JG

UTVOLS1614

I just want to start a thread saying im 100% behind JG. i love what he showed out there today even though he wasn't extremely limited by the play calling. I loved the emotion and think hes without a doubt a qb that can bring Tennessee back

Reactions: 20 people
I just want to start a thread saying im 100% behind JG. i love what he showed out there today even though he wasn't extremely limited by the play calling. I loved the emotion and think hes without a doubt a qb that can bring Tennessee back

I thought John Gruden did a fine job in the stands. A little over critical... it's not his job to call the plays, he was just there in the stands as a fan..

Reactions: 8 people

Slow

👏

Reactions: 6 people
He didn't play terribly, but still made some big mistakes. Not fully his fault (on the straight drop backs we didn't block well), but he had issues sensing the pressure and getting rid of the ball timely (he's fortunate to have recovered his fumble). Also, took a sack losing yardage when he should've thrown the ball away. Just a few examples, but hope he learns quickly as we need him

I do want him to play over dormady

Reactions: 6 people
i think JG and Dormady would be very good in better system and better coaching . Both are very raw talent. LOL but neither are very fast or strong runners.

Reactions: 2 people
Who the hell can tell with this coaching staff? Any other staff finds ways to get receivers open, and find ways to get QB a few easy throws. I'm honestly wondering if any QB can be successful throwing the ball in this system. Dobbs opened up a lot of things with his athletic talent and the threat of him running.

Butch is horrible but Larry Scott just straight up sucks. Playcalling is questionable but his situational playcalling is probably the worst in the country. How the hell doss this guy still have a job calling the offense? He consistently puts our guys in situations where the deck is stacked against them to fail.

Reactions: 1 person
i think JG and Dormady would be very good in better system and better coaching . Both are very raw talent. LOL but neither are very fast or strong runners.

This system as you call it produced a lot of yards and points last year. Ig any of our qb's had half of Lamar Jackson's skills, TN would likel only have one loss this year and there would be mo talk of firing CBJ.

I thought John Gruden did a fine job in the stands. A little over critical... it's not his job to call the plays, he was just there in the stands as a fan..

raw

He is the right qb for this system. They should have cut him loose to run more. Made some poor decisions on zone option (maybe told not to run it). His passing abilities are raw. Too slow to pull the trigger.....has to see it open to throw it. Agree w previous poster that he seemed slow when running (caught from behind when scrambling laterally several times); will attribute that to indecision from inexperience

I thought he did really well. We all saw some obvious “rookie” moves. When the game was on the line, he matured quickly. The game almost ended one 1st and goal, but he threw it away at the last second. Correcting his mistake of going out of bounds instead of throwing it away from earlier. He was spot on, with his throws.

It’s understandable that they tried to shrink the playbook for him, but c’mon if you don’t want him to fudge it throwing, you have to run some sweeps with Byrd. 0 touches for Byrd and QD removing Jennings from the passing attack cost us that game. We all know Jennings makes that catch.

Reactions: 3 people
he's a gunslinger man, they wouldn't let him throw down field except that time...

good grief, what are you people watching?

He had multiple (5-10) chances to throw it down field but would never throw it. Held the ball forever at times.

Reactions: 9 people
I have been a staunch supporter of Butch Jones since day one. However, now this game today was the most poorly coached game I have seen in a long time. The play calling on offense was absolutely terrible. Please do not wait......get rid of Jones immediately. He cannot know what he is doing when you are on the one yard line and call a roll out by the quarterback and he drops back 10 yards and throws the ball out of bounds. Sad sad day in my 50 + years of watching Tennessee Football. Exceptionally poor quarterback coaching when it is obvious a mobile quarterback standing in the pocket for 2 or 3 mins looking for a receiver.......at least instruct him to have a moving pocket waiting for lanes to open...........So so obvious this team is hurting for coaching in many many areas. Very elementary coaching , if you want to call it that. With all the talent on this team it is a disgrace to humanity for it to be wasted in this manner.

Reactions: 4 people
I have been a staunch supporter of Butch Jones since day one. However, now this game today was the most poorly coached game I have seen in a long time. The play calling on offense was absolutely terrible. Please do not wait......get rid of Jones immediately. He cannot know what he is doing when you are on the one yard line and call a roll out by the quarterback and he drops back 10 yards and throws the ball out of bounds. Sad sad day in my 50 + years of watching Tennessee Football. Exceptionally poor quarterback coaching when it is obvious a mobile quarterback standing in the pocket for 2 or 3 mins looking for a receiver.......at least instruct him to have a moving pocket waiting for lanes to open...........So so obvious this team is hurting for coaching in many many areas. Very elementary coaching , if you want to call it that. With all the talent on this team it is a disgrace to humanity for it to be wasted in this manner.

I don't get this logic. You've been supporting Butch all this time through all his blunders and now, based off of this one game, you want him gone. Seems like a knee jerk reaction on your part to me.

Either way, welcome aboard the bye bye Botch train.

At least he didn't turn the ball over and gave us a chance to win. Dormady would've had at least 2 picks and possibly a lost fumble. He is extremely careless in his decision making at the QB position.

Your sentiment is more out of hope and optimism, which I can respect. But a major concern for you should be, he looked woefully slower than expected and lacked escapability. When LB’s and DE’s from the other team run you down from behind, that’s a concern if you’re supposed to be “mobile.”

His passing will improve but for those expecting another Josh Dobbs, he’s not even close at this point.

He looked awful 99% of the game

Your sentiment is more out of hope and optimism, which I can respect. But a major concern for you should be, he looked woefully slower than expected and lacked escapability. When LB’s and DE’s from the other team run you down from behind, that’s a concern if you’re supposed to be “mobile.”

His passing will improve but for those expecting another Josh Dobbs, he’s not even close at this point.

might not be dobbs, but at least willing to run and get yards. also didn't turn the ball over. when allowed, didn't throw into coverage. those 3 things right there, along with using his feet to get a few first downs on third down is why he needs to be the starter. playcalling and o-line issues are another thing!

he could've thrown for 300 and 3 scores and some would still say dormady needs to be the starter. out of both qbs that played yesterday, JG had the best stats.

he could've thrown for 300 and 3 scores and some would still say dormady needs to be the starter. out of both qbs that played yesterday, JG had the best stats.

I’ve not seen anybody fighting for Dormady. The first of the year maybe, but not recently.

VN Store

Back