I miss...

volinbham

VN GURU
being considered a legit contender

starting the season ranked in the Top 20

watching NFL games and knowing both teams will have Vol players

knowing we will beat who we should beat.

knowing most of the teams we play we should beat and feeling like we have a got shot at the few that might be ranked ahead of us.

being ranked the entire season.

being thought of as a top team in the NCAA

not ever worrying about beating Vandy or Kentucky

not claiming "moral victories"

going to bowl games that matter

you?

Reactions: 20 people
being considered a legit contender

starting the season ranked in the Top 20

watching NFL games and knowing both teams will have Vol players

knowing we will beat who we should beat.

knowing most of the teams we play we should beat and feeling like we have a got shot at the few that might be ranked ahead of us.

being ranked the entire season.

being thought of as a top team in the NCAA

not ever worrying about beating Vandy or Kentucky

not claiming "moral victories"

going to bowl games that matter

you?

These are a few of my favorite things...

Reactions: 2 people
Good ole days.

Tennessee will be relevant again if Currie makes the right hire once Butch is fired.

Reactions: 1 person
Do you also miss:

6-7
5-7
5-7

and the feeling of wondering if we can beat both Missouri and Vandy for a 6th win and bowl eligibility?

Do you miss the season ending in November and not watching your Vols play in the post-season?

What about the feeling of the NCAA hanging like a dark cloud over the program because of the shadiness of those at the top?

Do you miss the threat of loss of scholarships due to academic ineligibility and low APRs?

Do you miss the top players in the state picking Alabama and Ohio State instead of their home school?

Or do you just hate the coach so much that overlook all the positives of the last 5 years?

Reactions: 14 people
Do you also miss:

6-7
5-7
5-7

and the feeling of wondering if we can beat both Missouri and Vandy for a 6th win and bowl eligibility?

Do you miss the season ending in November and not watching your Vols play in the post-season?

What about the feeling of the NCAA hanging like a dark cloud over the program because of the shadiness of those at the top?

Do you miss the threat of loss of scholarships due to academic ineligibility and low APRs?

Do you miss the top players in the state picking Alabama and Ohio State instead of their home school?

Or do you just hate the coach so much that overlook all the positives of the last 5 years?

Is Butch your uncle?

Reactions: 5 people
Do you also miss:

6-7
5-7
5-7

So do you like us recruiting top in state talent and watching them transfer? Do you like recruiting top talent and never seeing them produce?

Reactions: 4 people
I miss when TN fans acted like TN fans.. With class and respect for their players and their coach. I miss the days when fans supported their Vols 110% instead of rooting for the opponent in the hopes that it ends the career of the coach.

Reactions: 7 people
Do you also miss:

6-7
5-7
5-7

I sure as hell don’t know if we can beat Mizzou or Vandy this year. We’ll be closer to 6 wins than we want

Do you also miss:

6-7
5-7
5-7

Do you miss running the ball from the 1?

Do you miss beating Vandy and SC like a drum?

Do you miss seeing the best players play?

Do you miss the running back hit the hole hard instead of this delay crap?

Do you miss seeing us be able to hold a team to less than 200 yards rushing?

We're looking down the barrel of 5-7 or 6-6.

Do you also miss:

6-7
5-7
5-7

Your living in that fear. Get over it

I miss smashmouth football. I miss lining up in a pro set and watching our linemen fire off the ball and maul people.

I miss being Wide Receiver U.

I miss toughness. I miss having teams chock full of "alphas" that would not only take your head off during the game, but would meet you in a dark alley after the game.

I miss having a team that would galvanize after a disappointing loss rather than divide.

I miss genuine team leadership.

I miss when TN fans acted like TN fans.. With class and respect for their players and their coach. I miss the days when fans supported their Vols 110% instead of rooting for the opponent in the hopes that it ends the career of the coach.

I miss the days when Vol fans were smart enough to realize when someone doesn't meet the job standard that coach should be questioned. Rather than bow to the position without question.

We have become a base of fans that if you question anything the coaches do or say you are no longer considered a fan. That is what I find shameful.

I will not apologize for having higher expectations for the staff and team, as well as, holding a man making $4M/yr accountable in his 5th year.

Reactions: 4 people
I miss the days when Vol fans were smart enough to realize when someone doesn't meet the job standard that coach should be questioned. Rather than bow to the position without question.

We have become a base of fans that if you question anything the coaches do or say you are no longer considered a fan. That is what I find shameful.

I will not apologize for having higher expectations for the staff and team, as well as, holding a man making $4M/yr accountable in his 5th year.

No one questions the coach is the one to be held accountable - but failing to recognize all the positives only to justify what you feel is the appropriate conclusion (firing) isn't right.

Calling for a 3-1 coach to be fired midseason is exactly the mentality that led to Dooley years.

Calling for a 3-1 coach to be fired midseason is exactly the mentality that led to Dooley years.

UF and UMass game totally mismanaged. It's only a matter of time. He has done this over and over each year. I am past the point of writing I hope he has learned from his mistakes.

And yes, Butch is better than Dooley. He has recruited well. We have won more in the last two years. There are positives. BUT having said that, he left more on the field last season than he should have.

The funny thing is was this thread was motivated when watching the Raiders/Redskins last night and they mentioned Janokowski - made me realize it's been almost 20 years since the "Decade of Dominance".

Then I started thinking about how every NFL game featured former UT players.

We just haven't been relevant for almost 20 years. It wasn't about Butch or this team per se; it was about what UT was and can be again.

VN Store

Back