PSA if traveling through Nashville to the Game

tnbamafan

Doing my part to make sure my Vol friends (coming from North of Nashville) get to T-Town safely and on time, as I left this morning the TDOT signs are saying part of the inner loop in Nashville will be shut down starting Friday night. Just giving you a heads up if coming through Nashville.

Once again I will be in the RV lot with my American Flag, USMC flag and Bama flag. Stop by watch an early game, eat some wings and ribs, sip on a cold one and lets have some fun!

Reactions: 8 people
"PSA if traveling through Nashville to the Game
Doing my part to make sure my Vol friends (coming from North of Nashville) get to T-Town safely and on time, as I left this morning the TDOT signs are saying part of the inner loop in Nashville will be shut down starting Friday night. Just giving you a heads up if coming through Nashville.

Once again I will be in the RV lot with my American Flag, USMC flag and Bama flag. Stop by watch an early game, eat some wings and ribs, sip on a cold one and lets have some fun!"

I would sincerely rather visit with you than spend time with most of the people on this forum right now. Thanks for being a decent and respectful human being. I won't be in Tuscaloosa, but I hope to see you next year in Knoxville.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Of my bucket list items, owning season tickets was on there. Check. Seeing Tennessee play at every stadium in the league was another one. Working on it.Can't make it this year, but I will be sure to look you up when I can manage a trip down to Bama. Thanks for keeping it classy! #GBO

Reactions: 2 people
The work will require a complete closure of I-24 from the I-40 split east of downtown Nashville to the I-65 split north of downtown Nashville. Traffic will be diverted onto I-65 and I-40. During the closures, drivers should expect congestion on the interstates around downtown Nashville, as well as local routes in the East Nashville area.

Once again I will be in the RV lot with my American Flag, USMC flag and Bama flag. Stop by watch an early game, eat some wings and ribs, sip on a cold one and lets have some fun!

TDOT is doing a bridge replacement, if you are heading down from the north, just past trinity lane exit take the 65 split to your right and you can pick up 65-S again in about 4-6 miles and be ok and avoid the TDOT shutdown.

Reactions: 1 person

Correct. They will be doing work on I-24 from Friday night until Monday morning, from the I-24/I-40 split to the I-24/I-60 split.

TDOT is doing a bridge replacement, if you are heading down from the north, just past trinity lane exit take the 65 split to your right and you can pick up 65-S again in about 4-6 miles and be ok and avoid the TDOT shutdown.

Last weekend it was backed up several miles on Saturday. Just giving a heads up

"PSA if traveling through Nashville to the Game

Once again I will be in the RV lot with my American Flag, USMC flag and Bama flag. Stop by watch an early game, eat some wings and ribs, sip on a cold one and lets have some fun!"

I would sincerely rather visit with you than spend time with most of the people on this forum right now. Thanks for being a decent and respectful human being. I won't be in Tuscaloosa, but I hope to see you next year in Knoxville.

I go to the Hill every other year for this game, usually just make a day trip unless we head over the mountains.

Are people actually going?

Brave souls.

They will; two yrs. ago in Tuscalossa I sat next to a lady who said she had only missed 4 UT games since 1968. She said when her Granny died she stopped by the funeral home for a few min.'s on her way to a UT football game.

I am making the drive from Dallas. Sigh.
I wish we had moved on to an interim coach after the UGA game, so there would at least be a little spice to this game.
This is actually my first trip to Tuscaloosa.

Reactions: 1 person
I am making the drive from Dallas. Sigh.
I wish we had moved on to an interim coach after the UGA game, so there would at least be a little spice to this game.
This is actually my first trip to Tuscaloosa.

Not a good time to go to Tuscaloosa

VN Store

Back