Do you people realize that this is the Weakest SEC in probably 10-15 years ?

thegasman54

Outside Alabama this league is very mediocre ... weakest UF in probably 25 years.

If not now when woudl you expect UT to be good ?

Ridiculous, I have defended Butch as much as about anyone. Most of my UT friends gave up on him after the Vandy game last year.

It s over guys

Reactions: 6 people
Outside Alabama this league is very mediocre ... weakest UF in probably 25 years.

Ridiculous, I have defended Butch as much as about anyone. Most of my UT friends gave up on him after the Vandy game last year.

It s over guys

I will give you a weak UF and 11 others.
But, I'm afraid (and I loathe them living here) that Georgia is a very good team. Not Bama good. But, very good.
I hope I am proven wrong.

Reactions: 1 person
UF went 4-8 in 2013. Don't think they're quite that bad. But not much better

I have 2 buddies that are big UF fans. They usually ride me pretty hard each year after we find some way to lose to FL again. This year they have kept their mouths shut. They know how bad this FL team is. They fully expect to get rolled by GA.

I just hope for the programs sake that Butch finds some way to motivate this team to beat GA and win the mediocre east this year. I don't even mind getting rolled by Bama in the SECCG if we can win the east.

Most people do, that's why there is so much angst over Jones likely choking away the East for a 3rd consecutive season.

There are several good teams in the SEC. Maybe not elite, but we have never really had more than two elite teams. So its about average.
Say what you want about Florida, they win games.
But to your point, Tennessee is not a good team, several of us are not suprised at all.

We've definitely have had our chances in the east the last few years and haven't capitalized on it. But overall the sec is still tough we just beat each other up every week. Not every conference can say that some play one or two tough games all year.

There are several good teams in the SEC. Maybe not elite, but we have never really had more than two elite teams. So its about average.
Say what you want about Florida, they win games.
But to your point, Tennessee is not a good team, several of us are not suprised at all.

I'm not surprised we're not really good. I am surprised we look as bad as we do.

Before season I commented several times that it wouldn't surprise me if we went 10-2 but I also wouldn't be surprised if we went 5-7. 5-7 ,Not so much as us sucking it up as much as some of the others getting better.

Its still early and we've only played Florida. They don't look any better than last year and we lost.

Georgia looks good so far. I'm not convinced that we lose Saturday, but I'm not as comfortable today as I was in August.

My point? We're sucking it up and at least Georgia seems to be getting better. This ain't good. I haven't given up on us yet, but....well, I haven't given up yet.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm not surprised we're not really good. I am surprised we look as bad as we do.

Before season I commented several times that it wouldn't surprise me if we went 10-2 but I also wouldn't be surprised if we went 5-7. 5-7 ,Not so much as us sucking it up as much as some of the others getting better.

Its still early and we've only played Florida. They don't look any better than last year and we lost.

Georgia looks good so far. I'm not convinced that we lose Saturday, but I'm not as comfortable today as I was in August.

My point? We're sucking it up and at least Georgia seems to be getting better. This ain't good. I haven't given up on us yet, but....well, I haven't given up yet.

I think that is where most are. I had us losing to UGA anyway so the only thing different is now i think we lose big. I was an 8-4/7-5 thinker before the season. Now im definately a 7-5.

I think that is where most are. I had us losing to UGA anyway so the only thing different is now i think we lose big. I was an 8-4/7-5 thinker before the season. Now im definately a 7-5.

Not that it matters, but before season started (August 21) I wrote down my "gut feeling" prediction of each game. Not what I actually thought or what should be, just gut. I tried not to think about anything but where the game was and who WE played before and after.

I looked at the schedule and wrote down the W or L and the score.

I've been right so far on W and L. GT score I was way off at 34-17. ISU I was off at 45-7. Florida 20-23. UMass way off at 35-3.

Anyway, I got us winning Georgia 35-27.

Pretty spot on.

UF went 4-8 in 2013. Don't think they're quite that bad. But not much better

2010 might be the standard for how bad the East as a whole has ever been, really.

2013 at least saw two East teams end the year in the top 5 of the final rankings.

Last edited:
Pretty spot on.

Yea, but I don't have to be told that it means nothing, just thought I'd throw it out there.

Lol, my gut was perfect last year, on the record. I had us at 8-4, but I only had 1 of the 4 right. Lawdz.

Not that it matters, but before season started (August 21) I wrote down my "gut feeling" prediction of each game. Not what I actually thought or what should be, just gut. I tried not to think about anything but where the game was and who WE played before and after.

I looked at the schedule and wrote down the W or L and the score.

I've been right so far on W and L. GT score I was way off at 34-17. ISU I was off at 45-7. Florida 20-23. UMass way off at 35-3.

Anyway, I got us winning Georgia 35-27.

Youre a whole bunch smarter than me so i hope youre right.

Youre a whole bunch smarter than me so i hope youre right.

Haha, I don't think I'm smarter than anyone here. I only shared that for fun, in no way do I consider it anything but interesting and fun.

After doing my "gut" prediction, I did one on my thoughts. Looked at each teams records and who they played last year, where they played, returning starters etc. More in depth. Its different. Haha, just shows my gut it closer to being smarter than I actually am. :)

But, I hope my gut was right about Georgia too.

It s over guys

Are the Vols getting about what they paid for in Butch Jones, after 5 years?

VN Store

Back