Please stop calling Tennessee Alabama a rivarly

Who is able to make war with the invincible criminal turds. :shakehead: Very condescending, one more reason to despise that bunch.

If you play the same team every year on the same Saturday in the same month and the teams and fan bases hate each other it is a rivalry.

Reactions: 9 people
They are a rival. Why is this even worth questioning? Is it because they are better than us at football right now?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Ive spent next to no effort discussing or thinking about this game all week.

Times have changed.

"Alabama is the 800-pound elephant in the room. Smokey is a dog with fleas."

Alabama and Tennessee are the 2 winningest programs in the sec of all time and have a long running rivalry. .period we both have shared are ups and downs and rite now we are down but when the right coach gets to UT the sec and Bama better watch out!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
It is a rivalry. It has been a rivalry. It WILL be competitive again very soon. Botch has sucked the life out of a lot of things but this, too, shall pass.

GO BIG ORANGE!

Reactions: 1 person
1995-2001 Vols won 7 straight
1995-2006 Vols won 10 out of 12

It's still a rivalry no matter what the toothless bammers say

Most bama fans don't remember those years because half of their fanbase didn't arrive until 2007

Reactions: 2 people
I've been a 'Bama fan for nearly 60 years. In all those years, the third Saturday in October has been one I've looked forward to or dreaded depending on where 'Bama was in the normal highs and lows that are college athletics.

Listening to some of you makes me think that the past five years have erased all the ones that came before them.

As I told you last year when Tennessee played App State, I'll be around and will pull for UT except on the third Saturday of October. A strong UT makes a stronger SEC.

So, you'd better believe it's a rivalry (not "rivarly", OP). I will enjoy a 'Bama win though not with the same enthusiasm I've enjoyed closer contests. I just don't see UT winning in Tuscaloosa this year.

I understand that you've given up on your coach. I would likely have done the same thing. Just don't give up on the players. They're 18 - 22 year old kids doing what they've been coached to do. I'd bet the majority of them are proud to wear Tennessee orange. Give the kids another shot and all the support you can muster. They're worth it. Tennessee's worth it.

Reactions: 7 people

VN Store

Back