1603 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on Official Jon Gruden Thread XVII Page 268. within the forum Tennessee Vols Football. ...

Go Back   VolNation > >

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2017, 09:03 PM   #4006
Power T-Rev

Official Jon Gruden Thread XVII Official Jon Gruden Thread XVII Official Jon Gruden Thread XVII
Official Jon Gruden Thread XVII Official Jon Gruden Thread XVII Official Jon Gruden Thread XVII Official Jon Gruden Thread XVII Official Jon Gruden Thread XVII Official Jon Gruden Thread XVII
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDTO View Post
It's amazing the amount of dysfunction in the football program right now. It's bigger than wins and losses now.

Butch is the captain of a defective and sinking boat. All the while saying that everything is ok. He wants to take down everyone with him too
So he's supposed to say the program is on fire and the rest of the season is lost? That makes sense
VN Likes: 2
Old 10-12-2017, 09:04 PM   #4007
Mullet Vol

Official Jon Gruden Thread XVII Official Jon Gruden Thread XVII Official Jon Gruden Thread XVII
Official Jon Gruden Thread XVII Official Jon Gruden Thread XVII Official Jon Gruden Thread XVII Official Jon Gruden Thread XVII Official Jon Gruden Thread XVII Official Jon Gruden Thread XVII Official Jon Gruden Thread XVII Official Jon Gruden Thread XVII Official Jon Gruden Thread XVII
Quote:
It's amazing the amount of dysfunction in the football program right now. It's bigger than wins and losses now.

Butch is the captain of a defective and sinking boat. All the while saying that everything is ok. He wants to take down everyone with him too
It's obvious he wants out. That is why it doesn't matter if he goes 9-3. He wants out and UT wants him gone.
Old 10-12-2017, 09:05 PM   #4008
MountainDooley

Official Jon Gruden Thread XVII Official Jon Gruden Thread XVII Official Jon Gruden Thread XVII Official Jon Gruden Thread XVII Official Jon Gruden Thread XVII Official Jon Gruden Thread XVII Official Jon Gruden Thread XVII Official Jon Gruden Thread XVII
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastypop View Post
I actually like Mark Ricth, this is is a great guy and a fine gettleman, he would be considered in the 2nd tier hire if I were the AD, as he is a good hire but not a great hire...... JMHO

A mutual friend who posts on here brought his name up this evening to me. I said no way he would leave Miami. Then he showed me a picture of an empty stadium for their home opener this season. I agree he is great person and 2nd tier coach but we could and have done a lot worse. He would a home run compared to our last few hires.
Old 10-12-2017, 09:09 PM   #4009
LittleDTO

Official Jon Gruden Thread XVII Official Jon Gruden Thread XVII Official Jon Gruden Thread XVII Official Jon Gruden Thread XVII Official Jon Gruden Thread XVII Official Jon Gruden Thread XVII Official Jon Gruden Thread XVII Official Jon Gruden Thread XVII Official Jon Gruden Thread XVII
Quote:
Originally Posted by Power T-Rev View Post
So he's supposed to say the program is on fire and the rest of the season is lost? That makes sense
I guess lying to the media and blaming everyone for his issues are the answer.

The dude doesn't take responsibility for his crap.
Old 10-12-2017, 09:13 PM   #4010
The Comb
If ya smell

Soon
Old 10-12-2017, 09:15 PM   #4011
Power T-Rev

Official Jon Gruden Thread XVII Official Jon Gruden Thread XVII Official Jon Gruden Thread XVII Official Jon Gruden Thread XVII Official Jon Gruden Thread XVII Official Jon Gruden Thread XVII
Quote:

I couldn't care less about lying to the media. Needs to be better on the field. The rest is irrelevant
VN Likes: 1
Old 10-12-2017, 09:18 PM   #4012
steve328

Official Jon Gruden Thread XVII Official Jon Gruden Thread XVII Official Jon Gruden Thread XVII Official Jon Gruden Thread XVII Official Jon Gruden Thread XVII Official Jon Gruden Thread XVII Official Jon Gruden Thread XVII
Quote:

Just a fan here but I think one of his biggest problems has been in hiring assistants and possibly micromanaging. Had several chances to upgrade the offensive staff but apparently hired his buds instead of getting qualified assistants. That and continually trying to run a pro style quarterback in a dual threat offense. I've just never figured that one out.

I do appreciate what Butch did to get the program back on its feet though. I don't hate him, but his time has come to an end.
Old 10-12-2017, 09:18 PM   #4013
LittleDTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power T-Rev View Post
I couldn't care less about lying to the media. Needs to be better on the field. The rest is irrelevant
It's very relevant. The kids aren't bought into Butch's BS anymore. I
Old 10-12-2017, 09:19 PM   #4014
November Blue

Quote:

Bad caretaker IMO
Old 10-12-2017, 09:20 PM   #4015
Volwark
Volnation Psycho

Official Jon Gruden Thread XVII Official Jon Gruden Thread XVII Official Jon Gruden Thread XVII Official Jon Gruden Thread XVII Official Jon Gruden Thread XVII Official Jon Gruden Thread XVII Official Jon Gruden Thread XVII
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve328 View Post
I do appreciate what Butch did to get the program back on its feet though. I don't hate him, but his time has come to an end.
Same. I appreciate what he's done for us, but he's hit his ceiling. He may have in fact hit his head on it and bounced back down.
VN Likes: 3
Old 10-12-2017, 09:21 PM   #4016
November Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainDooley View Post
A mutual friend who posts on here brought his name up this evening to me. I said no way he would leave Miami. Then he showed me a picture of an empty stadium for their home opener this season. I agree he is great person and 2nd tier coach but we could and have done a lot worse. He would a home run compared to our last few hires.
I wouldn't quit watching in anger. But I wouldn't expect a championship either. I doubt he comes back to the SEC East.
Old 10-12-2017, 09:22 PM   #4017
November Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volwark View Post
Same. I appreciate what he's done for us, but he's hit his ceiling. He may have in fact hit his head on it and bounced back down.
Meh. He did what any couch not named Derek Dooley could do.
Old 10-12-2017, 09:22 PM   #4018
NorCalVol67
Give...Him...6

Official Jon Gruden Thread XVII
I wanted Gruden 5 years ago, hell, I wanted him 8 years ago. I was not around for the OG threads, but if indeed UT backed away from him 5 years ago I am pissed. How good would Year 5 of Gruden look right now.
Old 10-12-2017, 09:22 PM   #4019
VOL_Lyfe
Soon.

Official Jon Gruden Thread XVII
Official Jon Gruden Thread XVII Official Jon Gruden Thread XVII Official Jon Gruden Thread XVII Official Jon Gruden Thread XVII Official Jon Gruden Thread XVII
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volwark View Post

It's almost as if it's made of bricks.
This post on the relative coaching merits, or lack of same, in reference to one (1) Lyle Allen "Butch" Jones, Jr, currently in the fragile employ of the University of Tennessee, (hereafter referred to as "CBJ"), is presented solely for informational and entertainment purposes. While best efforts were made in preparing this post, the author makes no representations or warranties of any kind.
Old 10-12-2017, 09:28 PM   #4020
norriscraftbasser

Official Jon Gruden Thread XVII Official Jon Gruden Thread XVII Official Jon Gruden Thread XVII Official Jon Gruden Thread XVII
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalVol67 View Post
I wanted Gruden 5 years ago, hell, I wanted him 8 years ago. I was not around for the OG threads, but if indeed UT backed away from him 5 years ago I am pissed. How good would Year 5 of Gruden look right now.
You missed one hell of a time,I believe in year five we would have a t least won the east 2 or 3 times. Possibly even a SEC championship and playoff appearance.
Closed Thread