I hope and pray

25801VOL

V,B
That the Currie not wanting to "fire" Butch this year and the list of 5 coaches we've contacted isn't at all true info.

Vol fans have paid dearly for 19 years for 2 seasons of revalence. If we don't have a higher self opinion maybe it's time to stop donating and being associated with the UT athletics Dept. We seem determined to compete with U.K., USC and Missouri.

If our boosters, administration and directors think that's what we are then that's what we are.

Reactions: 3 people
Be patient kids. Currie is handling this just fine from a business perspective. Quit kidding yourself about the administration and boosters being complacent. No one is entertained with the product on the field. If Butch is still here come December, then you can flip out.

Reactions: 2 people
I am sure Kelly's agent has/will be contacted.

I think Mullen would be Currie's first choice, but from what I hear FL couldn't get him out of Starkville when they hired Mcelwain. Longshot.

Currie was a Hamilton disciple, rolled the dice with Kiffin. So he might not be adverse Petrino. I just don't think Boosters will have it.

Purdue passed on Les Miles. We will too.

Fuente is at a pretty good job. He's not leaving.

Too soon for Brohm not enough body of work.

I an calling it now...watch for Mike Bobo if we miss out on Kelly. I"d take him before Norvell.

I could live with Schiano if we can't get a high A list guy.

Give me a great defense! It's been a long time coming

I am sure Kelly's agent has/will be contacted.

I think Mullen would be Currie's first choice, but from what I hear FL couldn't get him out of Starkville when they hired Mcelwain. Longshot.

Currie was a Hamilton disciple, rolled the dice with Kiffin. So he might not be adverse Petrino. I just don't think Boosters will have it.

Purdue passed on Les Miles. We will too.

Fuente is at a pretty good job. He's not leaving.

Too soon for Brohm not enough body of work.

I an calling it now...watch for Mike Bobo if we miss out on Kelly. I"d take him before Norvell.

I hope not! We have to knock it out of the park and not hire another "up and comer." Chip Kelly, Chris Petersen, Gary Patterson, are all reasonable hires. Bobo would just be Dooley/Butch 3.0.

Going to hear a lot of BS from now until we have a new coaching staff. I have learned from the LK,DD, and CBJ hires that it will be someone I never thought of. The rest of this are rumors and trolling. I am already seeing an increase in people with "sources" Sources = completed BS probably 99% of the time on here.

Reactions: 2 people
Going to hear a lot of BS from now until we have a new coaching staff. I have learned from the LK,DD, and CBJ hires that it will be someone I never thought of. The rest of this are rumors and trolling. I am already seeing an increase in people with "sources" Sources = completed BS probably 99% of the time on here.
Unfortunately you're probably right. All of our speculation will most likely be wrong and we'll be pissed at the hire that came out of left field,

"Don't panic yet. Stay calm until we know what's going on. Then we'll panic."
-Rodimus Prime

Unfortunately you're probably right. All of our speculation will most likely be wrong and we'll be pissed at the hire that came out of left field,

Not that anyone is mad at him yet, but that's what happened with Currie earlier in the year....

My prayer for Currie ends in " or get off the pot."

If he drags his feet over this decision so long that all the top candidates have been hired by someone else, then the onus is on him.

This season is a complete loss at this point, especially after Saturday.

None of the top HC's are going to leave before end of year.

If that's the case, there is no point in ditching Butch (except out of pure glee) until March 18 and save the million or so ramp down in his buyout. I hate it ... but that's probably going to be the reality.

My prayer for Currie is why did we hire a k-state reject to run a 100 million dollar sports enterprise that has lost all competitiveness. Unless he makes major changes we will dwell at the bottom of our conference. The job is not for the weak minded.

Reactions: 1 person
This season is a complete loss at this point, especially after Saturday.

None of the top HC's are going to leave before end of year.

If that's the case, there is no point in ditching Butch (except out of pure glee) until March 18 and save the million or so ramp down in his buyout. I hate it ... but that's probably going to be the reality.

That’s the worst thing that can happen.

Everything would literally be derailed

That the Currie not wanting to "fire" Butch this year and the list of 5 coaches we've contacted isn't at all true info.

Vol fans have paid dearly for 19 years for 2 seasons of revalence. If we don't have a higher self opinion maybe it's time to stop donating and being associated with the UT athletics Dept. We seem determined to compete with U.K., USC and Missouri.

If our boosters, administration and directors think that's what we are then that's what we are.

What list of 5 coaches are you referring to?

Be patient kids. Currie is handling this just fine from a business perspective. Quit kidding yourself about the administration and boosters being complacent. No one is entertained with the product on the field. If Butch is still here come December, then you can flip out.

I wanted Jones gone after Georgia because the team had a bye week to absorb the emotion and get back to work under an interim coach. We know that didn't happen.

Now I want him gone after Alabama for much of the same reasons spoken on this thread. Why put an interim through that beat down in his first game?

Now we are speculating that it may be after Kentucky. I see no sense in that personally. That game might be winnable if the team has a leader they believe in. I don't see it frankly with Jones at the helm because I believe he has lost a good % of this team and will lose the rest after the Bama beat down. Still, I could live with a loss to an improved KY team FOR ONE YEAR ONLY.

If he loses to both Bama (assured beat down) and Kentucky, but is still coaching Southern Miss at homecoming, I'm then doubting Currie's thought process. We could be talking actual attendance numbers comparable to Dooley's last homecoming game coached at UT. :mf_surrender::no:

Guys, I'm just going to repeat what I said a few days ago: Be. Patient. Currie is working. This process is playing itself out. It isn't like he's just sitting in his posh office twiddling his thumbs or playing solitaire. Butch Jones was never going to be fired after Georgia, or after South Carolina, and unless there's something going on behind the scenes that causes things to blow up, he isn't going to be fired after Alabama. That isn't the way these things work in college football. This isn't the NFL! The way LSU handled Les Miles' firing is an exception to the rule, and we all see how well that turned out for Joe Alleva. Do you really want an interim coach winning over the team and some fans? Because, trust me, there are a couple of coaches on this staff who desperately want the HC title, came here because they saw an opportunity to get it, and I think we can all agree that we don't want anyone on this staff staying on a permanent basis. (Although Shoop might ultimately pan out as a DC.)

Edit: Don't get me wrong, I would like for the deed to have already been done, just to see how this team would respond against Alabama and Kentucky. It just isn't something that was going to happen. Let's also not forget that every week Jones' termination is delayed buys the university some of the buyout money back...to the tune of hundreds of thousands of dollars over the course of a single football season.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back