Charlie Strong

Dudes gonna go 12-0 this year. If he crashes the the top 5 or 6, he’s gonna get offers. Dude got a bad rap at Texas. Walked into a no win situation.

Should have ponied up the money to get him here after he went back to UL. Has a chip on his shoulder with Florida hiring over him because of his wife and can recruit South florida better than anyone. He’s worth a look if we go cheap route (which is likely). Not a top 3 choice but definitely top 5. Especially if he goes 12-0.

Honestly, I see him getting an offer from Ole Miss as his recruiting prowess would be huge for them given the world of hurt their gonna be in.

Reactions: 5 people
How exactly was he in a no win situation at Texas? Serious question, Texas has a ton of money, resources and facilities.

Reactions: 8 people
Dudes gonna go 12-0 this year. If he crashes the the top 5 or 6, he’s gonna get offers. Dude got a bad rap at Texas. Walked into a no win situation.

Should have ponied up the money to get him here after he went back to UL. Has a chip on his shoulder with Florida hiring over him because of his wife and can recruit South florida better than anyone. He’s worth a look if we go cheap route (which is likely). Not a top 3 choice but definitely top 5. Especially if he goes 12-0.

Honestly, I see him getting an offer from Ole Miss as his recruiting prowess would be huge for them given the world of hurt their gonna be in.

UF can have him

Reactions: 5 people
I personally wouldn't want him. I also think he may be best staying in Florida or I could see him going to Kentucky if Stoops gets dumped. We can get better than Charlie Strong.

Reactions: 3 people
UF can have him

UF’s politics would never hire him because of non football related issues, which is total BS. Definitely should have ponied up more money for him instead of letting him stay at UL

he was texas's butch jones....good guy, may work, fixes things but he is not a win everywhere coach

(we will prolly hire worse than him though)

Reactions: 2 people
UF’s politics would never hire him because of non football related issues, which is total BS. Definitely should have ponied up more money for him instead of letting him stay at UL

In today’s atmosphere 50% of the hire is non football related just like any other profession.

Reactions: 3 people
In today’s atmosphere 50% of the hire is non football related just like any other profession.

Marriages aren’t usually the deciding factors. His marriage was a big deal that he got hired over twice at Florida.

If Strong can't win at Texas, there is no way he'd win in the SEC at Tennessee.
I was glad he didn't come the last time and I sure don't want him now.

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back