Confession...

amarcus07

Up until the Georgia game, I was a CBJ apologist. I've lived with college football coaches before, and I know the work they put in, I know the hours spent watching film, etc....Since CBJ came to Knoxville, I have not criticized him once. There's a reason I'm behind my TV on Saturdays and why he's on the sideline. I'll still never say that a coach is a bad coach. A coach may be coaching at the wrong level or in the wrong conference, but I wouldn't call him a bad coach. I also don't criticize playcalling (as much as possible)...coaching in hindsight is one of the easiest things in the entire world to do.

That being said, I'm done with Butch. For me, it was the spanking we took from UGA and his lack of accountability for what has happened to our program after the last few years.

Props to all of you who saw it way before I did...Now I just hope Butch finds a good team in a lesser conference or maybe at a different level (II,III, NAIA) and wish him success.

Now let's go get Mike Leach and let a pirate right this ship!

:pirate:

Reactions: 8 people
Don't worry. When we hire a new coach everyone will be obsessed with him too.

It's a cycle here on Volnation. The same cycle as:

Sunday: Rage after a loss.
Wednesday: Begin to believe we can beat anyone.
Saturday: we are national champs again
Sunday: Rage

Reactions: 15 people
Up until the Georgia game, I was a CBJ apologist. I've lived with college football coaches before, and I know the work they put in, I know the hours spent watching film, etc....Since CBJ came to Knoxville, I have not criticized him once. There's a reason I'm behind my TV on Saturdays and why he's on the sideline. I'll still never say that a coach is a bad coach. A coach may be coaching at the wrong level or in the wrong conference, but I wouldn't call him a bad coach. I also don't criticize playcalling (as much as possible)...coaching in hindsight is one of the easiest things in the entire world to do.

That being said, I'm done with Butch. For me, it was the spanking we took from UGA and his lack of accountability for what has happened to our program after the last few years.

Props to all of you who saw it way before I did...Now I just hope Butch finds a good team in a lesser conference or maybe at a different level (II,III, NAIA) and wish him success.

You need a Priest, not Volnation.

Reactions: 1 person

Well said. It's time. Butch officially lost me at the Florida game. Leach wouldn't be my first choice, but he's in the top five.

I have no words, up until last year, UT was projecting in the right direction, no more 5,6, 7 win season.......he has one really bad season, and you call yourself an apologist? Please! this is nothing better than what others have said that are not Butch Fans.

Dad? because I dropped the winning TD Pass, does that make be a loser?........Well son, In my eyes, you worked hard, practiced hard, you've caught 100s of passes and scored a bunch of times.......however, do you know what I have to deal with tomorrow from my friends? We might have to move..........This is what abandoning your team and coach sounds like.......we love you when you win, hate you if you lose.........just fricken wow!

Reactions: 2 people
I have no words, up until last year, UT was projecting in the right direction, no more 5,6, 7 win season.......he has one really bad season, and you call yourself an apologist? Please! this is nothing better than what others have said that are not Butch Fans.

Dad? because I dropped the winning TD Pass, does that make be a loser?........Well son, In my eyes, you worked hard, practiced hard, you've caught 100s of passes and scored a bunch of times.......however, do you know what I have to deal with tomorrow from my friends? We might have to move..........This is what abandoning your team and coach sounds like.......we love you when you win, hate you if you lose.........just fricken wow!

Care to give it another shot in English this time?

Reactions: 5 people
Care to give it another shot in English this time?

First, this is blog not a English exam, if I wanted to critique everything I wrote, then I would do it on Word and cut and paste.....but this is a perfect example deflection, which by the way is done pretty frequently on here. So , if you don't have anything to say....then don't. The little brain of yours probably needs a break.........a$$ wipe.

Reactions: 4 people

Somebody is always last to know........

150529155406-facebook-gif-7-custom-1.gif

In the same boat. That Georgia fiasco was the final answer I needed.

Not in the same boat on Leach. Good coach, yes. Bat$#!@ crazy, double yes!! Not the right personality for Tennessee.

VN is for sure at a crossroad. Do we root for L's to cement the departure of CBJ or, hope the best for the team and root for W's? And kind of serious about this because if we some how win another 4-5 games, does the admin give Butch another year?

Do we want Butch to lose???............

Yup, everyone will be trying to find the hat, pullover , pants he wears.
Orange ceramic dogs, bricks, cans etc........

First, this is blog not a English exam, if I wanted to critique everything I wrote, then I would do it on Word and cut and paste.....but this is a perfect example deflection, which by the way is done pretty frequently on here. So , if you don't have anything to say....then don't. The little brain of yours probably needs a break.........a$$ wipe.

Lol

The most honest post I have ever read on this board.

Yeah who'd want Mike Leach and his # 3 passing offense.

392 yards a game of passing offense. Yuck who'd want that. They cant rush though right? Does it really matter when they average 392 passing yards while we average 333.3 total yards of offense?

By the way Leach is doing this with 2 star Luke Falk, a walk on who only had offers from Idaho and Cornell. Theres nfl draft buzz around falk now and he may leave after his junior season. Thats called development.

Yeah mike leach is weird tho.

Tenn fans are just plain dumb sometimes.

You know, your post started out so great and then you had to spoil it with the Leach comment. #NoLikeForYou

I need to put OP on my ignore list because as soon as a new coach is hired he will be on here calling everyone that isn't also cupping the coach's sack a negavol.

Reactions: 5 people

So, in your scenario you are the father and Butch is the son? Or, Butch is the father, his son is on the team, and his co-workers are the fans? At what point in your scenario did someone get paid millions of dollars for not accomplishing his goal? Not trying to beat you up, but the hallmark scenario you just tried to convey is way off.

VN Store

Back