What if Bret Bielama was hired at TN?

Glocker_Alum_2005

Now with both coaches on the hot seat, what if we'd beat Arkansas to the punch and hired Bret instead. His resume was impressive at Wisconsin. 68-24 record. 3 Rose Bowl appearances. Finalist for COY in 2010. In looking at the he potential candidates to replace CBJ, I would think a coach with a similar Power 5 resume would be a leading candidate. Is Bielama an example of that even if u make a big time hire it doesn't always pan out.

Reactions: 1 person
Alabama had 3 or 4 misses before they got to Saban.
Florida had a miss after both Spurrier and Meyer.
Notre Dame has all the money in the world and God on their side and they keep missing.

It's just an inexact science.

Reactions: 30 people
Alabama had 3 or 4 misses before they got to Saban.
Florida had a miss after both Spurrier and Meyer.
Notre Dame has all the money in the world and God on their side and they keep missing.

It's just an inexact science.

Notre Dame is probably the hardest job in the country. High academic standards, demanding boosters not only on wins but in other ways, social challenges at the school for recruits. Money can't fix the problems they face

Reactions: 2 people
With that offense I would pull my eyes out. Terribly boring. Give me Paul Johnson before that hogwash.

OP, as someone who lives in Arkansas let me say this as gently as I can: NOPE. I realize that Arkansas may not be the easiest place to recruit, but BeliemaÂ’s SEC record is 10-25. Let that sink in a bit

Reactions: 11 people
Looks like the Razorback fans are wanting/hoping for :

Bob Stoops
Gary Paterson
MIke Norvil
Craig Bohl.
Mike Leach
Mike Norvell
Gary Patterson
Mike Gundy
Brohm
Justin Fuente
Brent Venables
Chad Morris
PJ Fleck
Bobby Petrino

A lot of the names People here are looking at.

Now with both coaches on the hot seat, what if we'd beat Arkansas to the punch and hired Bret instead. His resume was impressive at Wisconsin. 68-24 record. 3 Rose Bowl appearances. Finalist for COY in 2010. In looking at the he potential candidates to replace CBJ, I would think a coach with a similar Power 5 resume would be a leading candidate. Is Bielama an example of that even if u make a big time hire it doesn't always pan out.

No, it proves that most of UW's success is due to the system/style that they play and that style isn't easily transferable to other locations without the athletes needed to run said system. The system matters more than the coach. That's why most coaches there have similar season without the peaks and valleys. See G. Andersen at Oregon State.

Please god NO!! DonÂ’t even say that lard bucketÂ’s name and Tennessee in the same sentence. In Madison they hate him like we hate Kiffen. They call him “Bert” because no one wants to say his name. He was able to win only from AlvarezÂ’s shadow. Terrible game manager, huge ego, snipes at the fans. Please kill this thread before I throw up.🤢

Reactions: 4 people
Not saying we should've hired Bielama... point was to highlight that even a perceived great hire doesn't always work. The following year everyone thought that Strong was going to have TX back in Natty in 2yrs. I think most Vol fans, back in December 2012, would have preferred Bielama to Jones.

Bob Stoops
Gary Paterson
MIke Norvil
Craig Bohl.
Mike Leach
Mike Norvell
Gary Patterson
Mike Gundy
Brohm
Justin Fuente
Brent Venables
Chad Morris
PJ Fleck
Bobby Petrino

A general list of all the possible coaches on everyone's wish list...

...without Gruden or Kiffin.

Bob Stoops
Gary Paterson
MIke Norvil
Craig Bohl.
Mike Leach
Mike Norvell
Gary Patterson
Mike Gundy
Brohm
Justin Fuente
Brent Venables
Chad Morris
PJ Fleck
Bobby Petrino

They don't want Gruden? 5 years ago, there were Grumors that Jerry Jones was going to write the big check to get Gruden there instead of Tennessee.

I'd buy a Krispy Kreme
A9cpJujCYAEM_1O.jpg

Reactions: 5 people
His wife can come (zing).

Attachments

• 9A046204-4383-4E2B-BEB1-1E18D72E3969.jpeg
    9A046204-4383-4E2B-BEB1-1E18D72E3969.jpeg
    75.4 KB · Views: 28
A general list of all the possible coaches on everyone's wish list...

...without Gruden or Kiffin.

Yea just showing they were doing pretty much the same thing we were......except (possible or not) most names people were saying were assistants or what people on here had as their tier 2........with some exceptions.

Why on GodÂ’s green earth is this even a thread?

WHY is this guyÂ’s name even spun out there as a possible hire? Like who really surveys the college football landscape and zeros in THAT dudes name as a possible candidate? Lol.

Notre Dame is probably the hardest job in the country. High academic standards, demanding boosters not only on wins but in other ways, social challenges at the school for recruits. Money can't fix the problems they face

Players with fake girlfriends.

Why on GodÂ’s green earth is this even a thread?

WHY is this guyÂ’s name even spun out there as a possible hire? Like who really surveys the college football landscape and zeros in THAT dudes name as a possible candidate? Lol.

He was considered a home run hire for Arkansas when they brought him on.

VN Store

Back