Its OK to hate Butch......

LargeOrange1

But, come on Vol Fans, we have to support OUR team. Yes, UGA could demolish us on Saturday or we could stomp a mudhole in their butts! If we lose, it will hurt big time and just add fuel to the "Fire Butch" bonfire. But on any given Saturday....

At the end of the day, we LOVE THE VOLS. I have lived in Georgia for 30 years (Knox Native) and would totally give up College Football rather than ever pull for the Dogs or any other SEC team. (Disclaimer: I will pull for them to beat the Gators)

Lets support our team. The coaching situation will work itself out eventually. I am pissed at Butch but really want him to succeed....for the Team's sake! GO VOLS!!! :salute:

Reactions: 13 people
None of us personally HATE Butch.

Some of us just don't think he's a good coach who's capable of winning the SEC East.

He's had plenty of chances to redeem himself and refuses to learn from his mistakes.

It's year 5 now! You can't make excuses for this kind of showing on the field anymore.

Reactions: 30 people

Some of us just don't think he's a good coach who's capable of winning the SEC East.

He's had plenty of chances to redeem himself and refuses to learn from his mistakes.

It's year 5 now! You can't make excuses for this kind of showing on the field anymore.

Pretty much all that.

Reactions: 1 person

What he said.

Dis right hurr

This guy nailed it.

But, come on Vol Fans, we have to support OUR team. Yes, UGA could demolish us on Saturday or we could stomp a mudhole in their butts! If we lose, it will hurt big time and just add fuel to the "Fire Butch" bonfire. But on any given Saturday....

At the end of the day, we LOVE THE VOLS. I have lived in Georgia for 30 years (Knox Native) and would totally give up College Football rather than ever pull for the Dogs or any other SEC team. (Disclaimer: I will pull for them to beat the Gators)

Lets support our team. The coaching situation will work itself out eventually. I am pissed at Butch but really want him to succeed....for the Team's sake! GO VOLS!!! :salute:

Who isnt supporting the team? Literally the only person i saw say they hope we lose is a sunshine pumper spouting some nonsense about not winning the east.

EXACTLY !
This should be copy and pasted on 90% of the current threads.

I don't think anybody hates Butch..or at least not most of us. I think we have some elite players on this team that are being underutilized. We also recognize that Butch's recruiting won't hold up after another poor season. We just don't want the positive things that Butch has accomplished here...mainly recruiting, to be undone because he is allowed to stay when he clearly is in over his head from a coaching standpoint.

Regardless if he is a good coach, I'll never look back on Butch like I do Dooley.

Butch has worked his ass off recruiting to get us a talented roster again. We have won 9 games the past two seasons.

Is he the coach to take us to the next level? Probably not, but he has improved UT a lot.

Reactions: 5 people
Regardless if he is a good coach, I'll never look back on Butch like I do Dooley.

Butch has worked his ass off recruiting to get us a talented roster again. We have won 9 games the past two seasons.

Is he the coach to take us to the next level? Probably not, but he has improved UT a lot.

Yeah as anti Butch as I am right now that man is VFL for all the work he has put in here. I really want the guy to get it done, he at least gives a **** about UT.

Reactions: 5 people

Ditto.

Thread/

I waited all year for football season, when and if it is appropriate I'll join the "fahr Butch" crowd.

For now we're 3 and 1, with Georgia coming in. So I'm going to enjoy the week and be pumped up on Saturday.

It'll all play out soon enough.

GO BIG ORANGE!!!

No, it's not okay to Hate Butch. He's a good guy that's been very resilient in his efforts here and he deserves some thanks. I will pull hard for him to win Saturday, but if we can't win I hope we get crushed so we can move on to a coach that can take the next step.

His last big boo-boo....promoting LS. Grow a pair, man up and call it what it is....another dumbazz move and show him the road or we show Jones the road. His stupid brand of offense is never gonna work in the SEC. Sit him down and splain it like a gentleman, at this very time,(no waiting), "either you can get someone in here who can run an offense or you gonna get your butt outta here." That's the direction our AD should take IMHO.

Still a young team

YESSS, Butch has done ALOT for Tennessee in RECRUITING but that's only 1 part of the job (Coaching, Recruiting, Hiring Assistants, Developing), now if you had done only ONE part of your corporate job, I guarantee you when it is your REVIEW time, your boss will say, "You only checked good in 1 out of 4 therefore we will have to MOVE ON and we wish you well in your future endeavors"! Thank you for your time !! This is a RESULTS driven Business and we are in Year 5 and still NO East Championship Results..... Sorry, but it is what it is !!

I don't HATE Butch, I just hate all his slogans and gimmicks and coach speak. It's like listening to a robot. I think he's a good football coach, just not at the SEC level. He's one of those coaches that should stick around the mid-tier program level. He was the right guy to come in and rebuild the program but he isn't the right guy to take us back to the level where Tennessee football is supposed to be

Hey I agree with you.....I understand what it was like 08-13. I also realize Butch was a pretty good builder, and certainly got Tennessee off the mat and fighting.

I still love the Vols, and I always will no matter what. I just do not want to see the Vols fall back to 08-13. Butch has done us a solid, but he is not what Tennessee needs to get us over the mediocracy hump and bring Tennessee to real prominence again.

I also would hate to see Butch stay here too long, and let his own career die. Now if Butch could turn things around, and get Tennessee to 8 or 9 wins, and keep it going that would not happen.....but the way things look now..........???

Some people cannot bow out gracefully. I have an opinion as to whether Butch is one of those people but will keep it to myself for now.

We're playing complimentary (sic) football. Our defense holds the gate open and compliments the opponent on their style for for gaining 700 yards on us.

VN Store

Back