Is Scott Frost a possibility?

Nebraska bound if offered.

he wouldn't want the pressure of his alma matter, and Tennessee is easier to recruit, with better talent close by, stadium, and facilities. yes i know Tennessee is a pressure cooker as well, but its different when its your school. if money is comparable and we want him, he's ours.

Reactions: 7 people
Scott Frost would be an excellent coach and recruiter. I think if John Currie is allowed to make hire, he will put his personal stamp on this hire by choosing an offensive coach like Frost.

Steven M. Sipple: Although it's a bit awkward, Frost discussion will persist | Column | journalstar.com

You can't help but wonder how many athletic directors have Frost in mind at the moment. In that regard, you really have to wonder about Tennessee AD John Currie.

Something Frost told me last year sticks in my mind when his name arises in job speculation. As we talked about why he was so patient in waiting for the right head-coaching job (he turned down multiple offers before taking over at UCF in December 2015), he emphasized the school's strong recruiting base.

"There are recruits everywhere around us," he said. "I knew I wanted to run an offense similar to what we ran at Oregon (an uptempo spread), and I don't think you can do that in a lot of places. In Orlando, we should be able to get the type of players that allow me to run exactly what we were running at Oregon and try to put up the same numbers offensively. That really drew me to this job."

Speed became interwoven in the Oregon brand. He wants the same at Central Florida.

"We're right smack dab in the middle of Florida," Frost said. "Almost every high school in this state is running a version of what we're going to run. Kids are used to playing in it. Kids are going to want to play in our system. There's speed down here everywhere you turn."

Think Scott Frost would rather come to Tennessee than Nebraska. It would be an exciting brand of football.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 people
Hmmm ... anyone w any insight ?

He might be ok, but he doesn't have that great of a body of work to judge--especially in the south. Another one of those west coast Kelly wannabes. He might work out here, but really another crap shoot. We oughta go with Petrino. An offensive genius who could do wonders with Guarantano and future Tennessee recruits.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
he wouldn't want the pressure of his alma matter, and Tennessee is easier to recruit, with better talent close by, stadium, and facilities. yes i know Tennessee is a pressure cooker as well, but its different when its your school. if money is comparable and we want him, he's ours.

Just don’t see it, sorry.

Even if he was to accept the UT job and Nebraska came calling, he’d leave for his Alta matter.

Reactions: 3 people
Scott Frost would be an excellent coach and recruiter. I think if John Currie is allowed to make hire, he will put his personal stamp on this hire by choosing an offensive coach like Frost.

Steven M. Sipple: Although it's a bit awkward, Frost discussion will persist | Column | journalstar.com

You can't help but wonder how many athletic directors have Frost in mind at the moment. In that regard, you really have to wonder about Tennessee AD John Currie.

Something Frost told me last year sticks in my mind when his name arises in job speculation. As we talked about why he was so patient in waiting for the right head-coaching job (he turned down multiple offers before taking over at UCF in December 2015), he emphasized the school's strong recruiting base.

"There are recruits everywhere around us," he said. "I knew I wanted to run an offense similar to what we ran at Oregon (an uptempo spread), and I don't think you can do that in a lot of places. In Orlando, we should be able to get the type of players that allow me to run exactly what we were running at Oregon and try to put up the same numbers offensively. That really drew me to this job."

Speed became interwoven in the Oregon brand. He wants the same at Central Florida.

"We're right smack dab in the middle of Florida," Frost said. "Almost every high school in this state is running a version of what we're going to run. Kids are used to playing in it. Kids are going to want to play in our system. There's speed down here everywhere you turn."

Think Scott Frost would rather come to Tennessee than Nebraska. It would be an exciting brand of football.

I believe you because you're Jeff Gordon

Reactions: 1 person
Look at the money. We will go with a no to low buyout guy. So that excludes Petrino and Brohm. I just don't see us paying Chip $5.5M either. Currie was here for Kiffin, thus he'll shy away from Frost. Les Miles...he couldn't even get Purdue to hire him.

It'll be a Grp5 or a coordinator.

To me it sounds more like he'd rather stay in Orlando.

I hope not. If he is, hopefully UCF will make him an offer he can't refuse or the Huskers will snatch him up.

Frost not in play. Look for another Dooley type hire. Take your top 10, write them off, then go to 11-20 and you’ll find the new HC there.

Someone making ~$900K a year right now, in a mid level conference, with a losing record.

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

Tennessee football.

Frost not in play. Look for another Dooley type hire. Take your top 10, write them off, then go to 11-20 and you’ll find the new HC there.

Someone making ~$900K a year right now, in a mid level conference, with a losing record.

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

Tennessee football.

Jeez, you just depressed the crap out of me. Take a happy pill or something. It'll be ok.

Until the North Koreans bomb us or something like that...lol...

Reactions: 2 people
Hiring Scott Frost would be literally kill off the younger generation fan base. He is not a splash hire and is not in the top 5-6 coaches that are available.

Frost would kill it here. I would prefer a big-time hire like Chip Kelly, Jon Gruden, Gary Patterson or even Bobby Petrino, but Frost is my back-up choice.

The more I kinda step back from the situation, the more I can see a guy like Gary Patterson being a real candidate.

Especially seeing what he’s done with QBs like Boykin and Kenny Hill. Imagine what that man could have done with a players like Dobbs or Kamara with Malone and Jennings running deep. Yikes!

The only problems:

He makes about $4.7 million a year and he’s extended till 2022. He’s been in Fort Worth for 20 years now. He’s only 57. So he’s got probably 8 or so more years in the game.

If you gave him $6+ million a year. That could probably wedge him loose. Who knows. The guy is 151-47 in 20 years there. He’s 9-5 in bowl games. 6 conference titles. Not too shabby at a school like TCU. But that’s also made him basically untouchable there by their AD no matter what he does from here on out. He’s got permanent job security. So who knows really. Would be a massive upgrade over Botch though.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back