when is taylor suspension lifted?

njvols

Obviously, (fight) was deemed serious enough to suspend. But, it's Bama week, where Saban is famous for "community service and internal punishments". Don't know if there's more to it, but seems to me, we need every able bodied player, especially starters, to be available this Saturday?

From press conference today: Status of Darrell Taylor? “He’s still suspended at this time. He still has some things he needs to work on.”

I think he has a list of Adam Sandler movies he has to watch before reinstatement.

Reinstatement or not, the outcome will be the same. One player is not going to carry the Vols to Victory, but one coach has carried us to defeat.

Reactions: 3 people
Obviously, (fight) was deemed serious enough to suspend. But, it's Bama week, where Saban is famous for "community service and internal punishments". Don't know if there's more to it, but seems to me, we need every able bodied player, especially starters, to be available this Saturday?

From press conference today: Status of Darrell Taylor? “He’s still suspended at this time. He still has some things he needs to work on.”

It's an internal solution. I would like to think there is enough for him to do to lift the suspension before the trip to Gumpaloosa.

tumblr_inline_n0bqbayEwu1r7blwi.gif

Reactions: 1 person
If Butch's control of the team wasn't being questioned he would have sat out 1 game.

Very rarely, if ever, do you hear about a college football player getting kicked off the team for 1 practice fight.

Some guys just get fired up in the heat of battle. Look at guys like Albert Haynesworth, Bill Romanowski, N'Domukong Suh, and Lawrence Taylor.

We have a coach DESPERATELY trying to prove to everyone that he's in control of his program. This is the sad outcome of Butch trying to make an example out of a guy as a way to keep outsiders from questioning his control over the players.

Last edited:
If Butch's control of the team wasn't being questioned he would have sat out 1 game.

Very rarely, if ever, do you hear about a college football player getting kicked off the team for 1 practice fight.

Some guys just get fired up in the heat of battle. Look at guys like Albert Haynesworth, Bill Romanowski, N'Domukong Suh, and Lawrence Taylor.

We have a coach DESPERATELY trying to prove to everyone that he's in control of his program. This is the sad outcome of Butch trying to make an example out of a guy as a way to keep outsiders from questioning his control over the players.

I understand what you are saying, but we don't know about any other circumstances involved in this case. There may be some other factors at play here.

He did kick a teammate in the face while he was down..... that's a little more than a typical practice fight. ..... the typical practice fight doesn't require stitches and a huge facial bandage.

Reactions: 2 people
CBJ is catholic (not exactly a southern denomination) Taylor has to say three hail marys and undergo self flagellation and shower time doesn't count.

hopefully never

I'm sorry I don't care how talented he is. dude has no self control if he kicked a teammate in the face with cleats on...he deserves to finish out his career at d2 level

You were just bashing Franklin in another thread for being trash and then you post this^.......nice one

Great job, Carl!!!! Another great post!!!!!

WOW. You are SOOO good at Volnation!!!!! Hopefully one day I can be like you!!!!!

Hey, I forgot to ask--you like guacamole?

Great job, Carl!!!! Another great post!!!!!

WOW. You are SOOO good at Volnation!!!!! Hopefully one day I can be like you!!!!!

Hey, I forgot to ask--you like guacamole?

Did you get your feelings hurt Indy?..... here's the truth..... you have no chance whatsoever to be anything like me.... I have balls

You were just bashing Franklin in another thread for being trash and then you post this^.......nice one

Really? Covering up a rape is equal to a kid losing his temper? Even the NFL gave Haynesworth a 6 game suspension.

Everything I posted on Franklin is part of the initial vandy (Batey) trial. Read the testimony.

Wouldn't he still have to set out the first half of his next game from being ejected in the second half of the GA game?

Really? Covering up a rape is equal to a kid losing his temper? Even the NFL gave Haynesworth a 6 game suspension.

Everything I posted on Franklin is part of the initial vandy (Batey) trial. Read the testimony.

Every article I've read says the following:

The prosecutor in the criminal case has said that Franklin cooperated with police and "There's no evidence whatsoever where Coach Franklin was involved in any way in the cover-up or has done anything inappropriate."

I read where the defense tried to claim evidence was missing and tried to get a mistrial.....but nothing else.

VN Store

Back