The tenure of Butch has likely been shortened.

When do you think Butch will be asked to leave?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Volador

Orange you glad to be a Vol??
Unfortunately, because I like Butch, his continued inability to coach our talented players appears "on the field" looks to be catching up to him.

When do you think Butch will be asked to leave the program?

Reactions: 2 people
Seriously you couldn't post this in any of the 100s of Fire Butch threads, you had to start another one. Nothing to see here same old same old Stuff!

Merge Please

Reactions: 11 people
Seriously you couldn't post this in any of the 100s of Fire Butch threads, you had to start another one. Nothing to see here same old same old Stuff!

Merge Please

Sorry- but really interested to know the temperature of ALL VNers, not just those that speak the loudest.

Heck, everyone might select the fourth option!! Personally, I really want CBJ to succeed.

Reactions: 4 people
hard to say, depending on how we finish. If we play like we have been, I could see it during the season. If we were to beat a few decent teams and win 7 games, maybe after the season (if at all this year)

Merge Please

Hey...we got to vote

It's election time in Tennessee

and my vote is for.......Chip Kelly......crap....this is not a real vote huh.

Reactions: 1 person
Looks like the decision has already been made. CBS sports had article up only 10 minutes after the UMASS game saying that Jones will be coaching for his job on Saturday.

That story had already been written.

Watching Georgia play. Don't look good for Jones

Well documented that i dont think CBJ is a good football coach and really wanted to focus on that alone as my proof that he wouldnt be here long but still acknowledge the positives he has done.

However, it all seems to be crumbling now and things are starting to catch up to him. There is too much smoke on the behind the scenes stuff. And CBJs comments will stir a feeding frenzy of people looking into it.

Dude really needs to win against UGA.

I picked during the season because that's what I want to happen, but my guess is as good as anyone's. If it's going to happen, it would probably be better to happen after the season. It would be nice if he could coach himself into another good job if Currie doesn't extend the contract, but at this point I'm not sure who would hire him. Of course, a miracle could happen and we might win this week. It wouldn't change my mind on Butch but it would turn the heat way down.

IÂ’m obviously just guessing, but hereÂ’s how I see it.

During October: 5 percent chance
During November but before final game: 35 percent chance
After the regular season: 25 percent chance
Butch has 1-2 more years: 30 percent chance
Butch leaves for another, lower tier job: 5 percent chance
Butch has a long, successful tenure here: 0 percent chance

Reactions: 2 people
I will wait and see how the season plays out. Doesn't look promising but you never know. If he somehow pulls a couple of upsets (including this weekend) and doesn't lose to an inferior opponent, I could see him being here next year for sure.

Thread title is click bait. Clicked expecting to see something about a recruiting scandal, something involving a coed, or too many beers. Or both. Or all three. VN gotta step up its game.

I am watching a little bit of Finebaum right now. Butch is being universally mocked. We are being mentined along with teams like Missouri.

Sorry- but really interested to know the temperature of ALL VNers, not just those that speak the loudest.

Heck, everyone might select the fourth option!! Personally, I really want CBJ to succeed.

Even if you get about 500 votes in this poll, what do you think it shows out of the many thousand vol fans?

Butch should be fired RIGHT NOW.

Agreed. BUT, and this is a big but, how do we know that Currie is a competent AD? Our history suggests he isnt. Also, what do the Haslams think about all of this? These are the big questions that will determine whether we get to see progress or the same old BS we have seen since 2008.

A poll for which anyone can participate.........yea, that is integrity at its best.......wow! some of you are so gullible......it borders on pathetic and ignorant.

Don't see it officially until the end of the season even tho the decision could be a month old.

VN Store

Back