Gunner's Ranks UT's Best Chances at a Win to Finish 2017

gunner

The Big Orange Gun
After the debacle yesterday at Neyland and with 8 games remaining here are my best chances at a UT win.

1. Mizzou
2. Southern Miss
3. S. Carolina
4. Vandy
5. Kentucky
6. LSU
7. Georgia
8. Alabama

8 wins looks almost impossible at this point.

This team is really struggling at QB. The Doorman has looked like Worley 2.0 through four games.

Until UT finds a serviceable QB 5 or 6 wins looks like the ceiling.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Just my 2 cents but Tennessee still should beat S Miss and MO, and could win at least 2 of SC, KY, LSU and Vandy......not saying Tennessee will, but I would have 5 wins as a lock.....and really just based off of talent surely Tennessee would pull off at least one more.

After the debacle yesterday at Neyland and with 8 games remaining here are my best chances at a UT win.

1. Mizzou
2. Southern Miss
3. S. Carolina
4. Vandy
5. Kentucky
6. LSU
7. Georgia
8. Alabama

This team is really struggling at QB. The Doorman has looked like Worley 2.0 through four games.

17-27 for 187 yards, 1 TD and no picks/turnovers isn't "serviceable"??

QD ain't playing great, but he's far from the reason, is at worst only one of many, many reasons why this team is struggling mightily. And he's light years better than JG or God forbid that little Antifa Social Justice Warrior.

No, if we're gonna have a chance to do anything this year, it'll be with QD.

Reactions: 1 person

QD ain't playing great, but he's far from the reason, is at worst only one of many, many reasons why this team is struggling mightily. And he's light years better than JG or God forbid that little Antifa Social Justice Warrior.

Well I agree but he did have a turnover. Fumbled on a run.

Yes, hopefully they've already begun recruiting over McBride. Let him transfer to Cal or Oregon with that attitude.

He's Worley 2.0 but with more turnovers. He will have to play his best game yet for UT to beat Georgia.

At this point, I would line Kelly up in the shotgun at QB and let him run wild. Just like Dobbs did at times last year.

LSU is actually looking more beatable as the weeks go on. I would flip LSU and Kentucky. Other than that o can't disagree with anything. Kentucky will be hyped for our game and they will actually be expecting to win. Let's also remember we play them after Alabama. We will almost be guaranteed to have 3 major injuries to impact players. Happens every year.

1. Mizzou
2. Southern Miss
3. S. Carolina
4. Vandy
5. Kentucky
6. LSU
7. Georgia
8. Alabama

Worley had no oline at all. Dormady has more passing talent and will get better soon. Our Oline will establish our ceiling. We loose to AL. GA and LSU 50/50, we win aginst the others if we play to our potential.

it ain't about the quarterback play folks. We got no defense!

Winning six games if a real probability.

And we might win a lower tier bowl game.

That don't work for me!

Pull the plug John!

He posted on Twitter that he supported the NFL players sitting down/kneeling for the national anthem.

The entertainment business including sports REALLY needs to keep itself seperate from politics.

Agreed. Guarantano just doesn't look ready at all, but the QB position is the least of this team's problems. I caught a second of Chris Doering on SECN on Sunday and when asked why he thought Tennessee struggled against UMass he went immediately to Butch changing QBs. I suppose that is an easier talking point for a viewing audience to digest than discussing something like offensive line play, but he sounded like he was telling someone who had just been diagnosed with a terminal illness that they should really be worried about that hangnail.

This team's biggest problems are that we are awful at the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball and the secondary can't cover anybody. Dormady is a perfectly serviceable QB. No, he isn't as good as Dobbs and no, he isn't as good as Fromm/Eason, Jalen Hurts, Jake Bentley, or probably Stephen Johnson at Kentucky. But Tennessee can win games with him. QB isn't really the problem.

VN Store

Back