Randy Moss recalls Peyton recruiting him to Tennessee

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Manning to Moss. That would have been something.

[twitter]https://twitter.com/DonteStallworth/status/917066170775293953[/twitter]

Reactions: 13 people
He was an amazing talent, but he had some character issues. Would fit right in on some Fulmer teams lol.

2 Heisman finalists on one team. Would've been amazing. Moss never would've finished at UTK though, he just wasn't mature enough back then.

Reactions: 1 person
One of ESPN's 30 for 30 episodes was about Randy Moss. It was called "RAND UNIVERSITY". It's probably one of my favorite episodes.

Reactions: 5 people
I remember hearing that Keyshawn Johnson wanted to come to UT but Fulmer wouldn’t go near him. He was supposedly driving a very nice Lexus in high school and the coaching staff didn’t want that scrutiny.

Reactions: 5 people
Randy's buddy Sam Singleton telling his story gets me right in the feels every time I've watched it.

Reactions: 2 people
Joey Kent has an interesting story about Moss' visit. Thru guy did nothing but play video games instead of tiring campus etc. LOL.

So I guess he would have chosen TN if his grades were good? No way he "chose" Marshall over us.

So I guess he would have chosen TN if his grades were good? No way he "chose" Marshall over us.

Actually he chose Notre Dame and they reneged after an incident at his school. Then I think he ended up at FSU, but didn't last long for some reason and then went to Marshall.

Reactions: 4 people
Actually he chose Notre Dame and they reneged after an incident at his school. Then I think he ended up at FSU, but didn't last long for some reason and then went to Marshall.

Busted for marijuana while on probation for a previous arrest and conviction.

I remember hearing that Keyshawn Johnson wanted to come to UT but Fulmer wouldn’t go near him. He was supposedly driving a very nice Lexus in high school and the coaching staff didn’t want that scrutiny.

Tennessee definitely wanted Keyshawn Johnson. He just chose to go to USC. Interesting tidbit, Shelly Smith who you know from ESPN, has actually known Keyshawn his entire life. She actually used to babysit him as a child. When he was being recruited out of West Los Angeles College, a community college in LA, she actually tried to talk him in to going to UT. She thought it would be best for him to get away from LA.

Reactions: 2 people

I think his momma told him he got to take 3 visits. He chose OVs to TN, FL, and Notre Dame. He got arrested and most major schools pulled his offer. Marshall gave him a scholarship after his arrest. It's been a while since I've watched "Rand University" but he covers what circumstances happened prior to him playing at Marshall.

Watching now after the UT game.

Kind of hilarious his lawyer admits flat out to “pulling the race card” as a tactic. Then promptly shows people in the streets protesting.

Moss had a charged felony to his credit before ever getting to college. Speaks volumes.

If I had a nickel for every high end ride I saw parked in front of Gibbs Hall back in those days. Scrutiny? Ha!

Tennessee definitely wanted Keyshawn Johnson. He just chose to go to USC. Interesting tidbit, Shelly Smith who you know from ESPN, has actually known Keyshawn his entire life. She actually used to babysit him as a child. When he was being recruited out of West Los Angeles College, a community college in LA, she actually tried to talk him in to going to UT. She thought it would be best for him to get away from LA.

The people I knew back in the day told me a very different story. They said that Keyshawn was suspected of being a drug dealer and our staff wouldn't touch him when they asked around about him. The people that told me worked for the team and one was a coach's son.

Yet he had a great NFL career and was a first ballot hall of famer. Yeah that felony really spoke volumes all right. Lol.

Mixed bag of greatness. Was known to take plays off...sometimes games and got drummed out of Minnesota and Oakland. Never sabotaged his teams tho and that’s why he didn’t get the TO treatment.

VN Store

Back