This is the family that will pick our next coach

Rasputin_Vol

"Slava Ukraina"
Facing Deshaun Watson: a brutal reminder of Browns' latest NFL Draft whiff

In case the Browns are oblivious to how sensational Watson has played over the past two weeks, they will see him in person when winless Cleveland plays in Houston on Sunday. And the passionate Browns fan base likely will be seething after another loss as they think about the bad decisions to pass on Watson and Wentz.

Not to mention team owner Jimmy Haslam, who has to be wondering once again about his football operations leadership.

Reactions: 6 people
Everyone at Alabama had no faith in hiring a coach before they went and got Saban. I guess people forgot their coaching circus they had before Saban.

I think we are about to have our Alabama moment. We have been down so long. Tried several no-bodies and seen the results they have wrought. And it’s time to go hire a some-body and start winning football games again.

It’s really not that far fetched to look at it that way. Michigan did the same thing. Harbaugh is taking his lumps. But he will ultimately turn Michigan around again. He actually has a YOUNG team lolol. Like half his team are freshman.

Miami recently did the same type deal with Mark Richt after years of being a dumpster fire. Now look at them. Rolling right on through the ACC.

Michigan, Alabama and Miami have had their droughts. Tennessee will come back too. All those schools were down for approx a decade before turning it around as well. We are at our decade mark now. I think everyone involved have seen the results of low tier coaches and now understand its going to take a big name to set the ship straight again.

Reactions: 25 people
Everyone at Alabama had no faith in hiring a coach before they went and got Saban. I guess people forgot their coaching circus they had before Saban.

I think we are about to have our Alabama moment. We have been down so long. Tried several no-bodies and seen the results they have wrought. And it’s time to go hire a some-body and start winning football games again.

It’s really not that far fetched to look at it that way. Michigan did the same thing. Harbaugh is taking his lumps. But he will ultimately turn Michigan around again. He actually has a YOUNG team lolol. Like half his team are freshman.

Miami recently did the same type deal with Mark Richt after years of being a dumpster fire. Now look at them. Rolling right on through the ACC.

Michigan, Alabama and Miami have had their droughts. Tennessee will come back too. All those schools were down for approx a decade before turning it around as well. We are at our decade mark now. I think everyone involved have seen the results of low tier coaches and now understand its going to take a big name to set the ship straight again.

All good points and I really hope you're right

Reactions: 1 person

tenor.gif

Reactions: 9 people

It's amazing how our situation parallels Alabama pre-Saban. Do we finally st tired of being mired in mediocrity and hire our Saban or do we continue to roll the dice and praying we hire the new hot up and comer?

Reactions: 3 people
With the SEC Network deal in place and our record profits we really do not have to depend on Haslem as much as we once did. I don't think he is going to be as much of the deciding factor as he has been in the past.

Reactions: 3 people
It's amazing how our situation parallels Alabama pre-Saban. Do we finally st tired of being mired in mediocrity and hire our Saban or do we continue to roll the dice and praying we hire the new hot up and comer?

rhetorical question:ermm:

The problem with TN is there isn't really a stellar coach with school ties. I mean maybe Tee Martin, but would he take the TN job. And would we want to go that route?

I don't know what ties Bama had with Saban...so maybe that's the route we should take?

But the thing that ALL those coaches have in common is that they have coached or been an OC/DC at Power 5 schools.

The problem with TN is there isn't really a stellar coach with school ties. I mean maybe Tee Martin, but would he take the TN job. And would we want to go that route?

I don't know what ties Bama had with Saban...so maybe that's the route we should take?

But the thing that ALL those coaches have in common is that they have coached or been an OC/DC at Power 5 schools.

Seriously, why wouldn’t you look at Cooter?

Reactions: 1 person

Saban had zero ties with Alabama before coming there iirc. Your last sentence is exactly why Les Miles makes a ton of sense as our next coach.

VN Store

Back