Media Compensating VolNation

UneducatedGuess

Does it strike anyone as wrong that some folks in the media are using YOUR opinions and YOUR insights to put dollars in THEIR pockets.

Houston Kress, Clay Travis, and several others are using this information DIRECTLY from this website and reporting it on their own.

Yes this website is free, but they are getting PAID for clicks on theirs.

Personally, I find it to be a sham. They are taken advantage of people and they’ve essentially built a business based on your free information. Sure they compile it with a tweet here or there, but that’s it.

Y’all are being taken full advantage of. If I was Boro, Exile, DPO, Ron Swanson, or others I’d demand to be compensated for my information that they are selling for money.

Reactions: 1 person
Does it strike anyone as wrong that some folks in the media are using YOUR opinions and YOUR insights to put dollars in THEIR pockets.

Houston Kress, Clay Travis, and several others are using this information DIRECTLY from this website and reporting it on their own.

Personally, I find it to be a sham. They are taken advantage of people and they’ve essentially built a business based on your free information. Sure they compile it with a tweet here or there, but that’s it.

Y’all are being taken full advantage of. If I was Boro, Exile, DPO, Ron Swanson, or others I’d demand to be compensated for my information that they are selling for money.

Clay Travis hasn't used any info from this site directly. The last thing he shared from here is the poster that was Hurd's Uncle or Aunt or whoever. Houston Kress and Wolken and others are just lazy. Everytime a new thread starts on here, I always see Saturday Down South with a new "insider article" about the next coach.

Reactions: 5 people

Ron pays VQ for his “information”. :)

Every time I get a "like" it adds a quarter to my VN account. At the end of the month I cash it in. It's not very much but every little bit helps.

*If you noticed, every time the like button was disabled, the amount of posters would go do. That's why there were so many complaints when it was unavailable. And now you know, the rest of the story. Good day.

Reactions: 3 people
Seriously though, using the OP's logic, should we be upset that Freak gets compensated for hosting this site? I mean people come here for free to read other's opinions and post their own.

Reactions: 3 people
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountVolcula View Post
Some of us get compensated

You don't?

Yes, Count, but you are paid in pints of blood.
By the way, I’m O Positive that the Grude is coming. soon.

That's good. We'll soon see this as an article: "After KY loss, VOL Fans remain O Positive decision to be made on Halloween"

Seriously though, using the OP's logic, should we be upset that Freak gets compensated for hosting this site? I mean people come here for free to read other's opinions and post their own.

Heck no. It's a whole lot cheaper than going to the movies and more entertaining too.

Just a reminder some of us chose the compensation by amount of likes option. I happened to select that one since it was merit based. Please do not forget to like if so inclined. You do make a difference.

Reactions: 2 people

Freak has to eat. If he can wring a paycheck out of this hot mess, more power to him.

VN Store

Back