Never hoped for a loss before today

Thunndarr

I'm sitting there watching the end of the game play out and found myself conflicted for the first time. Would have loved a win for the players, but as a fan, I wanted a new coach. And the $#!T show we witnessed as the clock wound down was exactly why we need a new coach. Would have loved a better outcome for the players, but the way the last few plays unfolded were proof that change is needed at the top.

Reactions: 8 people
I'm sitting there watching the end of the game play out and found myself conflicted for the first time. Would have loved a win for the players, but as a fan, I wanted a new coach. And the $#!T show we witnessed as the clock wound down was exactly why we need a new coach. Would have loved a better outcome for the players, but the way the last few plays unfolded were proof that change is needed at the top.

Then YOU are part of the problem. :ermm:

Reactions: 5 people
feel your pain bro, but can't bring myself to hope for a loss...don't care who is coaching...:hi:...:peace2:eek:ut

GO VOLS!

Reactions: 2 people

Sorry you no fan.

Reactions: 3 people
Never hoped for a loss before today.

Didnt hope for a lose today.

Wont hope for a loss for the reason of the season.

Reactions: 1 person
Never hope the Vols lose. Screaming at the TV on that last drive. Alas, Butch's clulesness caught up with us again.

Always hope for a win. I'm more disgusted at the loss than the thought of a coaching change.

Then YOU are part of the problem. :ermm:

Maybe. Here's how I look at it. What do I want? Lots of 10+ win seasons, SEC championships, National titles.

A win today, possibly salvaging the job of a horrible coach isn't going to accomplish that.

A loss today, might lead to the hire of a better coach, leading to better success in the future.

So, I ask you, who's the real fan? The one who wants more success in the future? Or the one who is happy to accept the incredibly inept status quo for now and the future?

Reactions: 7 people
Anyone who has stuck around the past 10 years so and still bleeds orange has earned the right to be called a fan imo. Hoping for a loss in a meaningless game doesn’t change that. If it helps facilitate a coaching change then a loss is better for the future of the program.

I'm as over Butch as anyone, but I can't want the Vols to lose. Just can't do it.

You have to look at the big picture. How ever many losses it takes to get him 🔥 are good losses.,
Should of been fired after the Vandy game last year, and these players wouldn't be going through this humiliation this year.
So if this was what it took to spare them from another year of this then , yes I wanted a loss !

Maybe. Here's how I look at it. What do I want? Lots of 10+ win seasons, SEC championships, National titles.

A win today, possibly salvaging the job of a horrible coach isn't going to accomplish that.

A loss today, might lead to the hire of a better coach, leading to better success in the future.

So, I ask you, who's the real fan? The one who wants more success in the future? Or the one who is happy to accept the incredibly inept status quo for now and the future?

The ones that wants to win now and the future!

I am no Butch supporter but if you was hoping for a loss then your no true fan there for you should find the door .

Reactions: 2 people

Heard this when Fulmer was fired, Kiffin left, and when Dooley was fired. Why do you people think the future is always going to be brighter with a new coach? It hasn't worked out that way. If you want change, that's fine. But root for the players and coaches we have now.

I got no problem with this. Thems that do like to feel better than other people.

Heard this when Fulmer was fired, Kiffin left, and when Dooley was fired. Why do you people think the future is always going to be brighter with a new coach? It hasn't worked out that way. If you want change, that's fine. But root for the players and coaches we have now.

THIS all day.:hi:

It hasn't worked out this way because of horrible decision making by those in charge. One doesn't have to make a home-run hire to improve upon the current situation, one simply has to not make a dumpster-fire caliber hire.

Why don't you take ypur soft a$$ up to John Kelly's face and tell him you were hoping for a loss. I want a new coach now as well, but this is just pathetic.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1472472754761.jpg
    FB_IMG_1472472754761.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 1
Whatever is the quickest way for butch to go. I don't want to ever ever ever see another butch coached game. Ever

The coaches are no good. Ppl spend time and $ and TN should be better than this. Butch has turned this place and fans like you into a MAC program. Fans can feel or choose as they plz

VN Store

Back