We are ranked 10th

volmania8

In ESPN's SEC power ratings. That's 1 spot below Kentucky and 4 spots below Vanderbilt. Someone please tell me again how Butch had us heading in the right direction.

Reactions: 14 people
Those TaxSlayer & Outback Bowl wins though?

Embarrassing that we've come to a point where we're ranked below UK & Vandy in football.

Butch has failed to win the East 4 years in a row now and it's fixing to be 5.

Same ole excuses, same ole showing.

Reactions: 11 people
In ESPN's SEC power ratings. That's 1 spot below Kentucky and 4 spots below Vanderbilt. Someone please tell me again how Butch had us heading in the right direction.

It's early in season rankings don't mean much after you get past the top 5. I do know there will be a lot of unhappy fans if UT wins Saturday it will totally hurt their narrative.

Reactions: 4 people
We're ranked 4 spots below Vandy after they got waxed 59-0, 78 total yards, and 3 first downs against Bama?!? The author of this list has serious cognitive functioning issues it appears.

It's early in season rankings don't mean much after you get past the top 5. I do know there will be a lot of unhappy fans if UT wins Saturday it will totally hurt their narrative.

Willing to bet no true Vol fan will be upset about beating a top 7 Ga team. But those chance's are very slim. Butch struggle's against top 25 teams and has never beaten a top 10 team. Could get bad early.

Reactions: 5 people
agreed, but didnt vandy just pretty much not show up against bama at home? They blew us out last year and we put up a bigger fight than they did :)

We're ranked 4 spots below Vandy after they got waxed 59-0, 78 total yards, and 3 first downs against Bama?!? The author of this list has serious cognitive functioning issues it appears.

Sad thing is Ala could beat us like that if they were motivated to. Saban needed to show Vandy that they really didn't want any part of that. Exactly why you don't talk smack to Ala.But Vandy has a top 25 win and we don't. That probably is a factor in those ratings.

agreed, but didnt vandy just pretty much not show up against bama at home? They blew us out last year and we put up a bigger fight than they did :)

Vandy might have rallied to a score if all of their fans hadn't sold their tickets to Bama fans.

Reactions: 2 people

Is there a point where sunshine pumpers give up? Most of the pumpers have jumped ship but even with Dooley there were a few of you guys floating around until he was fired. Serious question...say Butch doesn't win another game this year, will you guys still be on the board making excuses and digging for some shred of hope in statistics and moral victories? Is it support the coach until he's fired? OR is that you are the last ones to recognize that he can't win? OR have you just come to accept the mediocrity? Seriously...I would like to know. :dunno:

Reactions: 1 person

For what it's worth, my math system has Vandy 6th in the SEC (#31 overall) and UT 10th (#61). That's purely math, and has zero bias involved.

Reactions: 3 people

The most adamant Jones haters should be rooting against TN.

My personal philosophy is enjoy the positives. If we lose more than we win a coaching change will take care of itself.

Reactions: 1 person

That ranking is a direct reflection of the negative reaction of the fans towards Butch Jones, and them not taking into consideration how tough it was for Butch Jones to get this program back to our historical average of 8 wins after what Derek Dooley did to the program.

:fool:

Reactions: 2 people
Is there a point where sunshine pumpers give up? Most of the pumpers have jumped ship but even with Dooley there were a few of you guys floating around until he was fired. Serious question...say Butch doesn't win another game this year, will you guys still be on the board making excuses and digging for some shred of hope in statistics and moral victories? Is it support the coach until he's fired? OR is that you are the last ones to recognize that he can't win? OR have you just come to accept the mediocrity? Seriously...I would like to know. :dunno:

The vols may come out and get a break and gamble some on D and win turnover battle and play like hell against UGA.I don't give up on the team and I don't pump sunshine....but I've got a memory and VN got pumped up with Lame and Dooley hires and I am now bearing witness to the same ole ignorance that I saw with CPF. It's not gonna get any better folks as long as those seats are being filled and that's the bottom line. How many negas on here do you think pay $1500 per year for one seat? They are condradictory types in supporting the very thing they want changed. It will take 2 more years before you see the attendance affect the bottom line and then a change may come but just like CBJ, many on here will be against the new hire before game 1. It's how UT rolls. A house divided doesn't stand.

I can't take anyone seriously that puts Vandy 4 spots ahead of us after getting completely embarrassed by Alabama.

If this is what you use for your argument, then you are either very lazy or haven't been paying attention.

How are we above Ole Miss? I can MAYBE understand being above Missouri and South Carolina (though the Gamecocks are debatable) but Ole Miss is athletic and if we can't beat UMASS by more than four, I think Ole Miss beats us handily. Let me put it this way, the Ole Miss team that played the first half against Cal would beat UT by 20.

VN Store

Back