Butch Jones era vs. Derek Dooley era

VolFreakJosh

“Don’t you put that evil on me Ricky Bobby!”
Who would go down as UT’s worst hire?

Dooley’s teams was actually able to move the ball on offense and score touchdowns but the defense was horrendous.

However, Butch’s teams doesn’t have a balance offense that can score TDs but the defense is average. (Not great) Just imagine how last year would have turnt out if we didn’t have Dobbs to make plays with his legs?

We might have had an losing record with 6 NFL Draft picks... Let that sink in for a minute.

My personal opinion, I think both hires are about even. Both have no business coaching in the SEC.

What do you think?

Dooley’s teams was actually able to move the ball on offense and score touchdowns but the defense was horrendous.

However, Butch’s teams doesn’t have a balance offense that can score TDs but the defense is average. (Not great) Just imagine how last year would have turnt out if we didn’t have Dobbs to make plays with his legs?

We might have had an losing record with 6 NFL Draft picks... Let that sink in for a minute.

My personal opinion, I think both hires are about even. Both have no business coaching in the SEC.

What do you think?

Dooley..... and it's not even close between the two.

Reactions: 36 people
This whole thread just makes me hate that little gnome (Mike Hamilton) even more than I did before. He could not have destroyed the Tennessee Athletic Dept more if that had been his main goal. What a loser!

Reactions: 6 people
Dooley was a failure of Epic proportions. There was never a bright spot during his entire tenure. At least Butch had a moment or two and actually recruited.

Reactions: 4 people

What do you think?

Imagine how bad any coach would be without players.

This is an interesting thread since the moment Butch arrived threads were started that "Butch gets it!" and every other sunshine pumping episode that sent this place into a frenzy. Remember:

The Volympics
Team 117
Any other cliche...

But we all wanted to buy in and hope he was the one to turn it around. They were gimmicks. Yes, gimmicks works to the tune the players buy in. But you have to win...on the field.

Reactions: 1 person
Dooley...Most Definitely Whooped Butch though...

091411_WEB_d_VolsRogers_t800_h785cce141c9f5e1005c9893a4e56156363b1dca1.jpg

Reactions: 2 people

What do you think?

Dooley was by far the worse hire.

Jones is not good in a myriad of ways, but his hard work in rebuilding the roster and the program in general has made this a much better job than the tire fire he inherited from Dooley. The key now is to not hold on to Sgt Carter too long (as in fire him no later than next Sunday after the Bama massacre) since its clear the program is regressing at the moment.

In their only head-to-head meeting;

Dooley - 45
Butchy - 23

That should have given someone, somewhere, some pause before hiring Butch.

Why is this even a thread ? If you are unable to see the difference then you should move on to a different team. It's not close.

This whole thread just makes me hate that little gnome (Mike Hamilton) even more than I did before. He could not have destroyed the Tennessee Athletic Dept more if that had been his main goal. What a loser!

You are exactly correct. This goes back to that POS Mike Hamilton who ruined every UT athletic program.

VN Store

Back