Coleman Thomas starting at center

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Maybe I missed the discussion but any thoughts on Thomas starting at center, Robertson moving to guard and Brett Kendrick at tackle?

Reactions: 2 people
Maybe I missed the discussion but any thoughts on Thomas starting at center, Robertson moving to guard and Brett Kendrick at tackle?

My only thoughts at this point have been “what’s the point?”, but I’m jaded anymore. Seriously I like Kendrick at tackle I think. I just hate it’s for Bama

I'm glad Kendrick and Thomas are out of eligibility after this season. :pinch:

Reactions: 8 people
Shoring up the line to get Kelly 30+ touches and beat Bama single handedly?

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEv6iHLNsno[/youtube]

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Shoring up the line to get Kelly 30+ touches and beat Bama single handedly?

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEv6iHLNsno[/youtube]

You'd think with a RB like that we'd run him more on 3rd & 1...

Or perhaps when it's 1st and goal on the 3 yard line, you'd think we'd feed him until he gets in the endzone.

Does Butch really lack that much confidence in our O line? A line with over a hundred starts?

It doesn't matter who plays where or what until they ALL learn the system and execute it at the same time.

Reactions: 1 person
Lol.. Kendrick has concrete shoes.. he simply can’t play T.. Saban will speed rush him every play .. Thinas is weak up from. Has never been able to handle a true NT.. I am sure we will -30 rushing yards.. simply brilliant

If the ball can get to the quarterback with some zip that’s good. Never was a fan of Robertson at center and the cruse of the left handed snap.

Set your 5 and go with it, a concept Lyle just can't grasp. Really doesn't matter at this point. The Titanic reference is spot on..

I'm glad Kendrick and Thomas are out of eligibility after this season. :pinch:

Me too! Kendrick has had 1 penalty and the only one in the line to not give up a sack this year we really need to get rid of him and get another good tackle like Richmond or Hall in there👎.

Stupidity on this board is off the charts👿

Isn’t this the kid we had to move from center last year because he was essentially letting the defense attempt murder in our backfield? Maybe butch is trying to get JG injured ..?

Coleman Thomas has digressed every year he has been here. Our O line is just a huge cluster

Same could be said for a lot of our OL. I remember when Hall and Jack Jones came in against UGA two years ago. They were just nasty. It's indicative of the coaching they've received that they've actually gotten worse.

JG better be working on full speed roll outs, and forget the 3 second clock. He'd better be working on a max two count.

You'd think with a RB like that we'd run him more on 3rd & 1...

Or perhaps when it's 1st and goal on the 3 yard line, you'd think we'd feed him until he gets in the endzone.

Does Butch really lack that much confidence in our O line? A line with over a hundred starts?

You can't have defenders one yard in your back field at the snap, which has happened all too often. The blocking scheme is passive, and olinemen are standing up to catch defenders as opposed to firing forward. UT would be better served to chop block.

You can't have defenders one yard in your back field at the snap, which has happened all too often. The blocking scheme is passive, and olinemen are standing up to catch defenders as opposed to firing forward. UT would be better served to chop block.

It's got to be hard to be an OL in this scheme.

Yeah I really hate the way we pull lineman, I think it must have an impact on their mentality and how they get set - which is, they seem to be more comfortable taking a step back each time to 'set' themselves, as they are already conditioned (by the coaches?) to do that on most plays. Not only is it terrible for run blocking but it's just a terrible mentality to distill in an offensive line. Maybe it's why they've seemingly regressed over their time here.

Hopefully the new HC gets away from this pansy blocking scheme and gets back to hard-nosed football.

VN Store

Back