Basilio saying CBJ’s people working on buyout

Vfl2407

TIFWIW....I know many of you hate Basilio and ignore anything he says...so, for those of you...stop reading now.

For the curious, he said this morning 10/16 that his sources, unnamed of course, tell him that Butchs family and friends have convinced him the environment in Knoxville is just too toxic and he should get out as soon as possible.
His agent and attorney are supposedly meeting with Currie on the financials and Butch will resign after the Bama or Kentucky game when it’s all ironed out.

* not my words. - Basilios words.

Reactions: 48 people
TIFWIW....I know many of you hate Basilio and ignore anything he says...so, for those of you...stop reading now.

For the curious, he said this morning 10/16 that his sources, unnamed of course, tell him that Butchs family and friends have convinced him the environment in Knoxville is just too toxic and he should get out as soon as possible.
His agent and attorney are supposedly meeting with Currie on the financials and Butch will resign after the Bama or Kentucky game when uts all ironed out.

I was wondering how longit would take for this to come out.

I actually think he has already resigned. He will still get part of his buy out though

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people

His agent and attorney are supposedly meeting with Currie on the financials and Butch will resign after the Bama or Kentucky game when it’s all ironed out.

The only thing toxic in Knoxville is the coaching.

Reactions: 61 people
Call me obtuse, but I don't understand negotiating the buyout. I thought the contract language was pretty cut and dry.

Maybe its just negotiating the timing of the announcement and cash flow... but the amount is set, right?

Reactions: 6 people
Call me obtuse, but I don't understand negotiating the buyout. I thought the contract language was pretty cut and dry.

Maybe its just negotiating the timing of the announcement and cash flow... but the amount is set, right?

I would think so.

I have no idea.
I guess anything is negotiable.

Reactions: 1 person
EucIfYY.gif

Reactions: 40 people

Seriously?! After what Jones has schemed up on the field. Do they really expect fans to just say "Golly gee guys, we just didn't have it again today, but hey CBJ, thanks for the effort."

We expect points to be scored around here and getting to the SECC game once in a while. Not the music city bowl....

Reactions: 5 people
why wait until KY? Resigning is the best for all involved...I know it has to be hard on his wife and kids to see him berated the way he is, but he is bull headed. It's a teachable moment for all involved. Hopefully at his next stop, he will be open to change as opposed to sticking with "his" offensive system.

Reactions: 5 people
Reactions: 9 people
If Jones does this, he has pretty much relegated himself to be a mid-major coach for the rest of his career. The environment in Knoxville is no more toxic than it is in Austin, Miami, Tallahassee or Tuscaloosa.

He'd be admitting that he not only doesn't have the skills to coach at a top tier program, but he doesn't have the courage either.

Reactions: 13 people

Most are subject to a settlement agreement that is negotiated once the decision to part company has been made.

If Jones does this, he has pretty much relegated himself to be a mid-major coach for the rest of his career. The environment in Knoxville is no more toxic than it is in Austin, Miami, Tallahassee or Tuscaloosa.

He'd be admitting that he not only doesn't have the skills to coach at a top tier program, but he doesn't have the courage either.

Jones would probably win championships at the FCS level, maybe even some conference championships in non-power 5....He's just not made for the SEC/Big 12/PAC 12, etc

Reactions: 1 person
why wait until KY? Resigning is the best for all involved...I know it has to be hard on his wife and kids to see him berated the way he is, but he is bull headed. It's a teachable moment for all involved. Hopefully at his next stop, he will be open to change as opposed to sticking with "his" offensive system.

Why would he resign and give up 9 million? Butch should force UT to fire him, and I think he is doing a good job of that.

Reactions: 4 people

I would assume he gets a certain amount if he is fired. If he resigns then he wouldn't get the same amount, basically quitting your job and hoping for a severance package. So I'd say he is saying I'll go ahead and resign if I get x amount of money to do so.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back