Is this weekend the most sure loss in UT football history?

MWAVolfan

The Vegas line is YUGE and not in a good way if you are a Vols fan. I don't have the betting lines going back for years but I'm curious if you can ever remember a time when UT was a bigger underdog going into a game? Is this the most sure loss UT has ever faced? What games do you remember as being even more dire in terms of our likelyhood to win the game?

2013 at Oregon was a pretty tough line....was around 30...it was the one game in my parlay that week that I lost.

Reactions: 1 person
It was a pretty good spread when we played Miami in the sugar bowl and look how that turned out. Although I'm not holding out the same hope for this one. I back the Vols all the way, but this one don' feel good at all.

You know, there is a lot of crap going on as of late but I personally have not ruled out and will not rule out this game will be worth watching. Tag me how you will but I still want to believe. I also have a good remote with fresh batteries if the channel needs to be changed !

Don't wish injuries by no means but I know how it went when Latimore went down, how Chubbs going down helped.....God forbid Hurts goes down BUT....

Last edited:
You know, there is a lot of crap going on as of late but I personally have not ruled out and will not rule out this game will be worth watching. Tag me how you will but I still want to believe. I also have a good remote with fresh batteries if the channel needs to be changed !

I felt this way last year.

Things with a better chance than us winning this weekend.

Me sleeping with Carrie Underwood.
Hitting the lottery.
World hunger being cured.
The Middle East becoming friendly.
The media telling the truth.
All of us here getting a year paid vacation.
Mosquitos never biting again.
Getting a good night of sleep.

Reactions: 13 people
2009 Florida was a pretty sure loss. That was like "I can't hear you, Rocky Top is playing" game, but we were supposed to get smoked.

There were also some awful games/matchups in 2011 and 2013.

It was a pretty good spread when we played Miami in the sugar bowl and look how that turned out. Although I'm not holding out the same hope for this one. I back the Vols all the way, but this one don' feel good at all.

Just getting to the sugar bowl means you have a chance to win the game.

seems both years we played Oregon (..2010ish?) that we were heavy. heavy dogs

2013 at Oregon was a pretty tough line....was around 30...it was the one game in my parlay that week that I lost.

yeah that was one of them.. but they were heavily favored when they came to neyland, too, i think?

The Vegas line is YUGE and not in a good way if you are a Vols fan. I don't have the betting lines going back for years but I'm curious if you can ever remember a time when UT was a bigger underdog going into a game? Is this the most sure loss UT has ever faced? What games do you remember as being even more dire in terms of our likelyhood to win the game?

The only one I can think of is Oregon in '13.

i dunno, we've had 3-4 other games with BAma over the last 10 years that were as sure a loss, and we've gotten blown out a few times. the spread being what it is, and just the general tenor surrounding the program is low, so it feels pretty low.

the oregon game up there a few years ago didn't feel like there was much of a chance if any.

i think the saddest thing about this conversation is that it's an actual conversation.

Reactions: 1 person
seems both years we played Oregon (..2010ish?) that we were heavy. heavy dogs

UT was only 10.5 underdogs for the 2010 Oregon game.

It was at home of course and they sure competed for the first half before getting run out of the building.

To be fair that was only year 1 of Dooley so most of the public didn't know how big an idiot he was yet. UT was still a household name and got respect.

Last edited:
UT was only 10.5 underdogs for the 2010 Oregon game.

It was at home of course and they sure competed for the first half before getting run out of the building.

To be fair that was only year 1 of Dooley so most of the public didn't know how big an idiot he was yet. UT was still a household name and got respect.
I was there for the 2010 game came a hell of a thunderstorm we were right behind the Oregon bench 17th row, my buddy got on espn twice for dancing in the aisle. When they evacuated the stadium for lightening we were stuck getting out so we just said screw it, by the time we would have gotten inside it had just stopped. One of best times I've ever had at a game

believe the road trip to Oregon for me had the same feel as this Sat. The "I can't even come up with any scenario to keep it competitive game in first half type of situation"

believe the road trip to Oregon for me had the same feel as this Sat. The "I can't even come up with any scenario to keep it competitive game in first half type of situation"
At this point a TD is a win for the good guys smh....jusy threw up in my mouth typing that poop

Yes. That is definitely top 5 all time in terms of hopeless.

GA covered that spread in Neyland. is there really any doubt that Bama could do the same at BD stadium? i think if they don't cover, it's because they take the foot off the gas, in an act of mercy.

VN Store

Back