Do whatever it takes to get Gruden !!!! This was embarrassing

I agree. Whether it is Gruden or Chip Kelly, or Bobby Petrino, or Mike Leach...take a blank check and make them say no.

I'd still love to see Gruden here. He's clearly a smart coach, great offensive mind, great QB mind. He relates with kids as he has shown on his QB camp shows. I have to imagine he'd be a great recruiter, the question is whether he'd put in the time? He has connections to build a great staff. He wouldn't coach scared. The booth is always there for him to return to.

Why not make a run at him?

If we're going to talk new coach..lets talk seriously, I think we are beyond the fantasy staff. If this a coaching change isn't a reality after today then we have serious problems with UT administration and I don't believe they will ever do anything to make us an elite program again. We will just be Vandy step child's.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quit being stupid...

There's always a handful of people that say this. It's not stupid. We could pay the same as he's making now. Maybe he doesn't care to work the necessary hours. Or maybe coaching is in his blood and he wants to make another run. But it's worth a call. I remember a coach of years ago cowherd absolutely blasting Michigan for thinking harbaugh would consider the job. And here we are. If I'm curry it's the first call I make. Give him your very best pitch. He's also basically available now. Which would give him a huge head start on next year

I agree. Whether it is Gruden or Chip Kelly, or Bobby Petrino, or Mike Leach...take a blank check and make them say no.

I'd still love to see Gruden here. He's clearly a smart coach, great offensive mind, great QB mind. He relates with kids as he has shown on his QB camp shows. I have to imagine he'd be a great recruiter, the question is whether he'd put in the time? He has connections to build a great staff. He wouldn't coach scared. The booth is always there for him to return to.

Why not make a run at him?
He makes about 9 million a year and he likes what he does.

I don't want none of the above except Gruden and we want get him. So how about Coach Mike Norvell?

He has a contract with ESPN through 2021 I believe. Don't see that happening. We should pray Bobby Petrino is our future HC

The constant calls for Gruden are kinda embarrassing too

Agreed. It really is.

That said, if they go the Satterfield/Brohm type route without at least giving Kelly a call I may just be done with UT football for the foreseeable future.

Why is it Gruden's name always comes up? It's a joke with the rest of the SEC, at least the oppenant fans I know. I don't think Gruden has never and will never have any desire to come to TN to coach.

Is it because his wife was a TN cheerleader?

I'm ready to talk serious coach possibilities, no need in this fantasy stuff now.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Serious question... how does someone with less than 100 posts make a thread?

I could've sworn there was a 100 post minimum?

Heard an interview with Gruden a couple of months ago saying there was no way he could coach at the college level without having the ncaa raining sanctions down on the program within days.

It was fun times but forget about Grumors of Gruden.

saw gruden in the airport. he asked me what the final score was. I told him 41-0. he gave me a thumbs and said help is on the way.

Sad, but CBJ is here for the foreseeable future. We might as well go ahead and accept it. But I agree that Gruden is a non-starter and the constant harping about getting him is embarrassing.

VN Store

Back