Just curious

orangetaz

Say we get a new coach. How long would you give him to turn things wround before you called for his firing?

Whoever we get, their first loss to bama would bring out a few! Jmo

Reactions: 2 people
6 months!! :blink::blink:

picture.php

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
He'll start 6-6 or 7-5 and everyone will say wait until he recruits his players. Bet!!

Reactions: 4 people
Say we get a new coach. How long would you give him to turn things wround before you called for his firing?

Well, since Butch Jones "has done so much to bring Tennessee back to relevance" as many here claim, then I'd expect an SEC championship in no less than 2 years, don't you agree?

Reactions: 4 people
With the talent on this team. SECe at least in 2018. Then playoffs in 2019 a NC by 2020. Anything sooner than that would be exceeding expectations.

It's gump week.

Beat the gumps!

Less than we've given Butch....

It takes less than 5 seasons to figure out if someone can outcoach another college coach....

I've yet to see it...

Depends.

Gruden would get indefinite time.

Chip Kelly five or six seasons.

Patterson, Leach, Petrino, and maybe a few others four seasons.

Anyone else three seasons, maybe less.

Reactions: 3 people
About long enough to figure out if the players on the field are being held back by the coaching. If you're outmanned that's one thing. Play calling, misuse of timeouts, horrible in game decisions. All those things show up fairly quick.. Been that way for 5 years running under Jones. The recruiting classes he brought in bought him this much time.

Depends on what kind of progress he makes.

I wouldn't expect him to make the playoffs in his first year, but I would expect steady improvement year after year.

The moment you start regressing, the clock starts ticking. Regress 2 years in a row and you're done, which is about where we are now.

Well the roster is a lot better....a very good coach can win 9-10 games with this roster. It's up to the $ ppl

How about by the fifth season if it's obvious he's full of bovine excrement and the team is regressing.
Players are transferring to others schools and shining, we ask him to leave.

That's long enough in my book and others as well.

I'll be calling for a new AD in 3 if the next coach is a bust. Maybe sooner, depending on how bad of a hire it is.

The talent is on the roster to win now. We'll know by the end of season one if we made the right hire.

Really? You really think the talent on this roster is ready to compete for championships?

Offensive line is just that. Offensive. Trey Smith is the only one on that line athletic and strong enough to play in the SEC. It is horrible.

The only wide receiver in the program who has proven that he can get open and/or catch the ball is injured. Add to that, Jennings is probably the best fit to play QB if the new coach (Heaven forbid) wants to run the spread.

There is not a shut down corner, an SEC level linebacker, and Nigel Warrior is the only safety athletic enough to play in the SEC and he needs to put on some weight. Plus there is not a speed rusher on the entire team.

This roster is devoid of play makers with the exception of Kelly and the OL is suspect as it is, and the passing game is not enough to scare anyone either. So, it's hard to get Kelly into the second level.

This roster has less proven talent than it did when Butch got here.

Not counting the remainder of this season, 5 to 7 years depending on who it is, how they do, and if we have a plan in place for the next person (coach in waiting, etc).

Year 0...... I kid, 3 to 4 years if enough to figure out if the coach gets it.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

VN Store

Back