Vegas favorites for the new head coach

BigSteve09

Moran
DLEj3nhV4AArdNl.jpg

Look like a bunch of reaches and names of interest to drive awful bets.

I know I'm in the minority but I still want Mullen. If you can win games at Miss State you can win anywhere. He has done all he can there and the resources he would get here would tap his full potential.

I know I'm in the minority but I still want Mullen. If you can win games at Miss State you can win anywhere. He has done all he can there and the resources he would get here would tap his full potential.

Yeah well, the last two weeks for Daniel have been ugly

Reactions: 2 people
Would not be surprised one bit of Miles gets the job.

I think he would surprise folks here. I really do. His defense would be a vast improvement. I think he could steal Aranda as it would be easier to coach here than LSU in the West.

All he has to do is find the right OC.

Reactions: 1 person
Its gonna be and should be Chip Kelly. He's an elite head coach. He's available. And Tennessee needs to stop taking gambles. They need a proven winner. PERIOD.

Yeah well, the last two weeks for Daniel have been ugly
He has Miss State going to bowls every year and got them to a number 1 ranking a few years back. I never thought I'd live to see the Bulldogs ranked 1 in CFB. His body of work is very impressive.

Last edited:
Its gonna be and should be Chip Kelly. He's an elite head coach. He's available. And Tennessee needs to stop taking gambles. They need a proven winner. PERIOD.
I can get behind Chip but if we're going after a true elite why not back a Wells Fargo truck up to Gary Patterson.

I don't want to piss a lot of people off on here, and there's a big chance that I'm wrong, but am I the only one who thinks that Chip Kelly's claim to fame was Marcus Mariota? Or were all of his offenses really that good? Honestly I had never followed him until Mariota.

I don't want to piss a lot of people off on here, and there's a big chance that I'm wrong, but am I the only one who thinks that Chip Kelly's claim to fame was Marcus Mariota? Or were all of his offenses really that good? Honestly I had never followed him until Mariota.
I'm not as sold on Chip as a lot here are. I think he's a good but not great coach.

Reactions: 2 people
I think he would surprise folks here. I really do. His defense would be a vast improvement. I think he could steal Aranda as it would be easier to coach here than LSU in the West.

All he has to do is find the right OC.

He would definitely be an upgrade, I think Tennessee could do better but I would not be mad if Miles came here.

I don't think these odds are factoring buyouts for these coaches. Some of them are first or second year head coaches with pretty hefty buyouts in their contracts. A lot of money to spend for a gamble on some of these guys.

I'm a little surprised Venables isn't on the list. He will be a HC come next season imo.

he went 10-3, 12-1, 12-2 before Mariota was his starter

also went to the national championship and only lost because of Cam Newton and a freak rolling-missed-tackle that gave Auburn's Dyer (remember him?) a long run to FG range

VN Store

Back