Too early?

Kelley_VFL

We are 3-1. Lost only game on a BS play in the swamp. Can we at least let him fail before we ask for his head? I mean I am as unhappy as anyone with the way we lost that game and the way we struggled with the umass game. But can we let them lose first? This team doesn't give up. They have some heart on that field. We may be suprised this weekend. And if we are then what? Are you guys going to say sorry?

Reactions: 9 people
Losses are coming, just wait. We're just lighting torches and gathering the mob now.

Reactions: 6 people
The other 90 threads were not enough, we needed one more to do the trick? J/k

Seriously though, we didnt lose in the swamp to a bs play. We lost due to bs coaching and a series of bad decisions. Those same decisions that have lead to losses in most big games over the last 4 years. We lost due to lack of player development.

Whats the definition of insanity? Something like doing the same thing expecting a different result.

Reactions: 8 people
I agree..Even tho Saturday was abysmal I think we should still give this team a chance to succeed or fail before we jump to judgement...GBO
Beat those PUPPIES this weekend

Stack up the mattresses... Get ready but let them play. This team will play to the level of their opponent. Even Vegas sees that with a 7 pt spread.

Seriously though, we didnt lose in the swamp to a bs play. We lost due to bs coaching and a series of bad decisions. Those same decisions that have lead to losses in most big games over the last 4 years. We lost due to lack of player development.

Whats the definition of insanity? Something like doing the same thing expecting a different result.

The play was bs. Obviously not the only reason we lost. But I do think if we get that game to OT we win. If we beat GA then what? Still calling for his head? Serious question. Because if we can beat GA then we can beat LSU. Then what?

People see the writing on the wall this year more so than last year.

Last year had razor thin wins over GA and App to make the W/L column look good early on then it fell apart.

It's falling apart earlier this season. This season they could easily be 1-3 right now.

This is what you get when you have a coach who has been satisfied his entire tenure here whistling past the graveyard with miracle plays like Jennings last season instead of imploring his teams to do better the other 80 or 90 plays and not digging themselves into a hole in the first place.

Reactions: 1 person
The play was bs. Obviously not the only reason we lost. But I do think if we get that game to OT we win. If we beat GA then what? Still calling for his head? Serious question. Because if we can beat GA then we can beat LSU. Then what?

After watching the first four games, is there literally anything you can point to that would give you hope that we'll beat UGA?

Have you watched us play at all this year? We're not very good, and the bad coaching isn't helping any.

We ain't beating UGA, I'd be surprised if we beat SC.

Reactions: 1 person

The play wasnt bs it was a pass play and we are not good enough to defend it.

I havent called for his head a single time. Ive said he isnt a good coach and he is providing plenty of proof. If he beats uga, then great. I never hope the vols lose. If we lose then oh well, i picked us at 8-4 before the season started.

My issue is how bad we are, and we are bad. If you play good football and get beat, thats one thing. We dont play good football.

I am thinking it is the players and not the coaches, do any us really think that these coaches don't know what their doing? Come on, pull those rose color glasses off and one can only see their is a internal war going on between JG and QD and they have their friends. This is a player problem and these coaches are having a hard time putting someone out of the field they can "TRUST" I think JG performance pretty much sums up his game prepping work ethic.........

I think it is too easy to blame the coaches these days for player performance on Saturday.

Butch is being evaluated on this forum in terms of 4 yrs and 4 games. A lot of people don't like what they've seen.

We are 3-1. Lost only game on a BS play in the swamp. Can we at least let him fail before we ask for his head? I mean I am as unhappy as anyone with the way we lost that game and the way we struggled with the umass game. But can we let them lose first? This team doesn't give up. They have some heart on that field. We may be suprised this weekend. And if we are then what? Are you guys going to say sorry?

It's 5 years of the same mistakes, same mismanagement, same excuses.

It's not one loss to Florida. It's the 3 loses to the worst gators teams that any of us have ever seen.

Butch needs to go, like yesterday.

Reactions: 2 people
I am thinking it is the players and not the coaches, do any us really think that these coaches don't know what their doing? Come on, pull those rose color glasses off and one can only see their is a internal war going on between JG and QD and they have their friends. This is a player problem and these coaches are having a hard time putting someone out of the field they can "TRUST" I think JG performance pretty much sums up his game prepping work ethic.........

I think it is too easy to blame the coaches these days for player performance on Saturday.

Oh boy

They don't want to wait. They want to make enough noise so it will distact the team.

They are "fans" hoping we lose so they can get rid of Butch.

Lol

already moved on...MAN, it's GEORGIA week...this is the most important game...right now...Mr. Currie and the gang will make any decisions concerning any hiring or firing...me, I'm pulling for our team to band together and beat the Dawgs, !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LET'S GO BIG ORANGE...:rock::clapping::pepper::yahoo:

Once again, because of Butch, we should have a better record. With decent coaching, this team would be 4-0.

Amazing stuff there. You will not see the train coming. It will run your butt over.

I know, but we can't discount that this exist. Discontent can be a bad thing on any team sport. I point toward Hurd and Washington as good examples.

Coach Jones........bless his heart, will not throw his players under a bus.....even with Hurd, he never said one bad thing......this guy has integrity to a fault.

I know, but we can't discount that this exist. Discontent can be a bad thing on any team sport. I point toward Hurd and Washington as good examples.

Coach Jones........bless his heart, will not throw his players under a bus.....even with Hurd, he never said one bad thing......this guy has integrity to a fault.

On this we agree.

one more thing.........because Jones is loyal to his players........they are taking advantage of it. If it was me.........I would call their parents and explain the issue......if that does not work..........hit the road. Sometime you have to cut the big trees down to let the little trees grow.

What I don't understand is that, if it is the coaches, you have a group of guys that have been successful at previous spots and/or are heralded as experts at their various positions. Once they are put together, in their first year, they suddenly don't know what they are doing. Yes, even Butch won conference championships in the past. I don't buy that these guys can't coach. From what I have seen you can coach technique and recruit physical talent, but you can't coach heart and want to. We have a few guys that have it, but not enough. The OL getting whipped by UMASS and Appy State is a good example of it. I've heard it from somebody else, but I am starting to buy into it. CBJ is looking for a spotless program so he is gathering kids who have been privileged and don't mind losing. We need to find kids that have had to scrap to get to where they are and hate losing. Will they get into some trouble, sure, but if they are given support to be better people then they are the people you want to be around anyway.

Last edited:

IF (big IF) we beat Georgia this weekend and then proceed to win the rest of the year (+/- Bama) then I will be the FIRST one to say "I'm sorry"...

None of us WANT to see them lose...we would all love for Butch to be the guy and to somehow be morphed into an "Elite" level coach....I just don't think most of us believe that it will realistically happen.

VN Store

Back