman and I am not sure about the last name. Seemed like he was at SF with Harbaugh.

Other possibilities?

What would be our options with NFL coaches? Some have mentioned Jim Bob Cooter and Jeff Fisher. Are there others? One reason I am interested in NFL coaches is that they might have the confidence to slap Saban around.

IIRC there was an assistant coach that was interested when we hired Butch. His first name was Roman and I am not sure about the last name. Seemed like he was at SF with Harbaugh.

Other possibilities?

Greg Roman

Reactions: 1 person

Other possibilities?

Yes...GRUDEN!!!
download.jpg

Last edited:

Other possibilities?

I think Jay Gruden should be considered -- he is on the hot seat at Washington -- is an offensive guy - only makes $5 or $6 M. at Washington -- you would get the benefit of the Gruden name -- I am confident that brother would help brother. Seems like it might be a great fit.

I think Jay Gruden should be considered -- he is on the hot seat at Washington -- is an offensive guy - only makes $5 or $6 M. at Washington -- you would get the benefit of the Gruden name -- I am confident that brother would help brother. Seems like it might be a great fit.

I thought about this earlier. He won championships in the AFL and is very aggressive with the offense. No one can win with the Redskins. That is a poorly managed organization.

Other possibilities?

Rex Ryan for the win.

I'd take it. Maybe even a young NFL OC woulf be nice if they hired some good recruiters.

Other possibilities?

Would take Josh McDaniels in a heartbeat. Wanted him to coach the Titans the last two hires. However, he is head coach in waiting at New England the minute Brady and Bill retire.

Would take Josh McDaniels in a heartbeat. Wanted him to coach the Titans the last two hires. However, he is head coach in waiting at New England the minute Brady and Bill retire.

That would be a stupid move.. Replacing a legend is impossible

He pushed to draft Tebow in the first round for Denver.

I have my reservations about his abilities to evaluate talent.

He pushed to draft Tebow in the first round for Denver.

I have my reservations about his abilities to evaluate talent.

Agreed. He was horrible in Denver. Just don't think he was ready for that job then. He may be better suited now but I don't know.

Andy Reid wants out of KC really bad!
Same for Jack Del Rio...He wants to beat his son in K-Town next season!

Most successful NFL coaches want nothing to with all the red tape, recruiting and restrictions that come an NCAA Team. NFLPA is a pain too but not on the same scale.

That would be soooo Tennessee. Hiring the wrong Gruden.

Tom Landry isn't coaching anywhere.

Yeah I know, but he wouldn't make stupid statements in press conferences.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back