4833 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on What if Bret Bielama was hired at TN?. within the forum Tennessee Vols Football. ...

Go Back   VolNation > >

Old 10-11-2017, 10:08 PM   #1
Glocker_Alum_2005

What if Bret Bielama was hired at TN? What if Bret Bielama was hired at TN? What if Bret Bielama was hired at TN?
What if Bret Bielama was hired at TN? What if Bret Bielama was hired at TN? What if Bret Bielama was hired at TN? What if Bret Bielama was hired at TN?
What if Bret Bielama was hired at TN?

Now with both coaches on the hot seat, what if we'd beat Arkansas to the punch and hired Bret instead. His resume was impressive at Wisconsin. 68-24 record. 3 Rose Bowl appearances. Finalist for COY in 2010. In looking at the he potential candidates to replace CBJ, I would think a coach with a similar Power 5 resume would be a leading candidate. Is Bielama an example of that even if u make a big time hire it doesn't always pan out.
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-11-2017, 10:13 PM   #2
 GAVol 
Super Moderator

What if Bret Bielama was hired at TN? What if Bret Bielama was hired at TN? What if Bret Bielama was hired at TN?
What if Bret Bielama was hired at TN? What if Bret Bielama was hired at TN? What if Bret Bielama was hired at TN? What if Bret Bielama was hired at TN? What if Bret Bielama was hired at TN? What if Bret Bielama was hired at TN? What if Bret Bielama was hired at TN? What if Bret Bielama was hired at TN? What if Bret Bielama was hired at TN?
Alabama had 3 or 4 misses before they got to Saban.
Florida had a miss after both Spurrier and Meyer.
Notre Dame has all the money in the world and God on their side and they keep missing.

It's just an inexact science.
VN Likes: 30
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-11-2017, 10:13 PM   #3
Grudenator

No mattresses within a 50 mile radius of Knoxville would be safe.
VN Likes: 9
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-11-2017, 10:15 PM   #4
GRN1926

What if Bret Bielama was hired at TN? What if Bret Bielama was hired at TN? What if Bret Bielama was hired at TN? What if Bret Bielama was hired at TN? What if Bret Bielama was hired at TN?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAVol View Post
Alabama had 3 or 4 misses before they got to Saban.
Florida had a miss after both Spurrier and Meyer.
Notre Dame has all the money in the world and God on their side and they keep missing.

It's just an inexact science.
Notre Dame is probably the hardest job in the country. High academic standards, demanding boosters not only on wins but in other ways, social challenges at the school for recruits. Money can't fix the problems they face
VN Likes: 2
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-11-2017, 10:19 PM   #5
Glocker_Alum_2005

What if Bret Bielama was hired at TN? What if Bret Bielama was hired at TN? What if Bret Bielama was hired at TN? What if Bret Bielama was hired at TN?
Would TN have won the East w/ Bielama?
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-11-2017, 10:24 PM   #6
Type Orange+

Football

Quote:
... what if we'd beat Arkansas to the punch and hired Bret instead.
We'd have gargantuan offensive linemen and not much else.
VN Likes: 8
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-11-2017, 10:28 PM   #7
Devo182

What if Bret Bielama was hired at TN? What if Bret Bielama was hired at TN?
With that offense I would pull my eyes out. Terribly boring. Give me Paul Johnson before that hogwash.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-11-2017, 10:29 PM   #8
volgrad500

What if Bret Bielama was hired at TN? What if Bret Bielama was hired at TN? What if Bret Bielama was hired at TN? What if Bret Bielama was hired at TN? What if Bret Bielama was hired at TN?
I'd buy a Krispy Kreme
VN Likes: 4
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-11-2017, 10:30 PM   #9
chatt-townVOL
First of his name

What if Bret Bielama was hired at TN? What if Bret Bielama was hired at TN? What if Bret Bielama was hired at TN? What if Bret Bielama was hired at TN? What if Bret Bielama was hired at TN? What if Bret Bielama was hired at TN? What if Bret Bielama was hired at TN?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devo182 View Post
With that offense I would pull my eyes out. Terribly boring. Give me Paul Johnson before that hogwash.
Still beat Butch.....

After losing to Toledo.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-11-2017, 10:39 PM   #10
greenbacknative

Kelly would get 2000 yds rushing.....
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-11-2017, 10:43 PM   #11
fade route
Just being honest

What if Bret Bielama was hired at TN? What if Bret Bielama was hired at TN? What if Bret Bielama was hired at TN? What if Bret Bielama was hired at TN? What if Bret Bielama was hired at TN? What if Bret Bielama was hired at TN?
OP, as someone who lives in Arkansas let me say this as gently as I can: NOPE. I realize that Arkansas may not be the easiest place to recruit, but Beliema’s SEC record is 10-25. Let that sink in a bit
VN Likes: 11
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-11-2017, 10:43 PM   #12
JoAllan

Looks like the Razorback fans are wanting/hoping for :

Bob Stoops
Gary Paterson
MIke Norvil
Craig Bohl.
Mike Leach
Mike Norvell
Gary Patterson
Mike Gundy
Brohm
Justin Fuente
Brent Venables
Chad Morris
PJ Fleck
Bobby Petrino

A lot of the names People here are looking at.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-11-2017, 10:43 PM   #13
BigOrangeMojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glocker_Alum_2005 View Post
Now with both coaches on the hot seat, what if we'd beat Arkansas to the punch and hired Bret instead. His resume was impressive at Wisconsin. 68-24 record. 3 Rose Bowl appearances. Finalist for COY in 2010. In looking at the he potential candidates to replace CBJ, I would think a coach with a similar Power 5 resume would be a leading candidate. Is Bielama an example of that even if u make a big time hire it doesn't always pan out.
No, it proves that most of UW's success is due to the system/style that they play and that style isn't easily transferable to other locations without the athletes needed to run said system. The system matters more than the coach. That's why most coaches there have similar season without the peaks and valleys. See G. Andersen at Oregon State.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-11-2017, 10:48 PM   #14
Frozevol

Please god NO!! Don’t even say that lard bucket’s name and Tennessee in the same sentence. In Madison they hate him like we hate Kiffen. They call him “Bert” because no one wants to say his name. He was able to win only from Alvarez’s shadow. Terrible game manager, huge ego, snipes at the fans. Please kill this thread before I throw up.🤢
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-11-2017, 10:59 PM   #15
Franklin Pierce

What if Bret Bielama was hired at TN? What if Bret Bielama was hired at TN?
These threads get more bizarre by the hour.
Reply With Quote TOP