An interesting thought experiment ...

Bob Neyland

"Charge the Checkerboard!
What would happen if for the Bama- UT game only ....

Butch Jones coached the Alabama team and Nick Saban coached the UT team.

I wonder what the outcome might look like.

Thoughts?

Saben probably wins the game by running, JK, TC, and getting Callaway & bird the ball.

Takes jumper off the field.

Butch Jones runs same 3 plays all game.

Reactions: 2 people
Outcome wouldn't change much if at all. Now, if both guys coached each team for an entire offseason, I think Saban and his staff would keep it a little closer, but Jones would still steamroll Tennessee coaching Alabama's players.

Jones would destroy Saban, no kidding. And it wouldn't have much to do with either coach.

Nope. Saban would win easily. Once again.

You must have forgot the fact Tennessee has the 9th most talented roster in the country based on recruiting rankings. If Butch Jones can take top 10 talent and barely beat UMass, I'm sure he can have Alabama playing worse than a SEC team with as much talent as us.

You must have forgot the fact Tennessee has the 9th most talented roster in the country based on recruiting rankings. If Butch Jones can take top 10 talent and barely beat UMass, I'm sure he can have Alabama playing worse than a SEC team with as much talent as us.

I guess you checked yourself out of rehab and started chasing the dragon again. Get out of here with this nonsense. We are not that talented.

Reactions: 2 people
Early on, Butch would win since the players would still have mostly Saban's coaching. As time moves on, Butch's "coaching" will negate the huge talent difference. An example of this is how Holly's teams are getting worse every year she's been the HC (the players had enough of Pat's coaching early on to offset Holly's impact)

Reactions: 1 person
I guess you checked yourself out of rehab and started chasing the dragon again. Get out of here with this nonsense. We are not that talented.

I hate to argue the point (or completely agree with D4H), but how do we know that about this roster? The talent, besides John Kelly, has yet to play to its potential this season. The Vols have top 25 talent at the very least. Much of the talent has yet to be properly utilized.

I hate to argue the point (or completely agree with D4H), but how do we know that about this roster? The talent, besides John Kelly, has yet to play to its potential this season. The Vols have top 25 talent at the very least. Much of the talent has yet to be properly utilized.

Who on our roster that is eligible would sniff the next NFL draft? Off the top of my head I got J. Kelly, Ethan Wolfe, Gaulden, & Robertson.... Who else? I just disagree with D4H that this team is as talented as he says. Star rankings do not determine how talented a player is.

Last edited:
What would happen if for the Bama- UT game only ....

Butch Jones coached the Alabama team and Nick Saban coached the UT team.

I wonder what the outcome might look like.

Thoughts?

All you would see from Butch Jones Is his feet sticking out of that garbage can

we must refer to the chart for the answer...
It says he would still lose by making boneheaded in game decisions...
The player would lose their football ability after listening to all the coach speak about EYE DISCIPLINE, BRICK BY BRICK, AND BEING RESILIENT..OH THEY WOULD BE LIFE CHAMPIONS AND NEED LEADERSHIP REPS , AND FIVE STAR HEARTS..Their minds would explode and forget how to play foosball...:crazy:

It would take more than one game for the house that Saban built to unravel. Jones needs at least a full season to coach them down.

There was an old saying back in the 70s that Bear Bryant could take his team and beat yours, then he could coach your team and beat his. I could see where that could apply to Saban.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back