Butch nailed it today.

Unconditional Surrender

"I thought we played our style of football against South Carolina."

Spot on, IMO.

edit: after reviewing the press conference, it appears that Butch was only referencing the first half. Apologies for lack of context. Admittedly, I got the quote from elsewhere and didn't review the press conference tape.

Last edited:
Reactions: 29 people
It may just be me being a nega Vol and Butch hater but I am going to throw it out that inept offense and a defense that folds at the most inopportune times shouldn't really be the style we are going for.

Reactions: 2 people
If "our style of football" is being on the short end of the scoreboard at 00:00, he's absolutely right.

Reactions: 1 person
A man who has checked out, ladies and gentlemen. Time to troll the fan base. I hope he says something about planning to get the backups in by the 3rd quarter against Alabama.

Reactions: 2 people
"I thought we played our style of football against South Carolina."

Spot on, IMO.

I agree. Our style is to kick field goals in the Red Zone, make sure our defensive line is dead-tired in the 4th Quarter, and, most importantly this:

When the game is on the line, and you need a score, identify who your playmakers are, and use them as decoys.

Reactions: 3 people
I think he was talking about the 1st Qtr. We had 135 yards in the 1st Qtr. We need to score TDs against the gumps.

In that case maybe we should try GangNam style. At least it is entertaining.

Not my intent to defend, but this quote is deliberately out of context (in a funny way).

He said first half. Other than red zone (as he also said), he's right that we did well in the first half.

I disagree on Jones's assessment of the second half. It wasn't "execution" it was getting beat at the line on both sides. (Unless you count that as execution, but most differentiate execution from physicality.)

Just doing this from memory:
Yes, he had a rebuild to do but his record is:
- 0 - 4 vs. Bama with one competitive game, will be 0 - 5 after Saturday.
- 0 - 4 vs. Auburn, Ole Miss, Arkansas, Texas A&M and likely 0 - 5 after LSU.
- 1 - 4 vs. Florida and a good coach would be riding a 4 game win streak.
- 2 - 3 vs. Georgia and he has now fallen way behind.
- 2 - 3 vs. Carolina (that tells you all you need to know) and has never beaten Muschamp.
- 2 - 2 vs. Missouri and freakin Vandy and does anybody see him beating either team this year?
- 4 - 0 vs. Kentucky and that will come to a grinding halt in a few weeks.

The next coach has got to restore this program to respectability. Jones failed miserably.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back