So...you're a Tennessee player on Saturday...

TAF

Oh Yeah...I mean it!
how much effort/risk of injury do you take for this lame duck coaching staff?

I think we will see "ArmTacklePaLooza"...aka, regular Tennessee Defense

Reactions: 3 people
If you play not to get hurt chances are better you will. Also there is something to be said for pride.It will definitely test the pride of this team.

Reactions: 2 people
If I'm a player I give my all.... I do it for my teammates and out of a sense of self-pride.. (if I'm a potential NFL-er I'm also doing it for the film.)

Butch wouldn't cross my mind

Reactions: 13 people

There is no reason not to play hard, if someone is slacking a Bama player will knock them out. This may be a 50-60+ blow out.

Reactions: 1 person
I’d give max effort and probably have my best game of the season because I’d be playing for the name on the back of my jersey instead of the name on the front.

They should not see this as playing for Butch and Co.

This is about playing for the University of Tennessee.

To suggest these young men won't keep fighting insults them and this isn't their fault. I saw a team fighting their tails off for a win last Saturday. Too bad we don't have a lick of creativity in the offense to fool a below average defense.

Reactions: 2 people

We have had "ArmTacklePaLooza" all season. I haven't seen hard tackles and wrapping up all season.

And to clarify--I am not ragging on the players. I am ragging on coaching for not teaching or reinforcing proper fundamentals.

I'm not so sure that more injuries don't occur when a player consciously tries to avoid them?:eek:k:

If you've ever played a sport, you know that the players will play for the University, their teammates, the fans that support them, and yes, they will also play for their coaches---all of them.

While Butch may not be a good game manager and not capable of recognizing how flawed his system is, he does care about the young men in his program. They will play for him.

You have a limited amount of games to put yourself on film to set yourself up for the rest of your career.

It ain’t about a coach
It’s about you
It’s about your team
And it’s about proving you aren’t what they say you are

They're gonna just roll over and take it dry..... wtf kind of question is this? They're competitors not TAFs

Player.....I signed to represent The University of Tennessee.

Sure...sure...sure...

I guess you ladies weren’t around for Kentucky 2011? Let me hear how THAT Tennessee Volunteer Football Team “gave their all for Tennessee” that day?

To act like such a thing can’t happen...not happen @Tennessee...WATCH that game again!

Just sayin!

Last edited:
These kids are competitors. I doubt they plan to go in there lay down for Bama. They might not have a choice about taking on one the chin but nobody who plays football plays to just show up regardless of the coach.

Last edited:

you must have never played football. and if you did probably weren't to successful with that thought process. honestly if im a player that doesn't even cross my mind. I play for my teammates ad brothers and if not that in my own pride. evreytime you put on a helmet if your not ready to give your all why even play

If you think Nigel Warrior, Kyle Phillips, and TY chandler are going to let bama run them over you're out of your damn mind. This will be a battle between the two best programs in SEC history.

VN Store

Back